PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 #14 Start up slows down?

cobaltofdoom
08-05-2013, 08:14 AM
I've been running it for a while and the longer I play it the long it seems to boot the game. Bit strange.
It was happening and I deleted all the main file besides the exe and when
I "re installed" everything by using the exe it was quick again.

I'd rather not do that since it means having to die 100 more times for the bug temple.

Anyone else have this issue? come up with a solution?

cobaltofdoom
08-05-2013, 08:28 AM
timed it.
Its gone from basically instant after clicking the short cut to 20 seconds to load the main screen.

jt
08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
It's a known issue (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2158) and will be fixed in Prerelease 15.

cobaltofdoom
08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks alot!

KyoShinda
08-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Remove the HIGHSCORE file and it will be fast again(that will also cause other things(not being able to access bug temple and not being able to see those high scores for the time being) but if you'd rather have a fast game..).

It starts to freeze at about 30-50 high score entries and gets slower the closer it gets to 100. It will of course fill up again so if you want it fast keep removing it.

JellySlayer
08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Remove the HIGHSCORE file and it will be fast again(that will also cause other things(not being able to access bug temple and not being able to see those high scores for the time being) but if you'd rather have a fast game..).

It starts to freeze at about 30-50 high score entries and gets slower the closer it gets to 100. It will of course fill up again so if you want it fast keep removing it.

FYI, the highscore does not affect Bug Temple access. There's a separate file called adom.cnt that tracks this. You can edit this file in a text editor to get immediate access if you need to...

KyoShinda
08-05-2013, 08:59 PM
FYI, the highscore does not affect Bug Temple access. There's a separate file called adom.cnt that tracks this. You can edit this file in a text editor to get immediate access if you need to...The last couple times I checked that file it had 'U' and other things, or does it only do that after the first 100 and goes through letters or something? That's why I was afraid to mess with it. lol

JellySlayer
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
The last couple times I checked that file it had 'U' and other things, or does it only do that after the first 100 and goes through letters or something? That's why I was afraid to mess with it. lol

In ASCII, each letter is assigned a particular numeric value. A U would correspond to 85, for example. See an ASCII table (http://www.asciitable.com/). In practice, I think you can just replace whatever is in there with four spaces or something and it will work fine.

Frankie
08-05-2013, 10:55 PM
the temple's requirement of 100 recorded deaths was completely removed in 1.2
pretty sure of that, correct me if i'm wrong

jt
08-05-2013, 11:17 PM
The required number of deaths was temporarily reduced to 5 for the Prereleases, see issue 1258 (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1258).