PDA

View Full Version : Is Lust for Glory good for a spellcaster?

Raray
12-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Exactly what the title says. My other option for a shield is a tower crystal shield, [+13, +7]. Is it a good idea to use Lust for Glory for its Willpower boost and useful resistances, or use the tower shield for the greater DV and PV? The Wi bonus in this case does not push me over a "spell radius" limit. Of course, Lust for Glory is the obvious choice for its resistances when they're needed, but what about in cases where they're not?

Singbird
12-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Well if the resistances are useful to you, then yes. If more DV and PV is more useful, then use the other one. Really, no one can answer this for you. Personally I'd only use Lust for Glory over the tower crystal in specific situations, but then you don't know how I play my spellcasters and I don't know how you play yours. You never know when a ring is going to jump out and paralyze you, though, so if you're paranoid...

Edit. It's an awesome shield in my opinion, make no mistake. Just not for everyday use for me.

Stingray1
12-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Just keep both and swap out as needed I always keep all my Wi boosting items for spellcasting. Wi increases more than just radius of ball spells.

anon123
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I concur with Stingray. The DV in Lust for Glory is just too low to make it good as a shield, and the Wi bonus is hardly great. I'd keep the crystal one and only swap if you see a gorgon, emperor lich or brightly colored items lying around.