PDA

View Full Version : Vanquisher vs Axe of Minotaur Emperor

Carter
01-23-2014, 12:58 AM
Recently playing a weaponsmith, and managed to get to the bottom of the minotaur maze (yay silver key!)

Anyway, since with the axe wielded i was sitting at about 60/70 DV/PV (like that smithing!) it was obviously time to use the axe, which obviously has very high damage potential.

Later on the game stumbled upon none other than Vanquisher in a greater fire vault.

Question for the board: What weapon will do more damage reliably?

Vanquisher is 6d5+3, which is 9-33, but it essentially slays everything
the Cow Axe is now 4d20+16 which is 20-96 with an unknown critical bonus (20%?)

Assuming that Critical hits do double damage Vanquisher is more like 18-66 correct? Is there an additional factor that would come into play here? Criticals do not punch through PV?

The other factor to consider is that PC also is 100 find weakness, and crowned with Bracers of War - so his critical rate would be approxmiately 50% even with the Axe. with Vanquisher find weakness and the BoW bonus is irrelevant (?)

thoughts/comments?

SirTheta
01-23-2014, 01:37 AM
AOTME is the best weapon in the game excepting maybe TOTRR (and considering availability..). Crit rate with AOTME is 40% + 8% + ~20% = ~70%. It does more damage than Vanquisher before that, so it slays Vanquisher easily (plus, you get 4 extra PV :D).

Carter
01-23-2014, 01:55 AM
AOTME is the best weapon in the game excepting maybe TOTRR (and considering availability..). Crit rate with AOTME is 40% + 8% + ~20% = ~70%. It does more damage than Vanquisher before that, so it slays Vanquisher easily (plus, you get 4 extra PV :D).

wow didn't realize the axe critical rate was so high. Oh also have the cat ring which boosts criticals also (15%?) so sounds like the AOTME is the winner!

Superteeth
01-23-2014, 02:48 AM
I actually had a similar "dilemma", because upon killing the Minotaur Emperor he dropped Vanquisher as the random artifact. It didn't take any time for me to choose the axe, because I really, really wanted it. It's cooler anyways to be wielding a 1200 stone axe as a dwarven chaos knight.

grobblewobble
01-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Vanquisher is 6d5+3, which is 9-33, but it essentially slays everything
the Cow Axe is now 4d20+16 which is 20-96 with an unknown critical bonus (20%?)

Don't forget to add in the bonus from strength etc. Those are the same for both, making the advantage of AoTME less than this.

AOTME is the best weapon in the game excepting maybe TOTRR (and considering availability..). Crit rate with AOTME is 40% + 8% + ~20% = ~70%.
I wonder if percentages are added like that, or multiplied. Either way, AoTME still comes out ahead.

Carter
01-23-2014, 05:52 AM
i would be surprised if they truly do stack like we suspect because theoritically if you were an assassin you could get +20% class +8% BoW +20% Find Weakness +40% axe +16% catseye = 104% chance of critical hit and 129% if you were backstabbing.

SirTheta
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I don't know if it's simple addition, but I figure it's a "good enough" as a baseline (either way, AOTME is better before you even add in criticals, :)).