PDA

View Full Version : UNE: Gnomish druid (p13)

Bieks
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Stats and stoof:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, sweet. That's going to be a bug report then.

>be druid, the gnomish druid, transformed into an avatar of Balance.
He scored 26798475 points and advanced to level 50.
He survived for 0 years, 104 days, 0 hours, 54 minutes and 51 seconds
(134442 turns).
>be druid visited 136 places.
His strength score was modified by +24 during his career.
His learning score was modified by +29 during his career.
His willpower score was modified by +26 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +17 during his career.
His toughness score was modified by +26 during his career.
His charisma score was modified by +24 during his career.
His appearance score was modified by +20 during his career.
His mana score was modified by +34 during his career.
His perception score was modified by +13 during his career.

He: blessed helm of mental stability (-1, -1) [+3, +3] {Le+3} [100s]
Ne: uncursed ankh [3s]
Bo: uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Gi: uncursed girdle of giant strength [+0, +0] {St+12} [30s]
Cl: uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +5] [20s]
RH: blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12] {Ma+24}
LH: -
RR: uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
LR: uncursed ring of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+1} [1s]
Br: uncursed bracers of resistance [+0, +0] [10s]
Ga: uncursed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+0, +4] [15s]
Bo: uncursed boots of the divine messenger [+3, +3] {Dx+5} [25s]
MW: blessed heavy crossbow "The Far Slayer" (+18, +18) [350s]
Mi: blessed quarrel of demon slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [4s]
Tl: uncursed torch (1028 turns of fuel remaining, lit) [10s]

Shenanigans for >be druid:

-Grinded lots in D:8, planted morgia squares here (previous level was flooded by white worms), very slowly expanded it to 5 morgia squares and 4 stomafillia squares. Later changed the morgia squares to spenseweed ones. Gardening is amazing.

-Ancient chaos wyrm decides to fight to the death in a blind rage, hits me down to 4 hp and bleeding. Misses next 9 attacks. Everything under control.

-AoLS probably found at the dwarven graveyard, no ID scroll at the time so kept on going.

-First room in smc halberd of defense, which I used until it rusted and broke. Switched to maces/flails because of finding an addy flail 2d4+11. Switched to spears after getting an eternium one.

-There are few things as annoying as an infestation of tame breeders on a level with the altar you plan to precrown on

-precrowned on lawful with boots of the divine messenger, got seeinvis from a stalker, so I didn't even need to wear the AMW. One in 100 games where this happens. Obviously, I accidentally sacrificed a chaos rat which dropped me to N- right after getting the message 'gnarl favours you'. I was upset.

-gardening is an extremely desirable skill

-Druids basically get the cat ring for free. This is the main reason to play them, actually.

-I am happy the skeletal king always checks the door for you. It was trapped with a fireball. That could've gotten nasty.

-I always feel as if the si is more trouble than it's worth

-bless is a solid spell

-pickpocketing got nerfed so badly it's not even funny anymore. I didn't even have enough steals at level 20 because I got fed up with it really quickly.

-somebody actually came up with a VORTEX BOSS MONSTER. REALLY THOUGH. If you're responsible for this and you thought it was clever, it wasn't. I hate you.

-cure light wounds is a better spell than cure critical wounds. When you don't have that much pp.

-acquired cat ring at day 55, walked to stone circle afterward, reached it at 56 and spent a day reading books. visited the potion shop in high kings cave before taking on keriax.

-game congratulated me with my birthday during the keriax battle, pretty funny

-keriax was an absolute monster, only quarrels of dragon slaying truly did anything at all. The common advise to make him stagger first by throwing potions of stunning or blindness at him is ridiculous. Keep distance and just shoot him. Only way to do it.

-During the keriax fight, I got the exhale sulphur corruption, as well as the extremely thin and nimble on respective positions A and B.

-The oracle is a tasty way to find a giant boar faster. Wasted 10 days before realising I wasn't wearing my seven league boots anymore.

-can't find a farmer corpse, very frustrating. 1 minute after typing this I got one. Basically, mess around the hmv until one is generated. If there is one generated early on, leave it alone.

-The master summoner summoned greater daemons. He's still pathetically weak.

-D:40 red lizard vault. D:42 red lizard vault. Good thing I didn't take my ring of ice off yet.

-D:45 greater vault of greater undead. Only 11 lich kings and one emperor. I've had worse. Items on the ground are one ( and two }, am I seriously getting both artifact missile weapons here? (I totally forgot about whirlwind here, ha!)

I'll keep quick track here of which monsters and issues I'm running into:
- giant rust monsters
- balors. no really. Perhaps I'm not clearing this vault after all
- the balors are now summoning too, this is all kinds of great. Fire giants is the first result.
- chaos mutants popping up now
- I'm seeing werewolves, I hope they didn't summon a lord or a king
- Ice Vortices
- Great karmic wyrms. I love these vaults. I also always forget how great karmics can't see invisible. If only I had death ray now.
- Apparently shooting great karmics with slaying arrows while invisible doesn't alert them to your position. Convenient.
- Great karmic wyrms don't drop anything when they're summoned, bummer.
- Dark elven princesses. Of course.
- AND SHE JUST DRANK A DAMN POTION OF STRENGTH I'M PRETTY UPSET NOW
- acid vortices ;_;
- Grew tired of trying to range a specific lich king. Ran up to him and bashed him on the head. Felt good.
- Dispel undead is the best invention since burning hands
- Despite having 156 dv on coward and being invisible, ghost lords ALWAYS find a way to hit you.
- Got executor, late enough in the endgame to not need it. I need polearm marks.
- the rune-covered sling. yay.
- far slayer! beast!
- I kinda went braveheart, finishing a few lich kings off in melee. No stat drains.

-UL 2 got a scroll of danger, finished gaab'baay's quests. Both chaos pieces stashed in the pyramid.

-I changed to lawfulness on an altar. Needless to say, I managed to curse all my food items and turn all my potions into poison. Pro. I have a scroll of uncursing but no holy water. Thank goodness I prepared those herb squares here earlier.

- Having 900 castings of death ray from a single death ray book is immensely satisfying. Lining up ancient blue dragons to kill 4 at a time even more so.

- swamp hydra tension in the final level of the blue dragon caves
- I am level 50 and these things are surprisingly strong. They barely drop good stuff, not worth my time.
- Since I have barely any potions, I decide to bless a few defense and protection scrolls. My armor is now +10 +9 and my helmet of stability +3 +5. Could've done that way earlier. I now have 103 dv on normal tactics.

-I realise after everything that this applies to scrolls of make your stone spear of penetration betterness. Right after I pretty much am not going to use it anymore. Posterity.

- Doing the greater black unicorn quest did not get me corrupted. Bug? It matters not though, 6 pogas BABY.

- second rods in bug temple. No clue where the first one was acquired. Not wished for anything as of yet, probably going to waste one on extra healing pots.

- forgot about the ultra healing pots in the bug temple, never mind.

- first kill hobgoblin, iirc. only 21 deep. 22 now. Idiot.

- Frog prince, the giant frog on ID 18. First turn he summons corruptors. No royal audience for me today.

- Filk is baptized in fire. 89 days 12 hours. I am afraid I will have to dance with the emperor in double tempo.

- Crowned neutral with black thumb. Magnificent.

- It's day 90, I'm right in front of a potion shop. I have 73 spellbooks. I think I will just read them all now, time is not an issue anymore. I always drop my scrolls while doing this.

Chances are some humanoid will open the door so a vortex can explode on me and destroy all my socrs. I literally have found zero ball spells this playthrough. Then again, I didn't really cast a lot of spells either. I learn 'create item' first. Obvious reasons.

- Someone smashed the door. Rude.

- hahahahahaha a red baby dragon smashed the new door this time. That almost turned sour.

- First 50 books: 5 restocks. 2 knowledge of the ancients and a light book later: 10 restocks.

- There is something oddly ironic about buying a potion of poison for around 2k when you already have 250 poison potions on you

- Well, at least my lack of water is sorted now, I have 37. In total 2 potions of gain attributes. Not bad for some time I was going to waste anyway. Will remember to do this with more characters now.

- Dipped potions of cure poison and insight into exchanges at the emperor moloch's level to get 2 more poga's. Dipped 16 rings in the 2 exchanges I had left over at VDDL for one rods. 3 wishes, I suppose I should do something with them huh

- I never went to PC6. Schroedinger's dog is technically speaking not dead yet. I bet the rng gets him considering I found executor and never used it.

- I grab the chaos pieces and descend. I skip D:47 which has a vault. I will add the savegame before the last dive for curious souls. It still has the 3 rods and about 250 poison potions. From me, for you. With love.

- The anomalies turn into an @ with my colour. I was confused where that potential doppelganger came from.

- There is a mimic tension on D:50. And one white unicorn. Makes me remember the time when there was a white unicorn threatening room on this level. I cried a little. Had an emperor lich room too once.

- The corruption that makes you corrupt your opponents makes killing them really hard even with the totrr. That little joke cost me 2 scrolls. Need to remember that.

- Was considering praying for PP until I said out loud 'I don't really need my PP'. I kinda hope nobody heard that.

- The chaos gate now only needs one lever to be opened again to reopen. I wonder if this has repercussions for the wand of destruction ending. It makes my tactic of digging around to the levers and handling them to get fistanarius to move without much fighting a little easier.

- It is a good thing I decide to check before w5ing myself to extremely corrupted whether or not the chaos gate is occupied. It is. Rather than doing the sensible thing and wish for an acid ball book and truly w5 in front of the gate with everything set, I WILL TELEPORT INTO THAT THING WITHOUT THE MAJORITY OF THE MAIN ROOM EVEN NOTICING ME

- The rng graces me with the tentacle mouth as my last corruption, and it occurs about halfway through a w5, which then proceeds to continue. I am feeling the heat. Teleportation works after the second try and I am on my way.

-dexterity (total 6 points, 3 drains) willpower and perception drain in andy battle. That's all he could muster. Drank two ulti-heals. I tossed a potion of cure corruption at him, I didn't even know I could until yesterday.

-Reviewing the FLG I realise that I didn't drop the chaos trinity pieces after unequipping them.

link for the FLG: http://pastebin.com/0QaNHvBv