PDA

View Full Version : Justifier in Darkforge: Anyone seen that? 1.2

cobaltofdoom
08-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Questions in the title basically!

Silfir
08-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Artifacts in Darkforge are not that uncommon. Justifier used to belong to a pool of crowning-only artifacts, but in the 1.2.0 prereleases the oversight that led to a number of artifacts not being available randomly was fixed. Thus, Justifier in Darkforge is now possible. Before, it wasn't that rare to find Executor or Serpent's Bite or Wyrmlance. Unfortunately, unless you are a paladin, the damage of Justifier will leave something to be desired, since its halved for non-paladins. If you are a paladin, you will never want to use anything else, because its damage is doubled.

cobaltofdoom
08-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Ta! Got swindled with Trusted One on a crowning. Cross my fingers for a touch of luck in DF.

anon123
08-07-2013, 01:07 PM
In one of the first prereleases, I had Justifier drop randomly in the underground level of the dwarven graveyard. Would have been deliciously ironic if I had been playing a Paladin.

PS: Trusted One is a decent sword. The damage could be slightly better, but it gives +7 to DV and PV and you get almost every resistance in the game, so no need to swap amulets if you find a mimic or gorgon, switch to the AMW for the Mana Temple, etc. Of course, most pallies will want to get crowned with that iconic, devastating weapon you seek ;)

Silfir
08-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Trusted One is amazing as long as you don't want to actually kill anything important with it!

Harwin
08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Artifacts in Darkforge are not that uncommon. Justifier used to belong to a pool of crowning-only artifacts, but in the 1.2.0 prereleases the oversight that led to a number of artifacts not being available randomly was fixed. Thus, Justifier in Darkforge is now possible. Before, it wasn't that rare to find Executor or Serpent's Bite or Wyrmlance. Unfortunately, unless you are a paladin, the damage of Justifier will leave something to be desired, since its halved for non-paladins. If you are a paladin, you will never want to use anything else, because its damage is doubled.

So Justifier does 4x as much damage for paladins as non-paladins?

Silfir
08-07-2013, 11:28 PM
That would be the math, yes.

Harwin
08-08-2013, 12:40 AM
That would be the math, yes.

Just making sure I wasn't misunderstanding. Good to know, thanks.