PDA

View Full Version : Piety/precrown/crown question

cobaltofdoom
07-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Running 1.2 pre14. Got first pre crown and been saccing creatures.

Been keeping just off neutral with either killing non hostile mobs or using an amulet of order
but I keep getting dif msgs? First it was the usual You feel very close to blah blah that you
always get after the first pre crown but it now seems to be stuck on Balance favours you.

I tried to grab a crowning when I was pure neutral but nothing happened even after a bunch of
sacrifice.

Does using an amulet of order or killing non hostile mobs do something?
What are the ways you can block yourself from crowning?
Just some general questions ta :)

cobaltofdoom
07-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Ok now I've dropped down from Favours you, to Very close.
No idea why, just saccing more with an amulet of order to stay off perfect neutral

KyoShinda
07-29-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm new to this stuff but I dumped 91k on the altar at N- and got crowned, probably a very inefficient way though.

cobaltofdoom
07-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Good way if you got the cash. I'm trying for an ultra ending though so getting some pre crown while neutral. Will have to dip back to C before coming back though for Crown... ugh... Can never seem to make a 2nd pre crown actually work

Stingray1
07-29-2013, 07:53 AM
After 'favours you', 'greatly favours you' comes. After 'greatly favours' comes 'absolutely' or 'extremely' close depending on eligibility for either crown or pre/post-crown. If none of these are possible it won't go above 'greatly favours'. Experience level and artifacts generated being the determining factors.

Disclaimer:
All the above IIRC. In my experiences.

JellySlayer
07-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Running 1.2 pre14. Got first pre crown and been saccing creatures.

Been keeping just off neutral with either killing non hostile mobs or using an amulet of order
but I keep getting dif msgs? First it was the usual You feel very close to blah blah that you
always get after the first pre crown but it now seems to be stuck on Balance favours you.

I tried to grab a crowning when I was pure neutral but nothing happened even after a bunch of
sacrifice.

Does using an amulet of order or killing non hostile mobs do something?
What are the ways you can block yourself from crowning?
Just some general questions ta :)

It was felt that the space between "very close" and "extremely/absolutely close" was too broad. Two new piety levels, "X favours you" and "X greatly favours you" were put in place between "very close" and the crowning levels. AFAIK, there are no new effects generated at either of these levels, they're just signposts to make it easier to keep track of your piety.

[edit]Here's the RFE (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1490).

asdf
07-29-2013, 02:14 PM
It was felt that the space between "very close" and "extremely/absolutely close" was too broad. Two new piety levels, "X favours you" and "X greatly favours you" were put in place between "very close" and the crowning levels. AFAIK, there are no new effects generated at either of these levels, they're just signposts to make it easier to keep track of your piety.
They also use flat offsets and not very useful with 2nd/3rd pre/postcrown. Perfectly fine with initial (pre)crowning (15k, 19k, 26k, 30k) - not so good with next one - (15k, 69k, 76k, 80k). Almost not noticeable with 3rd precrown, but hey, who does this. Maybe if you got lawful altar one tile away from Big Room entrance. Maybe.

Stingray1
07-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Why lawful, ChAoS is best.

P.S. Now that you guys mention it, is it 'favours' or 'favors'?

I know the americans spell most words without the 'u'. I think most all of ADOM uses american spelling.

Sorry for derail.

asdf
07-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Why lawful, ChAoS is best.
after several hundreds <> onto Big Room you are bound to accidentally step on this wonderful alta....