PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story About Khelavaster

Superteeth
01-05-2014, 03:43 AM
I have a funny story to tell you about my brother's game as a gnomish monk. He spent 94 days in the game looking for an amulet of life saving or a ring of djinni summoning because he really wanted to save Khelavaster. I was telling him to just go on, since he was not going for an ultra anyways. He drained all the pools in Darkforge (there were only 4), all the pools he had found in many different levels, killed 750+ animated trees, scummed the big cave and the Tomb of the High Kings (and picked many pockets), and even took the risk of digging up all the great treasure graves in the Dwarven Graveyard and the CoC graveyard. He still did not find what he needed to save Khelavaster.

However, he happened to reach floor 21 and luckily found a pool. He started drinking from it carefully, and he finally got a wish. He was so happy that he pooped his pants. He wished for an amulet of life saving, and dipped it in holy water right away to decrease it's chances of being destroyed. He continued to descend so that he could give the amulet to Khelavaster. He reached the banshee floor, and started to wonder where the heck Khelavaster was, since neither he nor I remember him being so far down.

This is the point where he tried to remember if he had ever met Khelavaster at all. Neither I nor he remembered seeing him, and it was odd that he had gotten to the Water Temple without seeing him. This was the point that he checked the guidebook to find that Khelavaster was supposed to be on D:16. However, he had never seen him for some reason. He went back to floor 16 to look for him, only to find that the room with the stairs down to 17 was dark. I told him to check his monster memory for dying sage, and there he was, worth 167 experience points. I told him to look at his kills list, and there he was, 1 dying sage. He had searched for 90+ days, only to had previously splattered him in a dark room. He said "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!". Well, might as well equip it.

Has anyone ever had such a silly thing happen to them before?

JellySlayer
01-05-2014, 04:00 AM
You didn't notice the army of Chaos Servants around him?

Superteeth
01-05-2014, 04:04 AM
The room was completely enclosed, with a door at each entrance, so the whole room was dark. He does not even remember having killed the chaos servants, either.

LFk
01-05-2014, 08:32 AM
"Funny, the monsters I just killed in this dark room dropped an eternium dagger, a wand of digging, a robe, and a potion of invisibility."

Or does he not drop these things if you kill him? I don't know. Never did anything 'cept save or talk.

Superteeth
01-05-2014, 09:30 AM
I am not sure about that, I would have to ask him. My best guess would be that he doesn't, or else my brother may have noticed.

_Ln_
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
He doesn't leave them if killed IIRC (did it with a pet once).

TDau
01-06-2014, 04:25 AM
I usually don't manage to save Khelavaster, so one time, when I got an AoLS from pool-sipping, I was taken aback by the huge lawful boost, which brought me from C to N+. To convert back to C, I lured some dwarven children in the Ogre Cave; the second one I kill, guess what he dropped. Yes, an AoLS!
Bottom line: dwarves are wealthy enough to gift their toddlers with an ultra-rare amulet, but apparently cannot teach them to wear it correctly.

StViers
01-06-2014, 04:47 AM
He was probably waiting to get strong enough to ID it through Thrundarr's 1st quest, and then go save Khelly himself. You heartless monster!