PDA

View Full Version : Spear like trapped door to the trap room

littlebrather
12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
My HE duelist found this on D:3
p 1.20, I'm afraid the ADOM data directory wasn't purged since previous realize.
It was a weapon lying on the floor by the end of the corridor, so I decided it was a dark room, but suddenly The [Y/n] dialog of door opening appears.

A spear (weight 40s) is lying there. //look command
Do you want to open the door? [Y/n] //when trying to step over
And yeah, that was a trapped room. Shudder command upon entering the lvl, fireball trap right next to the door.
It was a spear, definitely, since after activating the door trap I managed to pick it up.
Sorry if I've already late, do not know is it a bug or smth.

Stingray1
12-17-2013, 08:05 AM
This almost sounds similar to those dungeon creation bugs with shops, that sometimes have part of the shop outside the shop. Only this time it was a trap room and a darkroom. Must be very rare.

I almost feel that this bug is much more common than we realize, most rooms are not special. So we don't notice.

littlebrather
12-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Sorry for my simple english.
I was wrong supposing this room to be a dark room, since I've seen no door and no floor too — no room pass the lying weapon.
pretty like that:

#
#####
(...@
#####
#
#

But it was a trap room just spear lying on the door square.

Stingray1
12-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Ok, no. I re-read your original post and you clearly said there that a spear was lying on a closed door. The first time around I read it wrong, in that I thought there was also a spear trap outside the door and all was in darkness. My apologies I should learn to stop speedreading when not playing. :)

I do remember a similar bug report, I will search for it later and link it here.

anon123
12-17-2013, 12:09 PM
I also remember a bug report about something similar or identical to this, but couldn't find it. If it ever happens again, you should make a backup to attach in the issue tracker.

Stingray1
12-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Here is the report: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2207