PDA

View Full Version : Question about the cold blood corruption and D:50

paivi
12-22-2013, 09:10 PM
I was going to post a bug report, but I thought maybe I'd ask here first, just in case this is actually a feature.

Is the freezingly cold blood corruption meant to have a permanent slow down effect in D:50? Had a mist elven wizard who got the corruption from a balor, and her speed dropped from 114 to 10 and never recovered, not even with an effort to warm up by offensive alchemy. This is AFAIK the same effect as in having the corruption in D:49. No amount of waiting seemed to affect the speed.

Once I got rid of the corruption, speed returned to normal.

So, a bug? I never realised it's so cold in D:50. Come to think of it, I've never won with a drakeling so do they suffer speed damage down there as well?

Stingray1
12-22-2013, 10:19 PM
That sounds buggy. Then again, I don't recall having a Mist Elf with that corruption. Maybe they need to be warm blooded.

I did have a Hurthling down there with the corruption and her speed was fine.

SirTheta
12-23-2013, 05:45 AM
D:50 itself is not chilly, so getting the corruption there should have no effect if you aren't chilled by some other source. Sounds very fishy to me.

Orfeni
12-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Speed used to return to its normal values after ~3 turns for my dwarven paly character with that corruption. Do mist elves even have blood? :P arent they...well... mist? ;)

Technically they should become rime elves after D:49 <ba dum pshh!>