PDA

View Full Version : The Maze - Read this o' great Creator!

Sradac
03-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Was reading a bit on the minotaur maze in the guidebook as I have never really bothered with it, and here is a good reason why taken right outa andy's guide book:
"Note the weight of the artifact axe. (1200s!) The weight of the artifact, combined with the extraordinary difficulty of the mazes, makes most players completely ignore this location. It is in no way necessary to complete the game. This dungeon is one that may (hopefully?) be substantially revised in future versions of ADOM."

Any chance of it getting revised Mr Creator?

Macros
03-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Personaly if I'm able to do it, I'm going there. This place isn't easy(unless you have lot of scrolls of magic mapping, or you're wizard with "magic map" spell), but if your char is strong enough, and have some proper equipment, it's worth to do it. Few reasons why:

1.Personal satisfaction from completing difficult task:)
2.Axe of minotaur emperor is actually quite good weapon(high damage and increased chances on critical hits)
3.Potion of strength(rare item, and here it's guaranted)
4.Two potions of cure corruption(or one PoCC and two PoS - don't remember exactly) - same as above
5.Minotaur emperor corpse which can be exchanged to another PoCC.
6.Nice registry in .flg file("he defeated emperor of ancient minotaur race").

Sradac
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
just wish there ewas a bit more too it...ooh maybe put the ruined city in JADE and get a quest to rebuild the city and become the mayor!

Epythic
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
and become the mayor!

That would lead to all sorts of problems. You know these "other" games, where at the end you are leader of guilds x, y and z.

People start greeting you with "heh leader of guild x, y and z", yet they give you "go-to-foobar-and-buy-me-an-apple"-quests.

I personally think the PC should not be able to become a mayor anywhere. Else every NPC should be able to become mayor too.

Just my 2 cents, comments?

Worst Player... ever
03-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Every NPC won't be as powerful as the PC is. Those that are should certainly be able to become mayors or guildmasters, and be able to challenge you for those titles should you have them.

I'm picturing JADE as being more dynamic than Morrowind. If you become the head of a guild or mayor in JADE, there would be NPC's who would try and take that from you. You'd have tasks that correspond to being a leader, part of which involves managing NPCs. And if you become the Mayor of towns X,Y, and Z then you're gonna collect a whole range of other problems with all that attention - especially if you got to that position by force. Maintaining that empire would take all of your time. Plus you're aging and all of that.

Though I honestly don't know what to expect... I don't know if any game is capable of a completely changing and interactive world yet. I don't want to have unrealistic expectations.

To answer the original poster, it is at least a guaranteed artifact... you can always sell it or sac it. In a similar vein, The Phial of Caladriel is the most useless artifact known to man, but I always pick that up at some point.

rmcin329
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
The Phial of Caladriel is the most useless artifact known to man, but I always pick that up at some point.

Its great fodder for the demeneted ratling, if you're after an ultra ending.

Baranor
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Phial of Caladriel is totally ratling bait!

NMBLNG
03-28-2008, 03:00 AM
How well does using the Phial train mana? It's good for those classes that might have a hard time finding spell books or casting.