PDA

View Full Version : getting into the ancient stone circle.....

rmcin329
03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I've satisfied the demented ratling with 6 artifacts and talked to him afterwards. However i can't get into the stone circle on darknight. Doesn't seem to matter what hour it is, game won't let me in, still at chaotic alignment. Anyone know what the trouble might be?

BenMathiesen
03-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I believe it actually has to be midnight on Darknight. I usually get there on Darknight and type '>' a dozen or so times to be sure I don't miss the window.

Cheers,
Ben

Dougy
03-25-2008, 01:43 AM
I do the same too, I think most people do that too. Wait for roughly the right time and just hold down the > key until you enter. It's not an exact science and it doesn't really matter if you waste time since you need to waste it anyway.

Has anyone managed to defeat Keriax before day 90? I know I haven't - I've tried, but gotten crushed a few times!

Krogg
02-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Are there any alignment requirements for entering the stone circle? I in the middle of my first ultra attempt (first anyway that has a chance). I've done the old Crone's stuff, have all the orbs and have taken care of Filk & the chaos knight on level 66. The only problem is it's day 67 and I have a long way to go to get to 90. Poor planning. I figured I would try and take care of the Emperor Molach and start getting my alignment less chaotic assuming there was no requirement for entering the circle. Any better ideas?

Ars
02-21-2009, 04:12 PM
If you've got the sceptre of chaos, you don't need to kill the emperor moloch. To get through the gate, you need the crown, medal, and EITHER the trident or sceptre. With the sceptre you need to be chaotic though, and it results in a different ending. Of course having the sceptre doesn't stop you from getting the trident, but then the trip to SIL has been useless (apart from the gotten stuff and xp).

Krogg
02-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thank you. What if I wanted to try an ultimate lawful or neutral ending?

Krogg
02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Isn't the crown in the stone circle, though? That was really my question. Is there an alignment requirement to enter? Thanks.

Baranor
02-21-2009, 08:24 PM
There is no alignment requirement, but there may be a level requirement. I don't know.

furious_styles
02-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I usually get there on Darknight and type '>' a dozen or so times to be sure I don't miss the window.

Wait for roughly the right time and just hold down the > key until you enter.

This doesn't always work (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=776) as I found out to my annoyance not so long ago :(

Has anyone managed to defeat Keriax before day 90? I know I haven't - I've tried, but gotten crushed a few times!

The first time I did an ultra, IIRC I actually think I killed him on day 30, and the second time I was ready to go on day 40 and had to try to while away 20 days before I could take a shot at him. So long as you find 7LB in good time I think you should be ready well before day 60.

Grey
02-22-2009, 02:27 AM
There's no alignment requirement or anything else - as long as you've fed the ratling and chatted to him then you can get in on the appropriate hour of the appropriate day. So yeah, carry on with the emperor moloch and the rest of the game as you like. If you want to waste some time then walk around the mountains for a few weeks.