PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is the right place for tech support but...

Ozma777
12-20-2013, 12:02 PM
I was hacking away last night on ADOM 1.1.1 (not sage version) and I went to hack away today and got an unhandled exception window with close (terminate program) and ignore (repop the same message) only thing I can do is hit close.

I have windows xp SP3, and I didn't change or install anything, auto-updates turned off.

So after trying some things (restore backedup zipped folder, deleting config and restoring original unedited config, run as administrator, run as my user checkmark for protect my computer unchecked, and also run in mode win95/98/xp etc) it still doesn't work.

Also I just disabled restore points so I have no restore points to go back to.

So the only fix I was able to do is install adom-sage and now I can (after copying them over) play the characters I was playing.

Only problem is...
I used to alt-tab to get full screen and now when I alt-tab to get full screen it goes full screen BUT 1/6th of the screen shifts to the left (not visible). Is there any way to make it go full screen without shifting the graphics?

Ozma777
12-20-2013, 01:03 PM
WOW so (after playing it 5 times in a row with no problems) NOW I get a fatal error couldn't delete 'adom_tdl01_0' [CUS] when I try and restore a game I was just playing. WTF is going on with ADOM murdering itself?

Saracen
12-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Reinstall windows...

Ozma777
12-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Reinstall windows...

lol I figured out the second post of my problem and a solution to the first post of mine too.....a workaround to be sure but ....

I installed adom-sage and all (actually most of) my characters have been 80x50 and the message displayed was the standard can't delete blah blah blah etc (wrong window config for this save file) error message.

I got this long before but temporarily forgot issue and thus the fix. If you have changed the windows properties from 80x25 (I believe) to 80x50 and then try and restore the character on another copy that is at the default 80x25 it will error out with that message.

adom sage however....shifting the graphics 1/6th of the way off the screen I fixed by starting sage and IMMEDIATELY alt-tab BEFORE the "restore, postcard quest, generate new, etc" screen. (at the splash screen) restore a character, save and exit and sage automatically readjusted itself permanently. Yay Problem Solved!

btw installing a different operating system is a good idea.