PDA

View Full Version : Best item pre/suffix

Epythic
03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Reading another thread made me think about whats the best item pre/suffixes are.

For complete lists, see the Appendices of the Guidebook (http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html).

I like weapons with the "of penetration" suffix.

Arrows of slaying, of course :)

Macros
03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
For weapons, both penetration and devastation are very nice(but I prefer penetration). Also poisonous weapons are very good. For arrows, slaying is best of course, but arrows of darkness or thunder can be useful against tough opponents.

Sradac
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
oooh dont go there that guide book is out of date go here :

http://sweb.cz/adomgb/

it looks like its only available for download, but I love to have it for quick reference when I come across a something that wasnt mentioned. the improved guidebook has HUGE updates in it in certain sections notably character creation, food, dungeon features, and all of the appendices. Swift weapons are nice, + 5 speed can always help no matter what, and i like the of vampirism for evil characters. of the eagle is even nicer than swift though, that +pe can help with trap detection.

Macros
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
go here :

As such, it contains very spoily information obtained by means of analyzing executable code, rewriting game memory etc., which is against the wishes of game creator, Thomas Biskup.

'Nuff said.

Baranor
03-26-2008, 08:56 PM
The best is...

...OF HATE!!!!

Try beating the game with everyone hating you. Welcome to my world. :(

myrddin
03-26-2008, 11:53 PM
I'd have to say either:

Murderous.....of Penetration

OR

Wicked....of Penetration

Of course what I'd really like to find is a Muderous Phase Dagger of Mayhem :D - but I don't know if you can find phase daggers with prefixes or suffixes but I would think you could since they are not artifacts.

Zargen
03-27-2008, 05:56 AM
It seems everyone enjoys...penetration...*snickernsnortchuckle*

Macros
03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
but I don't know if you can find phase daggers with prefixes or suffixes but I would think you could

Actually I'm almost sure that it's not possible. Phase dagger isn't an artifact, but it's a special class item(like staff of power or quicksilver staff), which can't be generated with pre/suffixes(at least I've never founded one).

freekE
03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
which can't be generated with pre/suffixes(at least I've never founded one).
dip in potion of poison U got a temp prefix ;) Muderous Phase Dagger of Mayhem sounds a little bit to deadly:)

Epythic
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh and my favourite suffix is "of the Red Rooster"... :)

Macros
03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Muderous Phase Dagger of Mayhem sounds a little bit to deadly

Phase dagger of penetration would be funny:)

theotherhiveking
03-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Fast clock of slowness.

=D

Sami
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
wicked eternium two-handed sword of devastation (default (+18, 10d8+24) [-1, +0]). :)
Generally all weapons of devastation are nice, especially in early-mid game.

Starhawk
03-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Have you had any luck wishing for pre/suffixes? Seems like whenever I try to get specific, I get a big heap of general items instead.

Macros
03-29-2008, 01:53 PM
You can't wish for items with pre/suffix(there is small chance that item will be generated with pre/suffix, but it will be random). Otherwise, everyone would wish for wicked eternium two handed swords of devastation:)

habanero
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I've had one "eternium two-handed sword of penetration" drop in a greater vault. Emperor Moloch sure got his ass penetrated good that time! :D

someone7
05-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Actually I'm almost sure that it's not possible. Phase dagger isn't an artifact, but it's a special class item(like staff of power or quicksilver staff), which can't be generated with pre/suffixes(at least I've never founded one).

I've found a Sword of Sharpness of hunting before, so yeah, these items can have prefixes and suffixes.

Silfir
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Was that a previous version, perchance?

someone7
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Was that a previous version, perchance?

Linux version 1.1.1. I was save-scumming and repeatedly wishing for swords of sharpness before entering the Quickling Tree. I also got other types of swords of sharpness, though I only clearly recall the one with the suffix of hunting.

Nezur
05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Linux version 1.1.1. I was save-scumming and repeatedly wishing for swords of sharpness before entering the Quickling Tree. I also got other types of swords of sharpness, though I only clearly recall the one with the suffix of hunting.

:confused:

Wow. That might be a bug of some sort.

I need to investigate the matter.

Elone
05-03-2008, 03:21 AM
My current sword is a murderous eternium scimitar of devastation (+12, 6d8+18) [19s] and my twohanded sword of choice is an eternium zweihander, uhh, Wicked, Devastation, stats are (+16, 10d8+24) [-1, +0] so yeah.

I remember having a wicked eternium scimitar of devastation (+12, 6d11+18), it's similart to ToTRR in stats, and I promised myself to bump its to-hit to the proper 36.

In my good old times I had 2 winged boomerangs of slaying that stacked. Winged prefix should give 3x range, but it somehow bumps my range from 14-16 to 90.

Grey
05-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I've found a Sword of Sharpness of hunting before, so yeah, these items can have prefixes and suffixes.

How very odd! Not heard of that before. There are many items that cannot have such prefixes and suffixes though - phase daggers I'm fairly sure are one of them (along with the likes of whips of slaughtering and quicksilver quarterstaffs).