PDA

View Full Version : more roguelike Color scheme?

Batman?
03-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I know this sounds ungateful but.......Is it possible to have a different color scheme? the white and bright yellow dont have the same roguelike feel as say...a black backround.

/dons fireproof blanket

Starhawk
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Speaking of color schemes: I'm a vBulletin owner as well, where did you get the color scheme? Or did you whip it up yourself? I've still got the generic skin on mine and I'd like to liven it up....

Zeno
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree. I don't like the current colors.

theotherhiveking
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
You should post it here.

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?projectid=4

adom-admin
03-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Speaking of color schemes: I'm a vBulletin owner as well, where did you get the color scheme? Or did you whip it up yourself? I've still got the generic skin on mine and I'd like to liven it up....

I built it myself last night... the color scheme is inspired by the color scheme of the classic ADOM website and I always liked it for its brightness... I usually feel that all these dark colors are too depressing - except if they are in front of me while playing a good roguelike :)

theotherhiveking
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I built it myself last night... the color scheme is inspired by the color scheme of the classic ADOM website and I always liked it for its brightness... I usually feel that all these dark colors are too depressing - except if they are in front of me while playing a good roguelike :)

Thats why a love these colors, I like them because they are depressing.

I'm wondering... there arent any of these menus that let you choose the forum style? I'd like to see a dark one.

IronJelly
03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I am just posting here to state my agreement on the dislike of the colors.

That said, darker color doesn't have to be depressing. I kind of envision browns and grays with the occasional yellow-orange thrown in for contrast. Reminds me of carrying a torch in a dark dungeon..

aran
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
A more roguelike theme? Should we replace all the images with text? That'd certainly be interesting, if not entirely confusing! :D

morgad
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Just remember some of us who read the forum are old farts with duff eyesight .. please avoid low contrast and small fonts. :D

Also please ensure the forum stays readable on small screens - it looks ok at the moment on my laptop - an EeePC :)

thanks
Dave

ScooterSkittles
03-08-2008, 07:29 AM
I like the color scheme, except I think (IMHO) that the colors should be swapped. Make the individual posts white instead of pale yellow, and make the outside pale yellow instead of white.

What do you think? A little easier on the eyes, since having white surround the text you're looking at draws your attention away, competing too well against the softer yellow color. Plus, black text on white is pretty professional seeming. In fact, this box that I'm typing this message into is a lot like what I mean... (go to posting a reply to see kinda what I mean.)

paan
03-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I like the color scheme, except I think (IMHO) that the colors should be swapped. Make the individual posts white instead of pale yellow, and make the outside pale yellow instead of white.

What do you think? A little easier on the eyes, since having white surround the text you're looking at draws your attention away, competing too well against the softer yellow color. Plus, black text on white is pretty professional seeming. In fact, this box that I'm typing this message into is a lot like what I mean... (go to posting a reply to see kinda what I mean.)

Totally agree.. exactly what I was thinking..

Rusi
03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Don't have anything againts this color scheme but personally I prefer for some reason basic vBulletin color scheme which is (light) blue/white.

spectre
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
This color scheme is also a bit too bright for me. I would go for something more toned down, light light grey.
It may just be my needing to adjustto it.

Grey
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I didn't like the scheme here at first, but as I thought I'm getting used to it. Personalised options would be nice though.

Epythic
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
- This color scheme is fine for me.
- Swapping yellow/white would be good.
- A dark[er] scheme would be bad.
- Getting JADE out is more important ;)

Alucard
03-10-2008, 06:12 AM
yes, a dark theme please ^^

Epythic
03-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I hope you are joking.

Oh, and please keep it as Lynx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_%28web_browser%29)-compatible as possible :)

spectre
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I think a simple gimmick allowing each user to use their own color scheme would sort the whole issue once and for all. 5 different schemes would be enough I suppose.

theotherhiveking
03-14-2008, 11:53 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4728/pantallazo1lo9.th.png (http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pantallazo1lo9.png)

Epythic
03-15-2008, 08:18 AM
not that i like the theme (i really dont), but how did you do it? greasemonkey?

theotherhiveking
03-15-2008, 02:55 PM
not that i like the theme (i really dont), but how did you do it? greasemonkey?

Firefox extension + style for forums.

I'm still trying to change green to black tho.

Nezur
03-15-2008, 04:58 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4728/pantallazo1lo9.th.png (http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pantallazo1lo9.png)

Nice work but it's too dark and therefore a bit illegible.

theotherhiveking
03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Nice work but it's too dark and therefore a bit illegible.

I didn't do it. But it has some fixes.

It looks fine in a LCD. Also lcd are much brighter that CTR, so it seems fine for me, it also match my system theme.

I will try to make the text brighter and see if it looks clearer.

I will be posting the code for Firefox tomorrow.

Nezur
03-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't do it. But it has some fixes.

--

Ah, sorry, I thought you just took a screenshot and coloured it to suggest a possible theme.