PDA

View Full Version : YASD: Level 50 HElf Priest

Sadface
06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
The dumbest death so far. The ultimate revenge of the RNG.
The cause? Playing an unstable version.
Went back to dwarftown after clearing D:50 and exploding the
levers to fetch my last 2 SoCRs to get a good ending. Well, I guess
that was a bad idea. For some unfathomable reason, the game simply
stopped. I was alone on the level, no ingots on it either, all of a
sudden it just crashes. D:8, right above dwarftown. I've been
there several times, running herbs down to sac for piety. A wand
shop was there, too.

After having lost this character, it really killed my desire to play
again...perhaps I'll try the server, or ver. 1.0.0.

Moeba
06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I got a crash like that too twice, that's why I always copy a backup save even though I don't like save-scumming. Also a reason is that I used to play on a PC which had a 25% chance each day to crash 'some' times :P
The source of this crash might also be in your computer, not necessarily in ADOM. Both my crashes were on that crappy computer and I didn't have any on this one.

Just count it as a win, that the game doesn't count it as one doesn't really matter. Make a thread about your character in the YAVP if you'd like to, no point in giving crashes influence ;)

phauli
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I got a crash like that too twice, that's why I always copy a backup save even though I don't like save-scumming. Also a reason is that I used to play on a PC which had a 25% chance each day to crash 'some' times :P

I had a problem like that (except it had a 100% chance of crashing some ten times a day :)) with my computer until i did a ton of changes in bios. I didn't post my first win for that reason but my current character is going for it hard :)

Epythic
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
The source of this crash might also be in your computer, not necessarily in ADOM. Both my crashes were on that crappy computer and I didn't have any on this one.

Me smells windows users. : P

Sadface
06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Indeed, though this was the first time I actually got a crash out
of seemingly nowhere. Earlier crashes were caused by the usual
"skilled" pick, that's about it. I'd been thinking about switching
over to some distribution of linux before, having two(!) friends
that prefer it to windows...it just never caught on, I guess, like
vista (I'm still using XP :B)

ZiggyMcjoney
06-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I've had atleast three, maybe more crashes in the past three months. No skilled talents or anything. It can be really disheartening sometimes. Just take it as a win anyway, though. Highscore doesnt matter :P