PDA

View Full Version : what happened here?

tipo mastr
08-24-2013, 01:51 AM
You kick the door but it does not budge at all. You hear a thundering
explosion!
Kick something. Which direction [789456123, Z = ABORT]?
You kick the door but it does not budge.
Kick something. Which direction [789456123, Z = ABORT]?
You shatter the door with a mighty kick!

gut
08-24-2013, 02:03 AM
you kicked a booby trap door in the dark

tipo mastr
08-24-2013, 02:16 AM
you kicked a booby trap door in the dark

i wasnt in the dark. maybe a monster from the other side tried to open the door and triggered an exploding runes trap?

anon123
08-24-2013, 02:51 AM
i wasnt in the dark. maybe a monster from the other side tried to open the door and triggered an exploding runes trap?

I think this is it, except that thundering explosions are fireball traps (either doors or regular ones) as far as I remember.

The message when you do this in the dark was something like "You're suddenly standing on the center of a large explosion".

Stingray1
08-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Yeah, a monster triggered a fire trap.

tipo mastr
08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm curious though....what's the range of this fireball? if it's centered around the door, this wouldn't really make much sense...

it was basically like this: @+g

with the g being some monster. I seem to remember door fireballs having a radius of 2 (as if 32 Wi), but maybe it is only on one side of the door? I took no damage.

i know it's just semantics, but im curious :)

Stingray1
08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Then it was not a trap on that door.

tipo mastr
08-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Then it was not a trap on that door.

then why/how did the door become unarmed? confusing...

Stingray1
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
As you said, from my experience fireball traps on doors cover a circular area around the door. So either the monster on the other side set off the trap and it was not a fireball trap and another monster set of a fireball somewhere else on the level on the same turn or if a monster sets off a fireball trap on a door the explosion is not circular.

It is confusing.

Which version was this in, I want to run a test?

tipo mastr
08-29-2013, 01:31 AM
As you said, from my experience fireball traps on doors cover a circular area around the door. So either the monster on the other side set off the trap and it was not a fireball trap and another monster set of a fireball somewhere else on the level on the same turn or if a monster sets off a fireball trap on a door the explosion is not circular.

It is confusing.

Which version was this in, I want to run a test?

1.2.0p5 (running with sage on the us ancardia server, if that helps)

_Ln_
08-29-2013, 10:32 AM
then why/how did the door become unarmed? confusing...

Who said the door your PC kicked was trapped in the first place?

tipo mastr
08-29-2013, 06:04 PM
...the game! haha

"You kick the door but it does not budge at all."

_Ln_
08-29-2013, 06:52 PM
...the game! haha

"You kick the door but it does not budge at all."

Heh, checked the GB and learned that the messages are different.
Hmm, you kicked the door without setting the trap. At the same time someone on the other side of the door triggered the trap. The trap is not a fire rune (which creates a fireball), but an exploding rune that deals direct damage to the one who triggered without any fireball.

EDIT: ok, checked the thread, checked some info and explosive runes probably cause "a distant "*Kaboom!*". Gotta go with Stingray then, although the perfect timing is quite astounding.