PDA

View Full Version : Thank You for the video

moppit
03-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Just wanted to say thanks again for releasing the video.. I have found this to be a really fun project to watch form development into completion, from the old java source snippets you had on the classic site to the new blog coming up then the forum! (Checking on a daily basis now for updates and what have you.) In any case I wanted to make some comments about what I've seen:

1. Looking super cool! Keep up the good work!

2. Liked the splash screen game screenshots.. Nice little teaser of some of what to expect.

3. I am impressed to see what you have already accomplished.. I wasn't expecting equip slots and/or skills yet to the level which they are at! Woot!

4. Your algorithm for world generation is beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes thinking of how many hours I am going to spend wandering around only to be

5. Killed by an orc.. heheh.. good to see Im not the only one that can YASD by an orc(ish warrior). God bless the rng for keeping life interesting :)

6. Love the zoom feature! Liked the debug feature too.. now if only I could get that working in adom I might be able to get past d49 :P

In closing just wanted to reiterate to you to keep up the excellent work.. been a long time since I was excited to play a new game.... And thanks for sharing your development story w/me! Now I have a flaming adamantium long sword waiting to meet with the denizens of the drakalor chain.. Until next time :)

moppit
03-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Oooh One last thing.. Favorite thing about adom! The mystery and community! I love the community that revolves around adom and it's inner mysteries... From the first times i heard about/experienced some of the random things in adom like wishes and how different people in different games have come together and put together lists about what happens when xxx is wished for etc... Looking forward to slowly unlocking some of the mysteries you incorporate into jade also! It is a beautiful start :)