PDA

View Full Version : Small victories make you feel great in this game.

Eric-the-red
09-23-2013, 01:01 AM
I just beat the tower of eternal flames for the first time ever. I'm feeling so great right now. It's with the same drakeling beastfighter I asked for wish help on on this forum. I have to take a break before I do something stupid like die, but I'm just so happy I had to tell somebody.

The ACW was easy for the most part. I imagined a nightmare and he probably would have been if I was anymore unlucky. All I did was melee him to death, healing occasionally with either prayer or the water orb. I only have three corruptions so far (12 eyes, sulphur breath, and unholy aura). I have a ton of SoCR stockpiled in the ogre den.

Really, the only reason I survived, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, is my unfair regeneration rate (it kept my hp at a steady level through the entirety of the tower.)

Two down!

Mobius
09-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Unholy Aura can ruin Dwarftown / etc. Be careful

Eric-the-red
09-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up. That's the kind of stupid thing I'm talking about.

anon123
09-23-2013, 01:27 AM
Wait until you get to D:50 for the first time :) That felt awesome the first time I made it, even despite having read a lot of spoilers.

Eric-the-red
09-23-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm not denying that I'm spoiled on this game either :D. I'm trying really hard not to scum, though. The regen rate kind of came to be through being a race with a really high one, being born under candle, 100 healing, and eating a ton of troll corpses.