PDA

View Full Version : How to use teleport control?

snakesoul
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
This is my second day playing ADOM so I'm a bit lost...

I was in a cave when I found a blink dog. I looked up in the wiki and I read it's corpse will make me able to teleport! So I got the corpse (two) and ate them all. Now... How can I teleport? In spells menu (Z) I see nothing.

And another question, Can I loose the teleport ability?

Thanks!

Stingray1
11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Teleport control means that as soon as you teleport you can choose where to on the map. It doesn't make you teleport or able to.

If you don't have teleport control and teleport you will teleport to a random position on the map.

You need to learn the teleportation spell first. There are also other means, but I will not spoil you. You can lose the control, but it is not something that happens often to a new player.

Adom is a really fun experience to play unspoiled, I recommend doing it that way with all of my soul. You will not be disappointed.

Reading spoilers will let you miss out on most of the fun of learning/discovering and experiencing new things and places in the game. It will also make you a little smarter if you don't.

snakesoul
11-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Teleport control means that as soon as you teleport you can choose where to on the map. It doesn't make you teleport or able to.

If you don't have teleport control and teleport you will teleport to a random position on the map.

You need to learn the teleportation spell first. There are also other means, but I will not spoil you. You can lose the control, but it is not something that happens often to a new player.

Adom is a really fun experience to play unspoiled, I recommend doing it that way with all of my soul. You will not be disappointed.

Reading spoilers will let you miss out on most of the fun of learning/discovering and experiencing new things and places in the game. It will also make you a little smarter.

ohhh thanks, so if I activate a teleport trap, Will I choose where to?

Stingray1
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Yep. Be careful though if it is an impossible(wall, etc.) position the teleport will still be random.