PDA

View Full Version : Greater Greater Identify

Tsuma534
11-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure whether I can or should post this as an issue, so I'll try here.

I was interested which of the new artifacts were proposed by supporters from the indiegogo campaign, and I came up with an idea: I think it would be nice if Greater Identify had revealed this information.
"This item was designed by name_goes_here for supporting "Resurrect ADOM development" campaign."

I suppose not everyone would like to see such meta-information so it's visibility could be managed by a configuration option.

The unique boss monsters could also show information who designed them, upon checking their description with 'l'ook command. Or alternatively with monster memory, only after defeating them.

anon123
11-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I like the first one, although the wording could be a little more ambiguous. "This artifact is said/rumored to have been designed by -name- during the resurrection of Ancardia" or something similar. It could replace the "It is an artifact" line for those.

Not sure about bosses. They already have a big spotlight with the special purple color, message upon meeting and description. Also, remember there's going to be a Tome of Donors as an in-game item.

Blasphemous
11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Similarly to statues in the Bug Temple, names could be anagrams of their designers' names and descriptions likewise lore-friendly.

"Rumor has it that the brave and mighty hero, Lyjel Rayles, equipped for his adventures only with a stone spear, created this *foo* to further enhance his ability to slay nasty jellies."

Tsuma534
11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
"This artifact is said/rumored to have been designed by -name- during the resurrection of Ancardia" This sounds nice although I'm not fond of "said/rumored" part. And the anagrams too. I really wouldn't like the ambiquity. Anagrams can be nice if there is a way to verify those.
I don't know how Tome of Donors is supposed to work, if it lists the actual names then anagrams elsewhere are fine. I would just like to know who designed what. That's a nice form of immortality in my opinion. Years later someone finds the artifact and thinks "Cool idea. That John Doe was a clever person."