PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Knights and crowning

_Ln_
12-07-2013, 07:19 PM
So, yesterday I was crowned with Hammerhead as a chaotic Chaos Knight. This was a huge disappointment from both gameplay and roleplay points of view.

I almost went to post and RFE to remove them at least to chaotics (this is not so easy I guess, since crowning gifts are decided upon creation) before realizing that the issue is more deep.
Suppose you convert to neutrality/lawfulness with Chaos Knight. Formally you no longer serve Andor Drakon. How can you be crowned then with Chaos Knights regalia items? Armor and helmet make absolutely zero sense (boots and maul are somewhat ok I guess).

What do you guys think about all of this?

There are tons of ideas to make converting for Chaos Knights more redundant to make the player do a fully chaotic run (absolutely fair point, I've only won with a neutral CK so far and it was kinda strange). Until we get a full-blown redemption quest, I'd disallow crowning with neutral/lawful CKs

Alternatively, crowning will remaining possible, but instead of a standard pool of artifacts you'll get a new artifact trinket (amulet) which will serve as a reminder of your past mistakes and show that you'll have to do even more to be accepted by your deity.

Stingray1
12-07-2013, 07:51 PM
I agree, they should definitely not receive chaos knight regalia. As those are only fitting, well, for chaos knights and not abominable sissies afraid to slay children.

SirTheta
12-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't know - I don't this will stop anyone from crowning a chaos knight. It's very easy to switch alignments as long as you have two altars of different alignment.

Stingray1
12-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't know - I don't this will stop anyone from crowning a chaos knight. It's very easy to switch alignments as long as you have two altars of different alignment.

Yes, but not if sacrifices gets changed to not affect alignment and falling from C kills the CK.