PDA

View Full Version : Size balance

torvic
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
What do you think of making size differences during melee combat more notable then it currently are?
I mean making large creatures more hard to hit smaller ones (and may be some penalties in opposite direction).
For example when ogre is fighting pixie it seems logically that it's quite hard for him to hit.

JellySlayer
05-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, right now size effects are already pretty severe. Non-trolls are at a pretty big across-the-board disadvantage for winning the game due to the size effects alone. TB has tinkered a bit with trying to give some more advantages to smaller races to rebalance this a bit. I haven't played enough of the current version to be able to say how well it has worked out.

torvic
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
This is generally not just about giving some advantages/disadvantages to different sizes. This is about making size differences between opponents actually affect combat style/tactics/etc (on another hand it's one more point which allows to make balance).

ronarscorruption
05-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I think, what might be logical is that the higher size you are, the more PV you have instead of DV. I find it a little silly to have my trolls often ending up with DV of 40 and PV of 6.

grobblewobble
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, right now size effects are already pretty severe. Non-trolls are at a pretty big across-the-board disadvantage for winning the game due to the size effects alone. TB has tinkered a bit with trying to give some more advantages to smaller races to rebalance this a bit. I haven't played enough of the current version to be able to say how well it has worked out.
From what I've seen so far, my current impression is that trolls still have a pretty big advantage. The extra HPs really count for a lot.

Making smaller characters (or monsters) a little harder to hit sounds good to me.