PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion...

TheCableGuy
06-12-2013, 11:09 AM
First, we really need an ability to Sort items in the Inventory and and other stacks of items in general.
I have piles and piles of Items in Shops from selling but if I have to go back and find something in that shop,
I have Pages and Pages of items of a single type alone...

Same with all the Arrows and Bolts and Bullets that I've gathered up.
Trying to find the Arrows I need in all the rest of the Missiles I have is starting to give me Eye-strain.

Another suggestion is to keep a Log of what you've done with Artifacts....

Reason I say this is because I've totally misplaced my Needle somewhere
and I have no idea where I stored it.
It's not in my hide-a-way, It's not in the shop I've sold all my junk too
And I "KNOW" I didn't Sac it......
I'm totally at a loss as to where I lost it.

grobblewobble
06-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Related, I was thinking that the interface for choosing what melee weapon to wield could be improved.

I like to switch often between weapons and it takes me a lot of time scrolling down between amulets, potions and scrolls etc, until I finally arrive at my melee weapons. It is technically allowed to equip such things as weapons, but in 99% of the cases you actually want to equip a weapon. So listing the weapons first, at least, would help.

sylph
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
the inventory screen can be filtered with the ascii character of the item to filter by.
For example, when you're equipping a weapon, press ( to ONLY show weapons.

This works with most inventory screens (but sadly, does not work with pickup comfortably)

You can also use extended drop (:d) to select categories of items to drop. Unpaid items, and unidentified items, can be particularly useful.

Silfir
06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Listing melee weapons first when equipping items in hands sounds like an awesome suggestion. I wonder if the code will support the kind of filter found, for instance, in League of Legends, where you can enter letters and only have items shown that match them. You could filter for "arrows" and such.

TheCableGuy
06-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Something needs to be done with Potions, Wands and Scrolls especially.
I have 126 wands on me right now and, with absolutely no ability to sort through them,
I can't ever find the right wand I want.

It's almost as bad with Potions and Scrolls as well, with 60+ stacks of various Potions and 40+ stacks of Scrolls.

They need to be, at the very least, sorted Alphabetically (once I.D.'d)
I mean, Spellbooks are Alphabetized. Why aren't Wands, Potions and Scrolls?