PDA

View Full Version : First 1.2.0 prerelease 20 win, grey elf wizard

modular
01-10-2014, 06:13 AM
So I decided to check out the new version of adom. After messing around with mist elves, and finding out that they put the 'm' in ancient domains of masochism, and after finding out that pickpocketing, gremlin bombing, and even darkforge have been nerfed, I decided to roll an easymode wizard grey elf cookie cutter character.

Found many good weapons, one being a blessed stone spear of devastation (+1, 5d8+7). I don't think I ever had such a good pole-arm on a wizard ever before. Not that it matters much.

This character got lucky with early herbs and an altar. However, potential toughness was stuck at 12. When I drank a potion of exchange and my 12 toughness became 25 toughness, going from ~70hp to ~150 hp, I knew I had a winner (dex was now stuck at 12, but who cares). Then a ring of ice was found. The ToEF was easy with the water orb and sword of nonnak + ball spells.

The cat lord proved to be a challenge. I did not know if he was going to be hostile. Chatting with him gave the message 'do not anger me'. Soon after that, the cat lord started pummeling me. Webs proved ineffective. With his incredible speed, there is not much an NPC can do to counter him. I used a few prayers to heal to full. I had some potions, but I did not want to waste unnecessary turns quaffing them. We where close to the stairs, so I lured the cat lord up. I only had a few teleports from my teleportation wand. The cat lord was stunned with a wand of stunning after shrugging several bolts. All my poisoned arrows of humanoid slaying missed. After he recovered, I had to teleport to the stairs and GTFO. I knew I would be back later for my revenge. A few levels below I found a teleportation book. Now with practically unlimited teleportation it was time for some experimenting. Zapping a wand of poison proved effective, and got him down to half hp. Eventually one of my stun ray spells casted hit. While stunned he was stuck in the webs. I finished him with slaying ammo. What a PITA.

Greater vault was giants. The level also had an altar, and I decided to get crowned with fire immunity and ring of immunity. A slug corpse was generated in the druid cave for acid immunity. The ring of immunity and a wand of death was used to kill some ancient blue and karmic dragons in the blue dragon caves. Acid ball and Ice ball made easy work of all the other dragons. Sharad-Waador was killed but for some reason he could see my character. Archmage was no problem. Had acid ball and humanoid slaying ammo. Acid ball and potions of boost willpower where used to kill all the balors. Cleared D50 of all enemies, and used a wand of destruction on the levers after closing them, just for kicks. Uselessness gift was the cloak.

Only one SoCR was generated. I used two wishes from RoDS: One wish for 'scrolls of chaos resistance', giving me scrolls of charging ("I know what you want moral"). I learned they are called 'scrolls of corruption removal' now, but the djinni hasn't got the memo yet. So my second wish was for magic writing sets, so I could write some scrolls. In the end, I had almost no corruption and a writing set left, and the unicorn was used to cleanse.

Some special rooms generated in the early game:

SMC altar N
UD 3 carrot room, ring shop
UD5? herbs

D2 altar N
D3 altar L
D4 pool
D14 pool

PC3 herbs

Uc altar L

Full flg pasted here: http://pastebin.com/8rBpi1Xp

Star sign: Raven Birthday: 2/Raven (day 2 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents are traveling adventurers. Both are competent,
talented and doing very well.
As a child your parents cared a lot for you. Despite all
circumstances you enjoyed a happy and fine childhood.
As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and
generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value
the treasures of nature.
As a young adult you tried many occupations before finally deciding
on one to pursue. This has left you with a very broad base of lore.
You decided to become a Wizard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total weight: 16105 stones Carrying capacity: 39875 stones

Head : uncursed helm of mental stability (-1, +1) [-1, +4] {Le+1}
Neck : uncursed ankh [3s]
Body : uncursed eternium plate mail of life (-1, -2) [-1, +13]
Girdle : uncursed adamantium girdle [+1, +5] [18s]
Cloak : uncursed Brannalbin's Cloak of Defense [+3, +3] [30s]
Right Hand : blessed stone spear of devastation (+1, 5d8+7) [120s]
Left Hand : uncursed tower eternium shield (-1) [+13, +4] [70s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
Left Ring : uncursed ring of slaying (+4 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
Bracers : uncursed bracers of protection [+0, +5] [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed gauntlets of strength (-1, +0) [+1, +1] {St+4}[40s]
Boots : blessed seven league boots [+4, +6] [30s]
Missile Weapon: blessed long bow of hunting (+6, +3) [30s]
Missiles : bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [4s]
Tool : uncursed red pick axe (+0, 1d6+1) [75s]