PDA

View Full Version : First playthrough on p14 so far

Booster
06-12-2013, 01:48 PM
First of all - love the graphics! I find it difficult to gauge what tile I'm on sometimes so play mostly on ASCII, but switch back and forth a lot to see the new artwork - love it! Although I have stopped giving kids candy as I don't want them to lose anymore teeth than they already have.

Ok, this character I rolled is officially on crack. I am playing a Candle Troll Assassin (started with 12 Le - go literacy!), outlaw leader first kill (killed 20 so far due to a tension room - doh!), and has cleared UD,PC, VD, CoC:13. I have seen the following with him so far:

FOUR lesser vaults... hell maybe even five! I lost count (not counting PC guaranteed vault)
2 Pools
3 Shops (2 general, one figurine)
No artifacts or super cool normal gear but...
Entered DF top level (almost dying to that damn Steel Golem - I'm still using the starting club) and on the top level I see a Wand of Wishing that IDed for FIVE (!!!!) charges
Oh, and I got an AoLS in PC, and a Ring of Ice in one of the vaults

A few forges and altars here and there too - I think this char is well set up for an ultra ending despite being a troll. I am terrified of losing this guy now he is so amazing; what can I do with 5 wishes? I was thinking eternium two handers and red dragon scale mail for now, and save the remaining three - might need to summon me up some Molochs :)

grobblewobble
06-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes with five wishes an ultra shouldn't be too bad even with a troll.

Personally I'd be tempted to use one wish on phase daggers. Makes quick work of the steel golems, for starters.

Stingray1
06-12-2013, 03:34 PM
How much xp for lvl 30? Definitely, a decent chance with 6 wishes.

gosos
06-13-2013, 02:16 PM
how long does it take to win the game in terms of number of hours of real life committed.

Stingray1
06-13-2013, 02:52 PM
A rough guess from me. 900 to never. It took me about 5400 unspoiled.

_Ln_
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
A rough guess from me. 900 to never. It took me about 5400 unspoiled.

Took you 225 whole days to win a game of ADOM?

Stingray1
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
If my math is correct, average of 5 hours a day over 3 years.