PDA

View Full Version : Second precrowning in ADOM 1.2

kordi82
08-24-2013, 11:02 PM
So I did it - without stomafillia. This was my first and last time.

This was a Lawful altar on standard level (no extra monster generation or anything).
For all those interested it takes around 400 monsters to sacrifice to get it done (not sure how accurate I am right now as I lost count). It takes around 15 days in terms of "game time". You will also waste an hour of your life struggling with, spiders, jackals, breeders and cats... All of this to get - black tome LoL ;).

KyoShinda
08-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I just did this for the first time too (although, I've only gotten pre-crowned once before this). There was an altar before dwarftown and it took me about 6 days, I do have blessed seven leagues however.

kordi82
08-25-2013, 06:17 AM
I just did this for the first time too (although, I've only gotten pre-crowned once before this). There was an altar before dwarftown and it took me about 6 days, I do have blessed seven leagues however.

The FIRST precrowning or the SECOND one? From what you are saying, you did first precrown. 6 days is definitely too fast from my experience... and SLB do not give you any bonus while waiting for monsters to generate as far as I know.

KyoShinda
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
The FIRST precrowning or the SECOND one? From what you are saying, you did first precrown. 6 days is definitely too fast from my experience... and SLB do not give you any bonus while waiting for monsters to generate as far as I know.That was for both, and most of the waiting time was to drag mobs with me and wait for them to catch up. I wasn't doomed or cursed so it was annoying waiting for mob spawns but I don't see how it could take more than several days. I was with neutral so I still had to pick and choose which mobs I needed to drag.

One thing that did help was that I dug tunnels between all rooms, had the controlled tp instrinsic, had a tp trap near the altar and teleportitis, so I would bounce around the map a lot and drag mobs over. I didn't do anything in between, it was all sacrificing, I had a huge stack of lizards and was ready to go. Near the end I also went from favours to extremely close by sacrificing gold, but that was only on the second time.

Stingray1
08-25-2013, 04:44 PM
That reminds me of the one time I dug out an entire altar level just above dwarftown, selling gems and ore, growing sis and live saccing all at the same time.
Using time efficiently as it were.:cool:

KyoShinda
08-25-2013, 04:51 PM
That reminds me of the one time I dug out an entire altar level just above dwarftown, selling gems and ore, growing sis and live saccing all at the same time.
Using time efficiently as it were.:cool:I've never thought of selling ore, that's a good idea. lol

Also, after the first pre-crown one live sacrifice seemed to jump me from pleased to spiritually invincible, which I thought was really strange. Then after second pre-crown I sacrificed another mob and it was already at very close to diety. Does that mean pre-crowns take a lot to get to but don't detract that much piety afterwards?

asdf
08-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Fun fact: you could get 3 precrowns if altar generated in PC:5 or one level before/after(if not SI) the Big Room in the stairs room. Altar needs to be converted to lawful, though. Neutral cant sacrifice half of the monsters and with chaotic altar your chance to accidentally stand on it is very big.

gym21
08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
The second precrowning doesn't actually require 'extremely close' (nor does a crowning require 'absolutely close' if you've been precrowned). For some reason the piety messages don't tend to correspond with actual piety status after a precrown, which makes everything really confusing and is probably a bug.

Stingray1
08-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes, I've also noticed this. We should report it, as TB will possibly start bugfixing from next month.

KyoShinda
08-25-2013, 09:02 PM
The second precrowning doesn't actually require 'extremely close' (nor does a crowning require 'absolutely close' if you've been precrowned). For some reason the piety messages don't tend to correspond with actual piety status after a precrown, which makes everything really confusing and is probably a bug.That explains a lot. I was stuck on 'very close' for like a million years. lol

Stingray1
08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I assume you were playing a mist elf.

anon123
08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1353

Stingray1
08-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Doh, TB says he can't find a bug.

gosos
08-30-2013, 05:00 PM
what is the point of pre-crowning twice? you can crown at a lower level than a pre-crown anyway. is this because you are lawful and its too hard to maintain your alignment? I like to crown and post crown once early. the crown from start to do it usually takes me about 2 hours total. this inclues a bunch of fighting and such. i never counted the mobs. I do also sac gold to speed it up.

JellySlayer
08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
what is the point of pre-crowning twice? you can crown at a lower level than a pre-crown anyway. is this because you are lawful and its too hard to maintain your alignment? I like to crown and post crown once early. the crown from start to do it usually takes me about 2 hours total. this inclues a bunch of fighting and such. i never counted the mobs. I do also sac gold to speed it up.

Crowning isn't level dependent.