PDA

View Full Version : The Non-Chaotic ChAoS KnIgHt Support Group

Iridia
01-09-2014, 02:35 AM
Are you tired of being a pariah, scorned by tiny girls and ancient barbarians alike? Tired of ol' Andy's prohibition on learning anything as intrinsically Lawful as Healing? Come to the Non-Chaotic ChAoS KnIgHt Support Group, where everyone knows the pain of divinely-inflicted indigestion. Swap tips on making up for sucking at everything, having no class powers, and possibly having to rescue idiotic carpenters while frantically patching up your wounds every four steps.

We won't laugh at your stilt legs and sulfur breath, because let's face it, we're all hated by most people and extremely ugly anyway. We offer a money-back guarantee: If you don't kill us for our traitorous actions against all that is cHaOtIc, we won't kill you for ungratefully turning against the deity who so graciously granted you cHaOs powers (and threw in the the extra eyes for free)!

Swap tips, stories, and general griping--because no one else will truly understand the demented ramblings distorted by your tentacled mouth.

LFk
01-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Are you the same Iridia from the old brinkster forums?

Iridia
01-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Yep, I just now realized these forums were up and running.

persy
01-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi, I'm a ChAoS kNiGhT and I'm here to redeem my sins. I've heard there is a "repeat las action" command in later prereleases, is that true? I can't find it myself and sacrificing 1 gold 200 times is too much of a penance :-(

grobblewobble
01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
We all know there is no way to resist chaos in the end.. I bet you guys are all just faking it like me, aren't you? Even gods are easily fooled.. Ow! *bends over from pain in belly*

The repeat last command is '

Iridia
01-09-2014, 07:48 AM
I have found that most deities are not particularly happy with worshipers who perform repeated alignment shifts. If you've had to slaughter a few blink dogs or punch a dwarf in the face to fool Chaos into thinking you're still a loyal servant and not burning you from the inside out, you are likely to find the Neutral gods quite angry with you when you return to Balance. Even if they were happy with you when you went on your blink-dog hunt, the Neutral gods are likely to curse or disintegrate your equipment. Approaching their altars in humility, wearing only a suitably humble set of clothing, is highly recommended. (Or you could just stick a si in your missile slot.)

Al-Khwarizmi
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi, I am a ChAoS KnIgHt too. While my soul still belongs to ChAoS, I was wondering if I could find some confort in this group.

My problem is, I really don't know what to do with my life. I came to the chain to aid the incursion of the forces of ChAoS into Ancardia, but all the chaotic creatures in the dungeons attack me, so I've slaughtered a lot of them. At least I did something useful by slaughtering that nosy Khelavaster too (but it was no big feat, since a bunch of measly chaos servants almost beat me to it).

But now, what? I mean, I could go for the Orbs. I'm sure they would be much better protected from the forces of Order in my custody than in the hands of that snake, wyrm, archmage and so on. Yeah, I know they're pretty buff, but I have powers that they will never have, as I'm the only creature in the whole Ancardia who can zap wands of paralysis and use slaying ammo, no kidding! So I don't think any champion of order would stand a chance against me.

But after I go for the Orbs, again, what? If I just wait somewhere, I think I'll get corrupted and turned into a writhing mass of primal chaos without having the chance to see Andor Drakon's final victory. Maybe your group can give me something interesting to do with my life?

Stingray1
01-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I cReAtEd YoU nOw I sHaLl DeStRoY yOu. DiE cOwArD!!

Edit - Um, stingray here. @Al, why are you so afraid of becoming a god? The ID dive sucks a little, but otherwise it's great fun.

Grey
01-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi everybody. My name's Grey and I'm.... I'm a ChAoS KnIgHt...

I've done some bad things in the past, but I've been trying to turn my life around. I settled down recently in the High Mountain Village, got me a job as an accountant. Business is a bit sparse but I've been getting by and enjoying the rustic life.

Recently I met a girl, her name's Gabby. We really hit it off. But now things are getting serious, and she's making strange demands. "Bring me the corpse of a farmer," she says. But I'm like, no girl, I don't do that stuff no more. Yet she's still like, "bring me a boar skull, bring me a monster summoning wand".

I don't know what to do, homies. I really dig this girl, but I feel she's bad for keeping me off the wagon. Any advice appreciated.

Peace out!

Stingray1
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
DiE cOwArD!!

Iridia
01-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Hi, I am a ChAoS KnIgHt too. While my soul still belongs to ChAoS, I was wondering if I could find some confort in this group.

My problem is, I really don't know what to do with my life. I came to the chain to aid the incursion of the forces of ChAoS into Ancardia, but all the chaotic creatures in the dungeons attack me, so I've slaughtered a lot of them. At least I did something useful by slaughtering that nosy Khelavaster too (but it was no big feat, since a bunch of measly chaos servants almost beat me to it).

But now, what? I mean, I could go for the Orbs. I'm sure they would be much better protected from the forces of Order in my custody than in the hands of that snake, wyrm, archmage and so on. Yeah, I know they're pretty buff, but I have powers that they will never have, as I'm the only creature in the whole Ancardia who can zap wands of paralysis and use slaying ammo, no kidding! So I don't think any champion of order would stand a chance against me.

But after I go for the Orbs, again, what? If I just wait somewhere, I think I'll get corrupted and turned into a writhing mass of primal chaos without having the chance to see Andor Drakon's final victory. Maybe your group can give me something interesting to do with my life?Andor Drakon? Hah. Andy's a washed-up has-been. Who needs him? If you're still set on following ChAoS, maybe it's time for a change in management (http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Ordinary_chaos_god_ending).

BenMathiesen
01-10-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks Grey, you just made me snarf my morning tea! :-D LOL

Hi everybody. My name's Grey and I'm.... I'm a ChAoS KnIgHt...

I've done some bad things in the past, but I've been trying to turn my life around. I settled down recently in the High Mountain Village, got me a job as an accountant. Business is a bit sparse but I've been getting by and enjoying the rustic life.

Recently I met a girl, her name's Gabby. We really hit it off. But now things are getting serious, and she's making strange demands. "Bring me the corpse of a farmer," she says. But I'm like, no girl, I don't do that stuff no more. Yet she's still like, "bring me a boar skull, bring me a monster summoning wand".

I don't know what to do, homies. I really dig this girl, but I feel she's bad for keeping me off the wagon. Any advice appreciated.

Peace out!

nathrakh
01-11-2014, 05:40 AM
Now someone do CK Platinum Girdle win.

Iridia
01-12-2014, 06:25 PM
A Lawful chaos knight? -8 to all stats is *painful*. And, no, they do not train faster because they're artificially lowered. All stat gains are based on the stats you would have if you were still being a good little servant of ChAoS.

Speaking of: My level 22 Human chaos knight wants a Lawful crowning, because he's the kind of guy who likes to stick it to the man even when The Man is a powerful being of chaos. (So... rebelling against chaos makes you lawful, apparently? Is that like a double negative?)

But right now he is stuck at LN. He has no available Chaos artifacts to sacrifice. All early Lawful quests were turned in without so much as an upwards blip in the alignment. I am way past day 90 because of the stupid boar skull, but saved Khelly and have seven SoCR left.

Is there something in the game's coding that will give you an early AoLS as soon as it detects that you happen to be playing a chaos knight who wants to do the opposite of saving Khelly? Because seriously, that's sadistic. Of course I had to take the bait and try for ultra, but most of my stats are down to about half of what they could be as a result, and my First Aid skill is at 100 for obvious reasons.

But Lawful crowning for a level 22 chaos knight... I dunno if that's even possible. The Dwarftown altar is Lawful, and so are a couple of other altars scattered around the early CoC. I can't get past LN by sacrificing and the more I level up, the harder it'll get; plus, I really want to try for fire immunity before I go for the ToEF.

...any advice for my poor, rebellious, gimped chaos knight?

grobblewobble
01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Either repeatedly heal a pet or take a beggar to the arena and stuff him full with fried bats, rat tails, demon daisies and so on. That's the best I can think of. Have you got any scrolls of balance? Useful to get an idea how much progress you're making.

Good luck, I never tried this myself.

Iridia
01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't know if I have any scrolls of balance. Could come in handy though.

My spellcasting is truly horrible, and I haven't found any books of Cure anything. So that's probably not going to help much. Which leaves...

Lemme get this right: I give a beggar a century's supply of greasy, low-quality fast food and that takes my alignment to L+. Even though I got absolutely no visible change in alignment from saving an idiotic carpenter at severe risk to my own life--while being constantly burned by Chaos--without Healing available--while said carpenter was trying to hack my head off?

grobblewobble
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Force-feeding beggars is much more effective than actual good deeds, cheesy as it is. If you can farm stomafillia, that may work even better.

I didn't try this method with a chaos knight myself yet, so I don't know how much food you need to get to L+.

P.S.: I forgot to say, it's best to hand him the food in small batches, not all in one go.

Iridia
01-13-2014, 04:51 AM
I am starting to think that CKs really have some kind of handicap when it comes to raising alignment. So far, I have given about two hundred uncursed stomafillia, and perhaps three hundred of each kind of ratling food, and I am still at L. The stomafillia and lizards, one at a time; the bats, two at a time; the other stuff about five or ten at a time. How much food does this take, normally? That beggar is starting to resemble Jabba the Hutt.

grobblewobble
01-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Chaos knights do have to work hard for it. Normally, 100 stomafillia or 200 of any type of ratling fodder would have been more than enough for this, easily.

It's too bad you don't have any scrolls of balance. Hard to say how far you got now. How much food did it take to get from LN to L?

Al-Khwarizmi
01-13-2014, 08:20 AM
That thing about spending 1 resource X times being better for alignment that spending X resources at a time should really go, it makes no sense and sounds rather tedious. Someone should RFE it.

Iridia
01-17-2014, 06:37 AM
I have gotten to L+, finally. I had trouble with the game crashing a couple of times, and had to reload from a backup.

I gave the beggar about a hundred stomafillia, about three thousand ratling food items (one by one), and about 120,000 gold, a thousand at a time, and killed Hotzenplotz and Kranf Niest for the lawful boosts. That beggar can open up a food emporium now.

I am level 22 with the Raven starsign.