PDA

View Full Version : Mission ADOMPossible: Team Mana

Pages : [1] 2

kapak44
01-24-2014, 08:51 AM
In the ADOM universe, Mana is widely seen as the most powerful of the five elements, with its practitioners often ascending to great heights and skills. Because of the sheer power of mana, Fate has pitted only four such members to fight against the other elemental teams of five. The odds have always been against the forces of Mana, but with the sheer power that we possess, we can hope to bring honor and glory to Team Mana!

Now that we’ve gotten that cheesy introduction out of the way, welcome to the official Team Mana thread, where we can discuss our battle plan for selecting the characters to fulfill the nine ADOMPossible missions!

I have played ADOM for around 6 years now, having scored 3 wins in my career (a Gnomish Thief UNE, a High Elf Wizard ULE, and a High Elf regular win). I do not have too much experience with speedrunning, so any tips to help with that respect is appreciated.

Our first order of business is to put together a list of preferred classes, using the races we are given (Orc, Ratling, High Elf)

My personal list of preferred classes are as follows:

1. Wizard
2. Archer
3. Druid
4. Elementalist
5. Priest
6. Paladin
7. Duelist
8. Barbarian
9. Healer
10. Ranger
11. Monk
12. Weaponsmith
13. Beastfighter
14. Necromancer
15. Mindcrafter
16. Fighter
17. Bard
18. Assassin
19. Thief
20. Farmer
21. Merchant

For the Chaos knight, I believe that it should be the ratling, since they could use the strength boost that comes from all of the heavy equipment that chaos knights carry at the start (at least they benefit better than orcs), which will really help with early survival. I believe that we should assign our High Elf to whatever is our first choice, as high elves are good candidates for the top 7 classes.

Okitsgreat, Arbot, and Ravenshire, please let me know of your input/preferences, and let’s see if we can make up a good battle plan!

okitsgreat
01-24-2014, 12:09 PM
My personal list:

1. Archer (2 Races with high Dx, one with FW)
2. Wizard
3. Barbarian
4. Monk
5. Druid
6. Priest
7. Duelist
8. Ranger
9. Paladin
10. Weaponsmith
11. Beastfighter
12. Healer
13. Elementalist
14. Fighter
15. Assassin
16. Necromancer
17. Bard
18. Mindcrafter
19. Thief
20. Farmer
21. Merchant

Do we have to play a Chaos Knight if we're only three?

kapak44
01-24-2014, 06:54 PM
No, we don't. So the orc should probably belong to a combat class.

I have great experience with druids, since they are very good spellcasters. Better than priests in my opinion. The same goes for elementalists. Both classes have healing and I think herbalism, so I think they should go higher on the list.

Can both of you please list your player preferences so everyone can be happy with what they're playing?

okitsgreat
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
I can't really talk about druids, as I rarely play them, personally I prefer priests. If we do get one, feel free to destroy with it ;)
If you are so experienced with them I'll place the druid higher on my list.

kapak44
01-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Revised list taking your preferences into question:

1. Archer
2. Wizard
3. Barbarian
4. Priest
5. Druid
6. Monk
7. Duelist
8. Ranger
9. Paladin
10. Healer
11. Elementalist
12. Weaponsmith
13. Beastfighter
14. Fighter
15. Assassin
16. Necromancer
17. Bard
18. Mindcrafter
19. Thief
20. Farmer
21. Merchant

Priests have a *slightly* easier time than monks, and have an easier time with weapons. I'm not too sold on weaponsmiths-they take a while to really survive the game. They should be below healer and elementalists for sure. Of course that is just my opinion, so don't feel obliged to stick to this list. Let's see what Arbot has to say about this list.

Arbot
01-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Hello guys, been playing ADOM for over 10 years won thrice Dwarf Paladin, Mist elf duelist and Dwarf duelist.

I had more typed up but I goofed and it got deleted, the important bits are that I think Paladin and duelist should be moved up a spot and otherwise it looks fine.

kapak44
01-25-2014, 07:33 AM
I think that's an ok change. Okitsgreat and Ravenshire, are you also ok with this?

Arbot, what class would you prefer to play after we are assigned classes?

To everyone: Assuming we don't get a fifth member, do you want to include a fifth character in our challenge or stick with four?

okitsgreat
01-25-2014, 08:01 AM
I dont have too much experience with Duelists, as I only recently started playing p20, but they seem quite strong :D I enjoy playing Paladins, no promblem to me if they get moved up a bit.
Weaponsmiths - I really like them, but that's just personal preference, also I mostly play Elven Weaponsmiths for the chainmail and better early PV, but I guess we should use our High Elf for a caster class.
I think we should play 5 chars because we get a Drakling if we do :p

kapak44
01-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Ok so this is what the list looks like now:

1. Archer
2. Wizard
3. Barbarian
4. Priest
5. Druid
6. Duelist
7. Monk
8. Paladin
9. Ranger
10. Healer
11. Elementalist
12. Weaponsmith
13. Beastfighter
14. Fighter
15. Assassin
16. Necromancer
17. Bard
18. Mindcrafter
19. Thief
20. Farmer
21. Merchant

Just waiting on Ravenshire's opinion now.

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 01:13 PM
looks good to me however with there being 4 of us now are we going to be getting additional races and the req to play a CK or are we still just going with ratling, high elf and orc.
in which case i have alot of experience playing both HE archer and wizard(no wins but ive gotten those 2 the closest)
i also have been playing paladin alot recently with metered success.

im also curious about how the uploading of saves goes as i stated in the general forum im very new here and havent done anything like this in the past

JellySlayer
01-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Team Mana, your 4th race is Dark Elf. If you get a 5th player (or just want to play 5 PCs and double up), your 5th will be a drakeling.

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 04:13 PM
So from what I'm seeing in the first mission either the Black Troc or the Si are going to be the easiest to acquire and should be able to do pretty quickly so is spending some time lvling the char suggested as we only get 6k turns per mission

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Keep in mind though i think if we take the option to play the 5th class it might come with the need to also pick up a CK so well want to plan for that possibility in which case i would probably say the orc might be a good option for that

okitsgreat
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
I would probably go for the Si, as some classes just can't handle the druid early (casters with acid bolt for example) and you can easily get the Si in 3000 turns, a bit more if you have to get some hp back on a class without Healing, but still easily managable within 6000.

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 06:00 PM
been doing some testing was almost able to take the druid in melee on a pally lost him in the darkness twice and he was able to run and heal up to full tried again on a caster but drowned stupid rng likes giving me rivers everywhere which are killers at this lvl. do we know yet what our classes are or is JS going to hand those out later. I know at least a few people have already finished the mission and im guessing they used the Si. i havent tried rushing CoC yet so im not sure about turns needed to cross wilderness but im thinking of starting in the upper lvls of DD and then heading over to CoC and diving to the Si then backing out to the MM hut

kapak44
01-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I agree that going for the Si should be the main goal of mission 1. Doing this will take ~2k-3k turns, which leaves time to finish Healing quest or clear a lesser vault.

Unless anyone objects, I will go ahead and use the list from my previous post as our final choices. I think the Chaos Knight (if we go for a fifth) should be a ratling, due to the nice skill set that compliments that of a chaos knight. The Chaos knight already has find weakness, making the orc choice a bit dubious.

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 06:15 PM
using your list works for me
didnt think we were allowed in the VD so thats why i was diving DD in testing ill try diving VD and see how that turns out should make living in CoC alittle easier hopefully i can get a few tension rooms as that helps lvl you really quickly without using alot of turns

okitsgreat
01-25-2014, 06:24 PM
I tested with a Ratling Archer and had no difficulties getting Si in time, had telecontrol and -cold as well as some quite nice early-game equipement, decided go back to Terinyo and get Healing and got it by saving Yriggs and was in time at the MML to get Bridge Building as well :D

Ravenshire
01-25-2014, 06:36 PM
nice although sadly i very likely doubt well get to have archer or even wizard in our classes one of the reason i havent tested with them ive been looking at fighters and paladins for melee tried a wizard but didnt get very far with him cursed book of firebolt bad got like 100 charges in 3 reads

okitsgreat
01-25-2014, 06:49 PM
I tried to get the Si with a HE wizard and go hit by a stoneblock on CoC 3 xD
But I guess you're right, we wont get all the classes we want ;)

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 02:39 AM
just did a test with i HE wizard got very lucky with him. He has a mithril sabre and a crystal tower shield(holding out for a spear of some kind), also has slow poison and lightning ball and SoA for spells.

JellySlayer
01-26-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi Team Mana. You guys rolled to draw third, so what I did was I redid the draw with your list replacing that of Team Indecisive (who was originally third). Based on this scenario, you end up with Archer, Priest, Healer, Mindcrafter, (Chaos Knight). You can start any time. If you're quick, you can probably finish before Team Indecisive has finished figuring out what characters they want ;)

Iridia has joined the Team, so you guys can run a full set of classes.

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 03:26 AM
Cool was wondering when our class list was going to be out thanks JS. i would like to pick up the archer i dont have any experience with healer or priest and my MCs are always cursed with bad luck of finding undead tension rooms. but as i was the fourth member of the team i shall defer selection to someone else for first pick.

btw welcome to the team Iridia.

Iridia
01-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Hi :) I'm not an expert but I do love ADOM. Two normal wins, finished an ultra about four hours ago, and am still very excited. Whether I play well when I'm feeling so invincible is anybody's guess.

kapak44
01-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Thanks Jellyslayer for our class assignments! And welcome to the team Iridia. We’ll kick ass now that we have a full team!

Orc
Ratling
High Elf
Dark Elf
Drakeling

I say we make the following characters:
Orc Archer (Find weakness helps greatly for missile skills)
Ratling Chaos Knight (seems to benefit most from St boost, making survival optimal for our Chaos Knight)
High Elf Priest (fairly good spellcasting ability, plus has good fighting capabilities)
Drakeling Mindcrafter (Willpower is a mindcrafter’s most important stat, and Drakeling has the highest starting Willpower. Also, Drakeling spit attack will help with early game tremendously)
Dark Elf Healer (Good stats overall)

Since Ravenshire has requested the archer, I think he should get it.
Okitsgreat, you mentioned that you preferred priests earlier, so maybe you want to play the priest?

As for Arbot and Iridia, Let me know which characters you want. The difficulty for our assigned classes overall are imo (from easiest to hardest): Archer>Priest>Healer>>Mindcrafter == Chaos Knight.

Since Healer will be rather easier than Mindcrafter or Chaos knight, I think the lesser experienced of you two should play it. I’ll probably do the Mindcrafter, since that has the highest risk of dying out of the five classes. Chaos Knight will be able to survive for at least the first mission if it’s played like a warrior class.

Let me know what you guys think, and we’ll try to make everyone happy with their choices.

Iridia
01-26-2014, 03:47 AM
I just finished a chaos knight win, so I think I'd like to try something else :)

But, with the chaos knight, some things to note:
They will start without Healing and without the possibility of getting it.
They do not have Literacy as a class skill. A smart race is more likely to hit the Learning 10 limit to start with literacy.
In order to get either Literacy or Healing, they will have to go to neutral alignment. In order to survive at neutral alignment, you need either fire resistance, regeneration, Immune to Pain, or a good source of healing items plus a good First Aid skill.
They will start with decent strength and toughness, and are more likely than most to survive a dive through the UD.

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 03:52 AM
with your recent ULE win on a L+ CK Iridia i would probably feel safest with you behind the wheel on that ill take the archer and do what i can with him not familiar with orcs as a class so hoping maybe for some learning bonus in my starsign that or candle or sword maybe. starting now ill back up my save not sure how to post it up on the forums but ill have it somewhere safe

GL everyone and HF.

kapak44
01-26-2014, 03:57 AM
From my previous experience with Chaos knights, Ratling Chaos Knights do have a good chance of having at least 10 Le, so that should not be too much of a concern.

Ravenshire, there should be a place to upload save files in the advanced area, if you click the attachment. Click go advanced when you reply/edit, then click the paper clip button. Let's wait until everyone else has a say in this, though, before you start. Remember, save files must be posted before you begin the first mission iirc.

Iridia
01-26-2014, 04:00 AM
OK. Ratling chaos knight it is, then. I'm new to the forum though; can somebody tell me where the advanced area thing is?

kapak44
01-26-2014, 04:09 AM
Actually, I take back my Learning Claim for Ratlings. Dark Elves actually have a slightly better chance at passing the 10 Le threshold upon further examination. So maybe do a Dark Elf Chaos Knight, and a Ratling Healer instead for the list I proposed above.

The proposed list is now:

Orc Archer
Dark Elf Chaos Knight
High Elf Priest
Drakeling Mindcrafter
Ratling Healer

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 04:35 AM
Ok ill wait til tomorrow to start was looking over star signs again and my previous statement that sword would be good was flawed dragon would likely be best for the reduction in cost to increase that or candle for the healing as im not going to be able to get it any time soon from jharod and i dont really want to kill in to get in from holeinthewall

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 06:11 AM
been testing orcs with classes other then archer to get an idea of weaknesses and the not being able to read is really annoying never realize how much you rely on your scrolls til you cant use them at all. im discovering im not a huge fan of the orc race if anyone else feels like grabbing it for one of the other class your welcome to it ill keep if for the archer if its deemed the best for the team crashing for the night guys so ttyl

Arbot
01-26-2014, 07:20 AM
I would prefer either the healer or mindcrafter, I have a pretty decent amount of exp with healers. I've played mindcrafter a little but not too far into the game. I've gotten a healer as far as the mana temple if I remember correctly.

kapak44
01-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Ok Arbot, I'll give you the healer, since it seems you have more experience there.

So that leaves Okitsgreat-is priest ok with you? Or do you want to choose something else?

Also, is everyone ok with the racial choices?

okitsgreat
01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Priest is ok for me and I'm not going to complain about getting a High elf ;)

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 10:12 AM
ok so what im seeing for our team is

Orc Archer - Ravenshire
Dark Elf Chaos Knight - Iridia
High Elf Priest - okitsgreat
Drakeling Mindcrafter - Kapak44
Ratling Healer - Arbot

been looking at some of the other teams forums and im not sure if we are going to be swapping toons but they have been keeping notes on key dungeon features(shops,vaults, tension rooms) and posting those up so think that might be a good idea for us once we get rolling ill be starting my toon here in a bit as everyone seems to have chimed in, was able to watch gordon's fateful play of his Orc Barb and feel alot better about how to handle my archer as he played his Barb as a ranged for most of the mission before succumbing to spiders on his way out of CoC so i should be able to take some of those pratices and put them to a more powerful use.

attached is my starting save and my completed save was able to make it with plenty of time to spare should have milked barbs or kobald vault alittle more running low on arrows atm

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 11:49 AM
not sure how to get my completed save up here unless im just using the verbose file and posting that was able to make it with the si in about 5500 turns wasnt sure how long the climb back out was going to take and had to look through the whole lvl to find the Si damn thing was hidden in a corner, thank god for pit vipers leading the way.

okitsgreat
01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Created my Cup-born High Elven Priestess Buiavalaina, starting save attached.

okitsgreat
01-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Just killed myself, here's my summary...

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
ouch so it looks like some of the teams most promising characters are falling to RNG

okitsgreat
01-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Rather stupidity/carelessness...

Iridia
01-26-2014, 04:50 PM
All right, started.
Nice set of starting corruptions.
But... illiterate.
Wish me luck :)

Starting save should be attached, if I'm doing it right.

Iridia
01-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Successful.

First kill is a cutpurse.
Went through the UD--it is not fully explored; I was limited by food supplies.
I was unable to get the blanket but did get a nice mithril spear and shield. Shield is crystal, but cursed.
There was a cave tiger in the HMV. It trapped me by the stairs and I had to kill it. Stupid cats.
Cleared a kobold vault and an orc vault.
Found a lawful altar and had enough gold for the one-gold-per-turn method. Alignment is now at CN to make future changes easier.
Generated the si.
Still illiterate.
Currently fighting a tension room full of barbarian leaders. I went a couple dozen turns over 6000 from not watching my turn counter, but it's obvious that the si was generated before turn 6000, considering I'm on the level above, far from the stairs.

The save file is too large to attach. Can someone give me a tip on how to do that?

kapak44
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
How big is your save file Iridia? Try attaching it inline to see if this works.

Okitsgreat, nice effort by your priest. I personally *never* take on the black druid until at least level 10 imo, as the quest is just way too difficult until the midgame.

Starting my Drakeling mindcrafter Anacalagon, which is male and Salamander-born having the Alert as his starting skill. Has a wedding ring and a ring of stun resistance, which is ok. Anacalagon also has a wand of lightning and a wand of acid, which might prove to be a lifesaver. His first goal is to get healing from the VD before tackling the mission.

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=JellySlayer;86989]I guess there is no real reason for any further delay. Let's get this started.

Here is your first mission.

Mission 1: Treasure Hunt

Objectives:
-Acquire one artifact.
-Bring your PC with the artifact in your inventory to the Mad Minstrel's Glade
-You have 6000 turns to complete all of the objectives in this mission.

You are not permitted to enter any of the following areas. Doing so will result in an automatic failure.

-SMC/UD
-ID
-NDC/Darkforge
-BugWil
-Any CoC level below Dwarftown.
-VDDL/DDL
-High Kings/Maze/Rift/Stone Circle/TOEF/WDC
-Griffyard/Pyramid

Please check with your teammates if these location names are unclear to you.

sry iridia not sure if you missed this post or not probably should have reposted in here before we all started so not sure if we have to start from beginning with your toon or if we can start from your save even though you used UD

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 07:36 PM
might suggest with the double offensive wand start to kill crimelord for the exp boost cause it would take 1 maybe 2 turns to get to lvl 5 or even 6

kapak44
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say that you were not allowed to enter the UD at all. That probably would count as an automatic failure since the objectives are directly violated. My guess is that we will have to start over with your char for the next mission. Jellyslayer *might* allow you to try again, but I wouldn't count on it.

Everyone, make sure you thoroughly read the objectives before starting so we don't have this issue again.

@Ravenshire: I *might* do that once I get healing, since that is a highly risky move imo without poison resistance.

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 07:42 PM
stand back and get them to line up wands should kill the guards in 2 hits lord in 3 maybe 4 if you have the charges its super easy when i do they never even get to me might as you say though wait til healing and get it on your way to CoC

Iridia
01-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say that you were not allowed to enter the UD at all. That probably would count as an automatic failure since the objectives are directly violated. My guess is that we will have to start over with your char for the next mission. Jellyslayer *might* allow you to try again, but I wouldn't count on it.

Everyone, make sure you thoroughly read the objectives before starting so we don't have this issue again.

@Ravenshire: I *might* do that once I get healing, since that is a highly risky move imo without poison resistance.Oh crap... I'm really sorry. I thought it was just "generate an artifact". I'm going to go back and re-read everything now.

ETA--and it's even worse; I'm playing on a 64-bit version so the save file doesn't transfer anyway. Sorry again.

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 07:49 PM
yeah some of that might have been our fault too we should have made sure that everyone knew the mission before starting i asked JellySlayer what we should do about where to pick up your toon maybe if he's feeling charitable he'll let you reroll and try for real if not at least we have a good list of starting corruptions and he did say with mission 2 those that died might get extra turns to complete.

kapak44
01-26-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm running Windows 7, how can I check if the save file is 64 bit or 32 bit?

Iridia, I can open your file just fine ... And I know my files are widely compatible. Can the rest of us check if that's the case?

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm running Windows 7, how can I check if the save file is 64 bit or 32 bit?

Iridia, I can open your file just fine ... And I know my files are widely compatible. Can the rest of us check if that's the case?

works fine for me as well and you werent joking about the corruptions pretty much all good even one that have 0 draw backs

Ravenshire
01-26-2014, 08:16 PM
ok heres my completed char sitting at the clearing we sadly dont get healing on him as i stated earlier so that going to make him harder but as an archer hopefully we can get to where things just dont really get to us

Iridia
01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Sure, if it works for you guys, then that's great, I don't have to re-roll.

Arbot
01-27-2014, 12:07 AM
So what happens if the char dies, is it out of the competition?

Iridia
01-27-2014, 12:31 AM
I think if the character dies, it counts as a failure and you revert to the last save. But don't quote me on that; you see how well I read rules.

I just wish I hadn't lost you guys that point. It would be okay if I'd gotten crushed by a rock trap or something, but it's just embarrassing to fail because I only read the first page instead of the whole topic.

Ravenshire
01-27-2014, 12:46 AM
if a char dies we pick it up at the most recent save so for now that would be at creation if say it dies in mission 3 and completed mission 2 then we would use the save from mission 2.
btw iridia have you heard any ruling from JS about the CK

Arbot
01-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Ah, well I accidentally didn't create the save on turn 1 but I have a healer leaving dwarftown on his way to the glade should be an easy climb I'll give you guys a post with more details once I get there

Arbot
01-27-2014, 01:32 AM

That should be the finished save if it doesn't work let me know I will upload it again.

Recap:
I decided to start in the PC since I didn't need either healing or herbalism and my usually SMC start is off-limits and also probably a bad idea. First kill was a Large bat. Pretty much just skipped D2 the ants are far too tough for a weak healer to even damage. On D3 I found some herbs which was very helpful, although there wasn't any stable herb patterns I was able to collect a fair bit of spenceweed and pepper petal as well as some herbs to cure sickness. Despite having the right herb loctions to I wasnt able to get any stomafilla or poison curing herbs. I killed a cat so no ring for this character, but hopefully I can get a nice experience boost in its place (instead of dying). Orc vault on the last level nothing memorable dropped. Afterwards I booked it over to the CoC, I didn't fully explore any levels on the way down, I wanted to make sure I could get to dwarftown and get inventory id'd. Found a vault on D6 (gnoll) and cleared it, once again not much in the way of loot. Grabbed the Si. Made it to dwarftown found some upgrades in the shop and blessed my water and ID'd my inventory. Unfortunately I forgot to grab the random monster quest from the elder which I just realized. On my way up explored a little more of the CoC levels.

I have some decent gear, mainly need a better shield. Didn't play perfectly but I managed to finish the mission

kapak44
01-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Mission 1 turned out to be successful for me.

First of all, I went to Terinyo in order to get Healer quest. Then I went to the outlaw town, where my first kill was an outlaw leader. Not taking any chances, I used my spit attack to survive the town. Also opened the Yergius quest and learned pick pockets.
Found a chaotic altar at VD:1 and nearly converted away from neutral after several failed sacrifices.
Took Healthy talent at level 3 to help with overall survival. Found several potions of healing at the next several floors at the village dungeon, one of which I used to survive an exploding rune trap.
Nearly got killed at VD:7 when a dark elven warrior critically hit me and left me poisoned. There was also a floating eye tension room on that level, which further complicated things. Had to use both my prayers to get back up to Jharod.
Successfully managed to learn healing, but I already had 4000 turns on the counter, leaving me with no time to convert the VD altar.
Took Miser when I went to level 6.
After getting healing, went to Coc, where there was a lesser vault at D: 4. Didn’t explore it, as I was *really* pressed for time. It apparently was an orcish vault, though.
Arena was at D: 5, and big room was at D: 7.
Didn’t find any good armor, which would have really helped this char, as he was close to death countless times.
Got the si at D: 8, after partially fighting my way through a kobold tension room. Found a wild cat on my way back at D: 6. Confused it and left it close to the downstairs.
Found an orcish spear and a mithril small shield from some stray orcs on my way back up through D: 4. Also found leather armor on my way back, which was cursed. Also discovered that another chaotic altar was present on D: 2, but had no time to convert it.
Made it to the glade at turn 5767, which was rather close.
First thing the next player should do is attempt to convert one of the altars, and sac up to get piety back, because this character has no piety left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot

..@.........

Anacalagon St:16 Le:15 Wi:17 Dx:13 To:17 Ch: 9 Ap: 9 Ma:17 Pe:10 N+
DV/PV: 21/3 H: 60(60) P: 59(59) Exp: 8/8868 MML M: 5767
Burdened Coward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Information

Anacalagon St:16 Le:15 Wi:17 Dx:13 To:17 Ch: 9 Ap: 9 Ma:17 Pe:10
N+
DV/PV: 21/3 H: 60(60) P: 59(59) Exp: 8/8868 M: 5767

Background Information

Name: Anacalagon Race: male Drakeling Class: Mindcrafter
Eye color: light blue Hair color: bald Complexion: green
Height: 5'7" Weight: 169 pounds
Star sign: Salamander Birthday: 27/Salamander (day 147 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents are traveling adventurers. Both are competent,
talented and doing very well.
As a child you had to survive pretty harsh times since your parents
seemed to have run out of luck. Their wealth was ever-declining and times
were very hard.
In your youth you worked a lot to become rich and famous later.
Consequently you rarely had enough time to play with other kids of your
age.
As a young adult you tried many occupations before finally deciding
on one to pursue. This has left you with a very broad base of lore.
You decided to become a Mindcrafter.

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Unarmed fighting 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Daggers & knives 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Clubs & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Maces & flails 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Swords 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Axes 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Whips 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Pole arms 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 5
Twohanded weapons 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Staves 3 +3 +0 +3 basic 31

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 6
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 0 +0 unskilled 13

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
Right hand: +2 bonus to hit, 1d8+0 damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
Ammunition: 22, base range: 4, -2 bonus to hit, 1d6-2 damage

Skills

Alertness ................ 71 (great) [+3d3]
Climbing ................. 32 (fair) [+1d5]
Concentration ............ 97 (superb) [+3d4]
First aid ................ 48 (fair) [+1d5]
Food preservation ........ 40 (fair) [+1d3]
Gemology ................. 44 (fair) [+3d5]
Haggling ................. 29 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Healing .................. 15 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Herbalism ................ 34 (fair) [+2d4]
Listening ................ 24 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Literacy ................. 56 (good) [+3d5]
Music .................... 25 (mediocre) [+3d3]
Pick pockets ............. 22 (mediocre) [+2d4]
Stealth .................. 20 (mediocre) [+3d3]
Swimming ................. 62 (good) [+1d3]

Inventory
Total weight: 1388 stones Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Head : -
Neck : -
Body : cursed leather armor [+0, +2] [150s]
Girdle : -
Cloak : -
Right Hand : orcish spear (+1, 1d8+3) [75s]
Left Hand : small mithril shield (+2) [+3, +1] [40s]
Right Ring : -
Left Ring : ring of stun resistance [1s]
Bracers : -
Gauntlets : -
Boots : light boots [+0, +0] [20s]
Missile Weapon: short bow (+1, +0) [20s]
Missiles : bundle of 22 arrows (+0, 1d6) [44s]
Tool : -

Stuff

Total weight: 1038 stones Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Helmets ('[')
hat [4s]
Armor ('[')
robe [+3, +1] [60s]
Boots ('[')
sandals [+0, +0] [6s]
Necklaces (''')
platinum amulet [3s]
splendid necklace [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
short spear [40s]
dagger [10s]
rusty rapier [30s]
hand axe [50s]
rusty hatchet [50s]
stone axe [170s]
Two-handed weapons ('(')
quarterstaff (+0, 1d10) [40s]
Missile weapons ('}')
short bow [20s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 11 arrows [22s]
bundle of 12 quarrels [24s]
Tools (']')
round key [1s]
hexagonal key [1s]
triangular key [1s]
torch [10s]
strange item [10s]
Rings ('=')
wedding ring [1s]
Wands ('\')
wand of lightning (2 charges) [4s]
wand of acid (2 charges) [4s]
wand of lightning [4s]
Potions ('!')
berzio potion [2s]
heap of 2 potions of water [8s]
gray potion [4s]
white potion [2s]
potion of water [4s]
light yellow potion [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
scroll of identify [2s]
scroll of satiation [2s]
Books ('"')
huge manual [100s]
Food ('%')
large ration [200s]
dwarven sausage [20s]
iron ration [100s]
fortune cookie [3s]
Valuables ('$')
1980 gold pieces [19s]

Killed Monsters

147 monsters perished under his attacks.

The following monsters were vanquished:
1 bandit
1 barbarian
1 bugbear
1 chaos brother
1 chaos rat
1 cutpurse
1 dark elven warrior
3 fire beetles
4 floating eyes
1 gelatinous cube
1 ghost bat
2 giant bats
1 giant frog
10 giant rats
6 goblins
2 goblin chieftains
6 goblin rockthrowers
3 goblin slavemasters
1 harpy
1 hippogriff
2 hobgoblins
1 hobgoblin chief
2 huge bats
1 imp
4 jackals
1 jackalwere
15 kobolds
1 kobold chieftain
1 kobold shaman
4 large bats
3 large kobolds
2 large spiders
5 lizard men
1 minotaur
1 mugger
14 orcs
1 orc scorcher
1 outlaw leader
1 pixie
1 pixie archer
1 rabid dog
1 raider
28 rats
2 ratling archers
1 ratling thief
1 shadow
2 skeletons
1 swordsman

Achievements

He survived for 0 years, 9 days, 1 hour, 16 minutes and 25 seconds (5767
turns).
Anacalagon visited 19 places.
His strength score was modified by +1 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +1 during his career.

Playing Time

You played for 0 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds.

Version Information

Ancient Domains Of Mystery
Version 1.2.0
Windows Prerelease 20
Build: Nov 21 2013 23:28:06

Ravenshire
01-27-2014, 02:54 AM
you have to zip it to be able to

Ravenshire
01-27-2014, 03:03 AM
Ok so we have a decision to make as a team right now we are 3 success 1 death and 1 time out we have the option thanks to JS's kindness to completely re-roll our CK and let iridia have another go at it and most likely make it 4 success and 1 death or we can keep her current CK, busted corruptions and all, forfeit the point and have someone already deep in CoC to start the next mission this might give us somewhat of a head start to to next mission as we wont have to waste turns diving back down providing that the next mission is indeed in CoC.
I personally am torn the corruptions on the current knight are all really good apart from the tentacle one which means no quests of any kind
however its possible we could get a huge shaft with a new CK that has terrible corruptions.

Arbot
01-27-2014, 03:24 AM
I think it depends, I haven't seen the corruptions but I think it might be worth losing this mission to potentially have an easier time with the rest of them if its a really good set. I guess you just have to ask your self one question, do you feel lucky punk.

kapak44
01-27-2014, 03:43 AM
I personally vote for a reroll, in order to have another shot of getting Literacy for our CK.

Ravenshire
01-27-2014, 04:08 AM
I personally vote for a reroll, in order to have another shot of getting Literacy for our CK.

brings up a good point and sways my vote lit on the CK would be nice

kapak44
01-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Iridia, what do you want to do here?

Iridia
01-28-2014, 12:13 AM
I think it isn't risking much to re-try. Yeah, we started with good corruptions--but we also started without Literacy and didn't get that first point.

If I try and get the point, chances are we have at least non-crippling corruptions to start with, and we may or may not get Literacy. If I try and don't get the point, then we may have to deal with a more gimped chaos knight--but whoever gets the character next will have more turns to try to accomplish the next goal.

So... yeah, I want to try. I can't lose us any more points than I already have.

Ravenshire
01-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Ok so new CK it is cant wait to see you crush the first mission are we going to try and get him out of C or leave him there

kapak44
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Iridia, make sure you post the starting save file so there is no confusion at all.

Iridia
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
All right. Starting save is here.

For corruptions, we have very light, babbling mouth, poison hands, and stilt legs.

The babbling mouth pushed Learning up; this one's got Literacy.

Now I just have to avoid messing this up.

Iridia
01-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Successful--but don't celebrate yet. I've got teleportitis and I'm practically out of food and out of prayers. This is literally the worst early food problem I've ever had with a chaos knight; practically no food dropped at all, and Waldenbrook's shop sold food--but he hates dark elves, so he was charging too much to buy it. I had to use one prayer on healing and one on food. I think the next person's best bet is going to be heading for Terinyo and hoping that you don't accidentally teleport out of the shop before you have a chance to buy some food. The teleportitis is directly related to the food problem; I was starving and had to eat a pixie.

First kill was a mugger.

I did eat one fire beetle. I don't know if we got the fire resistance intrinsic from it. It's a 50% chance.

There's a scroll of danger in Waldenbrook's shop.

The Big Room didn't have too many useful herbs, but one of those unidentified stacks is spenseweed. I don't know which one.

There's a chaotic altar on one of the first few levels of the COC. That might be used to fix the piety problem if you find a source of food.

Alignment is at CN to allow for easier conversions later on, if necessary.

Found an adamantium sword and shield, but a rust monster got to my plate mail. It's rusty but still in one piece.

Is this better than losing a point? Honestly, I have no idea. The next guy's going to have a tough time with that teleportitis.

kapak44
01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Team Mana:

Okitsgreat: Buiavalaina, the High elven Priest – Failure
Arbot: Arbot the Ratling Healer – Success
Kapak44: Anacalagon, the Drakeling Mindcrafter - Success
Ravenshire: Ravenshire, the Orcish Archer- Success
Iridia: Zhakara, the Dark Elven Chaos Knight –Success

Score: 4/5

Nicely done folks!

Our next step is to plan for mission 2 and to try to address any weaknesses for our characters. Let's see if we all can figure out a plan for doing that as well as tactics for mission 2 before we play any characters. We're off to a relatively good start here.

Ravenshire
01-28-2014, 07:07 PM
tele might not be a huge set back if we can manage to get tele control for the CK.
@ iridia - do you know if the CK can cross the wilderness or do we need to just dive CoC to the alter and hope for some mobs to get piety back.

the priest is probably our most pressing concern shell have 9k turns to complete the next mission and hopefully UD and ID will be open so we can grind out some quick lvls having cure disease means that food shouldnt be a problem on her cause kobalds seem to drop corpses a lot and shes safe to eat those.

the archer i think is pretty well set im not sure how his stock of arrows is atm i think lots but small stacks if memory server he found a decent melee weapon so might want to consider that.

do we have any guesses about the next quest, spoiler is that pv penetration is going to be very helpful. im thinking maybe bug temple as the claw bugs have a decent pv and being able to pass would mean killing them very quickly. ill look back over my archer tonight and see exactly how his inventory is looking. ill try to keep better notes on the next mission so we know where we stand.

kapak44
01-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Here’s what I think should happen for each of the following characters:

Drakeling Mindcrafter: He needs a better weapon and armor. Badly. His first goal should be to go back to D:2 and get some piety back up, as well as find better equipment in the process. Then, if time permits, he should get the VDDL wand in order to get a source of teleport, which will help in a possible Darkforge raid. Oh, and he should identify his equipment, since he has water and a scroll of identify. Might find something useful there.

Dark Elf Chaos Knight: How much gold does he have? Cause I’m thinking we *might* take our chances and convert to N temporarily in order to get access to ratling trader food. Which level is the Chaotic altar? A couple of turns might be used to build piety. I’m also interested to figure out if chaos knight can make it back through wilderness. IF the ID is open, chaos knight might be able to grind for a blink dog corpse there.

High Elven Priestess: If ID is open, maybe spend a few turns to get an offensive spellbook. She *might* be able to kill Hotzenplotz for some powerleveling if she can get his hands on an offensive spell.\

Orcish archer: Healing quest should be a big goal, I’m thinking we get it the chaotic way, since I assume he’s still C. That should take 2k-3k turns, so it might not be a feasible option.

Ratling healer: Character is in great shape with supply of spenseweed. We might look into the DD in order to get gardening, which would help with the stoma issue. However, this is a relatively minor issue.

I'm guessing the second mission will involve Darkforge, with the goal being something like to retrieve the crown of science. If so, our mindcrafter is in deep trouble, since mindcraft has no effect on the steel golems.

What do you think guys?

Edit: Just rolled a few test characters to figure out how long it takes to generate a blink dog. ID stairhopping still works for monsters, and you can easily find a blink dog if you hop at I:4 and I:5. The test runs show that it shouldn't take longer than 2k turns to generate a blink dog. (longest time took 1.6k turns from starting location to blink dog generation).

Edit #2: A quick examination of the chaos knight shows that he can indeed make it back to terinyo. From there, he could easily get teleport control using the tactic I described above. I *might* want to take over the chaos knight, depending if we're allowed the ID on the next mission.

Edit #3: The altar is at D:2, not D:4. The vault is at D:4.

Ravenshire
01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
sounds good however healing is not available for the archer hoz wouldnt give the quest talk to him multiple times and jharod is dead was hoping to get the quest to pop that way(similar to the sheriff quest for hotz that you can turn in without picking up to start) no luck, so only chance for healing on him is via luck and scrolls or potions.

as for dark forge as of 1.2 tele is next to useless in there very high chance of random teleport even with control and 2 checks are made, 1 on the cast and 1 on the selection of destination if either falls you just end up somewhere.

and darkforge i think is to crazy for lvl 10 chars but not sure i normally wait until after the pyramid before even considering the forge.

all the suggestions are solid though providing we have some time to spare i think im going to create a couple test chars and run the first mission and then wait til we get word on the second so i can test time limits

kapak44
01-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, scratch my Darkforge raid suggestion. We don't have a magic mapping or item detection tool, so trying to get the VDDL wand will be too tedious, now that I think of it. Still think a piety refill is the way to go.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 12:09 AM
so got a question little off topic currently playing a ME duelist and in arena with a cat tried to pot of Exchange him with no luck if i dig a hole and lead him over it alot will that count against me as a kill

kapak44
01-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Yeah, you are charged as a kill. You need to create a teleportation or corruption trap to deal with the cat.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 12:33 AM
yeah i figured as much cats dont seem to take damage from pit traps anyways thanks though

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 03:38 PM
ok im going to spend today getting all 5 race/class combos to minstrels glade with a si as that seems to be what everyone was going for might take the keethrax quest on the priest as that was the route that was attempted so that ill have all the classes at the glade tomorrow when the next mission is announced. from there ill try to run some test on possibles hopefully my tests are to vastly different from the current although the CK i know will be.

Iridia
01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Chaos knights are almost a different game. Your main opponent is your corruption and your alignment and the penalties imposed by being either chaotic or non-chaotic. Being lawful is more of a challenge game, but either neutral or chaotic is kind of a pick-your-poison situation--you're screwed one way or the other. What I find funny about it is that if you win the game at all, your character has "failed" at their goal of serving Andor Drakon, either by redeeming themselves, by killing their former boss, by messing up in such an epic fashion that you can call it a win, or by betraying him and taking over as the new chaos god. There's no victory for good little chaos knights--which is as it should be, since chaos never lets you win in the end.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM
ok got a test CK to the glad with the Si, hes also favored by andy so maybe in the next mission a pre-crown might be possible then try to work on converting not sure how bad the penalty for that might be but im guessing dangerous. time to work on the next one.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Mission 2: Impenetrable

Objectives:

-Kill the steel golem in the NDC. Note that this kill must show up in the PC's kill record to count. Kills that do not show up on the kill list (eg. pets) do not.
-Travel to the Old Barbarian's glade and save upon entry.
-Must be completed within 6000 turns. Characters who died in Mission 1 will have 9000 turns.

Forbidden Areas:
-Darkforge (but not NDC)
-SMC/UD
-ID
-BugWil
-Any CoC level below Khelevaster
-Griffyard
-Assassin Guild (but DDL and VDDL are allowed)

Please check with your teammates if these location names are unclear to you.

Mission 3 will be assigned on February 4th, or when all teams have attempted Mission 2, whichever comes first. You may begin at any time.

In addition, due to the scores from the previous mission:
Ratfire, the ratling duelist of Team Fire has been corrupted.

Ratfire, the has received the following corruption:

7 Nothing seems to happen when you wave these sticks around!
You cannot use wands for the duration of this mission.

ok so this is the mission i think we might be in some serious trouble the drakeling i think might be that only one that can handle this somewhat easily by stocking up on food and just spitting it to death the archer might be able to play hit a run but thats still going to take awhile. we cant use pets so the priest is going to be in trouble(well pet cant kill it we can us it to damage it) any suggestions on what to do here.

kapak44
01-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Ok guys,

At this point, I’m not sure which character I want to take.

Now that we know the second mission, here's what has to happen:

Since we're still not allowed to enter the ID, Chaos Knight has to deal with teleportitis. First of all, he should go back to Terinyo and get as many rations as he can carry. We also should try to find the spenseweed pile and attempt to get as many as we can, especially since we don't have herbalism. Since he has poison hands, he should find a good high-damaging two-handed weapon and just hope for the best against the golem using the poison to his advantage. He should probably clear VDDL and Pyramid to search for said weapon and for the ankh. If we don't get a good weapon from those areas, we just have to convert to N to open up arena and VD.

High Elven Priestess should briefly explore DD, the CoC and hope these areas or Waldenbrook and the black market have an offensive spell for our priestess. Lightning would help best, but overall, we’re just going on luck here.

Orcish archer might be a huge problem for us, since healing is not an option. Has the archer already gone through Dwarftown? Something might be useful for us to use on that char.

Drakeling has the best chance, but he should fix piety just in case and ID his gear. AND he should find a better weapon and armor since he only has a pathetic 3 PV. He should also check Waldenbrok’s shop.

Trollish healer should work on getting more spenseweed at D:3. He should get random monster quest and do VDDL and Pyramid to see if anything interesting is there. Did Waldenbrook have any wands or slaying ammo in there?

Overall, we have a ton of work for our chars before we can even have a remote chance of killing that golem.

One important thing: We do have the ability to complete most of the dwarven quests: so I say we should do every quest needed to get Big Punch. However, this is a *huge* time stretch, which might run out our time clock. Remember, we need to save 500-750 turns to actually do the mission.

Any other ideas and suggestions?

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
the archer has not made it to DT yet the lvl below the Si wasn't DT and i wasn't sure on time count to get back out so i just booked it to the surface. does anyone have kill quest from DT yet and if so what mobs we looking at cause the arena might be a good way to go, gladius has [3,3] and would help a bit. if pyramid is open then probably everyone but the MC should make that a priority if they can get the lvls req'd to do it with ample time left. the archer might want to kill the carpenter for his hatchet and try to look out on some arrows of construct slaying or penetration if the priest can pull off taming a claw bug and lvl it decently that might allow her to deal decent damage to the golem and then be able to finish it off on her own. this will almost certianly require a healing spell of some kind as the only way my test was able to keep any pet alive was by caster cure light wounds on it.
This is going to be a very difficult mission and hopefully we can all come out on top. does the MC have any of his wands left from starting cause that acid one might be very helpful if we can find the golem with some space between us.

kapak44
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Fletchery takes hundreds of turns if the skill is applied to a log, which is the most efficient way of making ammo. The chances of getting slaying or penetrating ammo are far too low for such a tactic to work.

The mindcrafter still has its starting charges. However, it only has 2 charges in the acid wand and 2 charges in the lightning one, which will probably not be enough since steel golems shrug off bolts in an amazing rate.

Another possibility is the scythe of corruption, though uncursing it is a pain. It might be the best option for the chaos knight though.

Important note for those that are playing the mindcrafter: Mindcraft does NOT work on golems, so don't waste your PP on them.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 09:50 PM
might try using sticks then less time and less ammo but easier to get a hold of that or scumming barbs for arrows and hope to get lucky.

kapak44
01-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Sticks don't really produce enough ammo to be worth fletching. Maybe scumming barbs for ammo is the way to go here.

Ravenshire
01-29-2014, 10:01 PM
as for the CK someone one one of the other team brought up an interesting point of whether or not its possible to sac DT to try to get crowned not sure if we want to go that way with our CK as he has Tele and randomly jumping away from the alter into a hostile DT could be VERY VERY deadly.

i going to check how many turns it takes to get crowned selling food if we get a close alter near terinyo might be worth it but not sure.

kapak44
01-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Some further stuff for the Priestess:

I'm going to see if killing Hotzenplotz as soon as she gets an offensive spell is a worthwhile way to powerstart her, since she needs all of the level boosts as she can get.

Applied to all players:
If I have the time, I also plan to figure out how many wand charges we will need in order to kill that golem. That might help in order to figure out possible strategies for accomplishing mission 2.

Edit: Killing Hotzenplotz is indeed a valid powerstarting technique for our priestess, provided the right measures are taken. He went down in 3-4 shots. Basically, all you need is a bolt spell and you should be golden. Now testing how many wand charges it takes to kill that golem.

By the way, which characters would you prefer to take this time around?

Edit #2: It will take approximately 7 penetrating arrows to finish off a steel golem, if one wants to milk barbarians for arrows. Ideally the character should be able to survive ten rounds with the steel golem at close range, since the wand of teleport is not always an option for all of our characters.

Ravenshire
01-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Edit #2: It will take approximately 7 penetrating arrows to finish off a steel golem, if one wants to milk barbarians for arrows. Ideally the character should be able to survive ten rounds with the steel golem at close range, since the wand of teleport is not always an option for all of our characters.

which race/class combo were you able to test this on of this just a general thing.

kapak44
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
This was a high elven priest w/ Bless. So archer needs at least 7, other classes should aim for 11 penetrators/slayers.

Am testing out a game plan for the High elven priestess.

From what I heard from the other threads, acid spit *does* work, but it can take a good while. A teleport or two is *extremely* helpful for all characters. Speed Talents should be taken highly as well.

Can the others voice their opinion on this?

Ravenshire
01-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Drakeling spit CANT miss unless person is immune. if resistant damage is less but it will still always hit. pretty sure damage scales with lvl as well. from watching one of the other teams wizard run a good solid hit with lightning will pretty much kill the golem out right at our lvls so the MC wands should probably be blessed asap it took the wizard with lvl 9 Lbolt 10+ cast to get a hit but was a one shot when it landed. If the Drakeling can get enough speed would save the wands stock up on food to bloated (blessed stoma anyone) and just spit and kite you will kill it as long as nothing gets in your way. (wiz used a ring in the halls, got lucky and had a tension room so almost no spawns). ill try and work on an idea for the CK i have one thats already at the glade within 6k turns so i play around with that see if moonsickle is enough to deal with it.

Edit: Moonsickle was enough on my test DE CK it took me extra turns cause i tried to kill it without on an earlier go i needed about 3 prayers so we might have to sac up piety a bit but i was able to just stand and melee it with 34/5 stats was able to take about 3 hits before needing to pray.

Edit#2: might have an issue with Moon Sickle from what ive been reading its not guaranteed to be accessible. its generated between DT and the wall of flames so its completely possible that it might be after kelly in which case any hunting spent will be time wasted but i think the gamble is worth it if we can get it we should be able to kill the Golem on the CK at least.

Ravenshire
01-30-2014, 08:33 PM
ok i think id like to take the CK going to play him probably tomorrow if noone minds.

edit: small spoiler on mission 3. we will have 8k turns to complete and the hint is "you will have to make a great sacrifice"

kapak44
01-30-2014, 08:49 PM
I just did another test run with a high elven priest:

It took 3k turns for me to fully explore DD.
3k more turns to fully explore PC.
Fully exploring CoC will took 2k turns.
It took over 2k turns for me to get arrows of slaying. We should save 2.5k turns for barbarian scumming if we want to go that route.

Steel golem went down with 6 arrows of slaying.

My plan for the priestess: Briefly explore DD to search for offensive spell. If unsuccessful, check PC, but do not explore vault. If you have offensive spell, kill Hotzenplotz for a boost in levels. Be at the Coc Entrance by turn 5500 at the latest. Fully explore CoC up to Waldy. If nothing useful, scum wilderness for 2k turns or up to turn 8500 for slaying/penetration arrows (at least 10 if possible).

We definitely won't be able to hit lvl 13 in a 9000 turn time frame for our priest, so the Pyramid is out.

Attempt to kill golem, use prayers to refill life.

What do you think about this plan?

Ravenshire
01-30-2014, 10:18 PM
I just did another test run with a high elven priest:

It took 3k turns for me to fully explore DD.
3k more turns to fully explore PC.
Fully exploring CoC will took 2k turns.
It took over 2k turns for me to get arrows of slaying. We should save 2.5k turns for barbarian scumming if we want to go that route.

Steel golem went down with 6 arrows of slaying.

My plan for the priestess: Briefly explore DD to search for offensive spell. If unsuccessful, check PC, but do not explore vault. If you have offensive spell, kill Hotzenplotz for a boost in levels. Be at the Coc Entrance by turn 5500 at the latest. Fully explore CoC up to Waldy. If nothing useful, scum wilderness for 2k turns or up to turn 8500 for slaying/penetration arrows (at least 10 if possible).

We definitely won't be able to hit lvl 13 in a 9000 turn time frame for our priest, so the Pyramid is out.

Attempt to kill golem, use prayers to refill life.

What do you think about this plan?

looks good to me i would probably suggest if you manage to get an offensive spell go kill hotzenplotz asap, head to CoC try to rush DT as fast as possible however might suggest stopping to sac if you find an alter very near a vault. otherwise proceed to DT id stuff then check timer and see how things are play safe though if you have to clear something do it. i was just testing a CK was able to breeze through 3 vault IIRC and was still only just over 7k turns with Moon and stats to kill golem died exploring further to vortex tension room. was also able to get to very close piety in that time via close vault and tension room on same lvl.

edit: depending on spell and whats in bards shop kill master thief as well bow to aggro stand out side door and bolt to death if you think you can handle it but dont get careless.

Edit 2: any other input would be great

kapak44
01-31-2014, 03:52 AM
Iridia, Arbot, and Okitsgreat, any input? We need to decide who's doing what for our chars.

Ravenshire, maybe wait another day before starting to allow for other people's opinions.

Ravenshire
01-31-2014, 03:02 PM
yeah i dont want to start til we have other people chime in if we get to tomorrow night we might want to look at what to do with 3 missing team mates

Iridia
01-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Not missing, just a bit busy. :) I've been checking in. I don't really have a preference because I don't really feel too sure about being able to do this challenge with any character. But I'll give it my best shot, whatever I end up with.

Ravenshire
01-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Not missing, just a bit busy. :) I've been checking in. I don't really have a preference because I don't really feel too sure about being able to do this challenge with any character. But I'll give it my best shot, whatever I end up with.

if your not sure if you can take the golem it might be safer to just spend the turns lvling or trying to stabalize the big room looks like a lot of the other teams are having problems i know right now earth has 1 success and 3 deaths. i think water is at 3 deaths and 0 succeed not sure about the others.

kapak44
01-31-2014, 06:46 PM
As has been mentioned before, the Drakeling Mindcrafter is probably the easiest due to acid spit and wands. Steel golem should go down if you can get a teleportation spell or two. If you're not confident, you might have a decent chance if you take him.

After some *more* testing, a quick CoC dive takes 2k turns not a full dive. So that means that ideally we should be in Coc by turn 4500, which means we only have time for DD or Puppy cave for our priest.

Ravenshire
01-31-2014, 10:03 PM
probably not the ideal line to go but maybe a suggestion to save time going the chaotic route for healing takes about 1100 turns so this might allow enough time to also clear the PC and give us an exp boost you shouldnt lose you current alignment doing this as long as you dont drop it by other means, i followed this up with killing hotz to get back up to n- after dropping to nc killing healer

kapak44
01-31-2014, 10:22 PM
The priestess already had healing and herbalism-the DD is just here as an attempt to find an offensive spell. Currently doing more testing for the priestess.

Now that I've thought about it, archer should do arrow farming after exploring Dwarftown and the shop. Maybe he does first dwarven quest if easy to get literacy. Healer might want to do the same thing, after getting a missile weapon.

Ravenshire
01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
do you want me to go ahead and run the chaos knight tonight or give the team another day, next mission is posted on sunday

kapak44
02-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I say wait 6 more hours, then go. We can't wait for the others any longer.

Ravenshire
02-01-2014, 02:37 AM
going to let JellySlayer know that we have 2 that are MIA maybe we can get the new guy on as a replacement

edit: going to run the CK in the morning providing no one has commented about it

Ravenshire
02-01-2014, 03:45 PM
and the CK is dead... stupid lightning lizard hit me for half my health. wasnt able to get alot done really was diving for Moon Sickle was able to get that and was hoping to explore alittle more for an alter to try and get piety up. for the next player the stack of 11 cursed herbs is the spensweed. sorry guys wasnt expecting the lizard to hit that hard.

Arbot
02-02-2014, 12:56 AM
I'm here, I've been checking the thread just haven't posted yet. Looks like the CK is dead, I can't play the healer again so my options are the priest, archer or the mindcrafter. I would prefer either the Priest or the Mindcrafter just let me know which one to run. I'll start the run later tonight

Ravenshire
02-02-2014, 03:50 AM
yeah i messed up royally on the CK over estimated my strength so used to the way i play wasnt used to being so low level that far into CoC im normally lvl 12 or 13 by the time i even step into CoC

kapak44
02-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the CK, Ravenshire.

Final testing shows that steel golems shrugs wands (at least cold) off very frequently- you will probably need 10 or more charges to even stand a remote chance at killing the golem. Using slaying/penetration ammo is faster.

I will take the HE priest tomorrow, unless there is any objection.

Arbot, you should probably do the mindcrafter. Which leaves iridia and okitsgreat to decide who does the healer and archer.

Edit: HE priest adventure so far:
Went to DD for some quick leveling.
First kill was a goblin rockthrower.
Took very quick talent (to go with alert and quick) at level 3.
Altars were present at dungeon levels 3 and 5, but I did not convert them in the interest of time.
Found Spellbook of Divine Wrath at DD:5 which will be of big help to our priest.
Checked black market, which had spellbooks of Holy Awe and Disarm trap, a climbing set, and 2 potions of water. Killed hotzenplotz with our brand new Divine Wrath spell, gained a level and a talent, which was Greased Lightning.

Overall, we're off to a very good start! Steel golem is vulnerable to lightning, so we might be able to do this!

Ravenshire
02-02-2014, 02:11 PM
yeah judging from one of the other teams that got the wizard they needed about 15 casts of lightning bolt to get a hit if you manage to find bless you might get alittle more luck but i would suggest just trying to get lightning bolt as strong as possible and it shouldnt be to hard good job so far

kapak44
02-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Update:

Encountered barbarians and got a couple of arrow from them.
Neutral Altar at D:4.
Clear pool at D:5.
Big room was at D:6, did not stick around to pick herbs.
Found spellbook of cure light wounds, which improves priest’s odds of surviving.
Found orc vault at D:7. A climbing set is also on this level.
Took Long stride when I hit level 9.
D:8 contained an outlaw leader threat room, which took a long time for me to clear. Thank goodness for cure light wounds.
A brown pool was present on D:9. Also found heal on that level.
Undead lesser vault was present at D:10. Didn't finish it in the interest of time.
Was assigned a hill giant for the first dwarven quest. Waldenbrook’s shop had a long bow of accuracy, which I took. Found that I also had wands of ball lightning, acid, and digging in my inventory.

We are at 6563 turns. At this point, we have a couple of choices:

We can either take the time to clear the D:9 lesser vault, or go directly to wilderness to milk arrows from barbarians.

We can also try to get a wish from the two pools.

Or, we can try to take on golem using the wands we have and the Divine Wrath spell. I have 78 castings of Divine Wrath left, which may not be enough for the golem.

What do you guys think?

Okitsgreat, can you please report in?

Arbot
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately our mindcrafter did not make it, died to the mimic in the dwarftown shop. That bugger resisted 4-5 mindcraft attacks and then paralyzed though the mindcrafting shield. Nerf mimics

kapak44
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Sorry about the mindcrafter-there goes our best chance of getting a point.

Am at turn 8005 with only 2 penetrating arrows, wish me luck!

Oh screw me, I just lost 2 toughness from a wight threat room. On the other hand, I have an eternium halberd now.

Edit: Killed it! Literally used them both until they were lost! One point for us!

kapak44
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Ok folks, mission 2 accomplished for our priest! Turns out steel golem shrugged off all of my lightning attacks, so I had to use the 2 penetrating arrows that I got from the 3 groups of raiders!

Below is the code and save file!

Screenshot

..@........
.....T...

Buiavalaina St:16 Le:15 Wi:14 Dx:20 To: 9 Ch:13 Ap:18 Ma:19 Pe:16 L
DV/PV: 43/8 H: 63(63) P: 70(70) Exp: 11/29622 CCL M: 8392
Coward

Character Information

Buiavalaina St:16 Le:15 Wi:14 Dx:20 To: 9 Ch:13 Ap:18 Ma:19
Pe:16 L
DV/PV: 43/8 H: 63(63) P: 70(70) Exp: 11/29622 M: 8392

Background Information

Name: Buiavalaina Race: female High Elf Class: Priest
Eye color: amber Hair color: black Complexion: light
Height: 5'9" Weight: 112 pounds
Star sign: Cup Birthday: 29/Cup (day 269 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
As a child your parents cared a lot for you. Despite all
circumstances you enjoyed a happy and fine childhood.
As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and
generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value
the treasures of nature.
Your life as a young adult was characterized by steady
determination. Your goal lay clearly ahead of you and you never strayed
from your path.
You decided to become a Priest.

Weapon Skills

Unarmed fighting 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Daggers & knives 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Clubs & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Maces & flails 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 99
Swords 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 150
Axes 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Whips 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Pole arms 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Twohanded weapons 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22
Staves 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 22

Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Bows 4 +8 +6 +1 skilled 18
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10

Shields 1 +2 basic 37

Right hand: +3 bonus to hit, 1d7+4 damage

Ammunition: 1, base range: 13, +18 bonus to hit, 1d6+8 damage

Spells

Cure Disease : 147, 8pp (Effectivity: +1)
Cure Light Wounds: 127, 4pp (Effectivity: +8)
Divine Wrath : 31, 19pp (Effectivity: +6)
Farsight : 292, 17pp (Effectivity: +0)
Heal : 109, 40pp (Effectivity: +1)
Holy Awe : 216, 12pp (Effectivity: +0)
Light : 2, 5pp (Effectivity: +3)
Remove Curse : 220, 50pp (Effectivity: +0)
Revelation : 25, 57pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Poison : 98, 6pp (Effectivity: +2)

Skills

Climbing .................. 46 (fair) [+2d4]
Concentration .............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Detect item status ........100 (superb) [+2d4]
Dodge ..................... 40 (fair) [+1d5]
First aid .................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Haggling .................. 19 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Healing ...................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Herbalism ................. 80 (great) [+2d4]
Listening ................. 38 (fair) [+3d3]
Literacy ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Music ..................... 27 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Stealth ................... 37 (fair) [+1d5]

Inventory
Total weight: 1004 stones Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Head : -
Body : uncursed elven chain mail [+0, +5] [10s]
Cloak : uncursed leather cloak (+0, +1) [+1, +0] [40s]
Right Hand : uncursed mithril broadsword (+0, 1d7+7) [64s]
Left Hand : uncursed large mithril shield (-1) [+7, +2] [96s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of acid resistance [1s]
Left Ring : -
Gauntlets : uncursed black leather gauntlets [+0, +1] [10s]
Boots : uncursed leather boots [+0, +0] [25s]
Missile Weapon: uncursed long bow of accuracy (+8, +2) [30s]
Missiles : blessed penetrating arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]

Stuff

Total weight: 726 stones Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Shields ('[')
uncursed small adamantium shield (+1) [+6, +0] [36s]
Cloaks ('[')
uncursed light cloak [+1, +0] [20s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed mithril scimitar (+0, 1d8+3) [32s]
Two-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed eternium halberd (+11, 4d7+8) [-2, +0] [50s]
Missile weapons ('}')
uncursed long bow (+2, +2) [30s]
Missiles ('/')
uncursed adamantium arrow (+1, 1d6+6) [1s]
bundle of 4 uncursed mithril arrows (+0, 1d6+3) [8s]
bundle of 10 blessed arrows (+0, 1d6) [20s]
bundle of 2 blessed arrows (+0, 1d6+3) [4s]
cursed unerring arrow of thunder (+0, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 6 uncursed arrows (+1, 1d6) [12s]
uncursed weighted arrow (+0, 1d6+4) [2s]
uncursed arrow of darkness (+0, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 53 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [106s]
bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6+2) [4s]
cursed arrow (+0, 1d6+2) [2s]
uncursed winged arrow (+0, 1d6+3) [2s]
bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6+3) [4s]
blessed arrow (+1, 1d6+2) [2s]
bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+2, 1d6) [4s]
uncursed arrow of targeting (+6, 1d6) [2s]
cursed arrow of hunting (+0, 1d6) [2s]
cursed arrow of hunting (+2, 1d6) [2s]
uncursed arrow (+2, 1d6-1) [2s]
blessed arrow (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
blessed arrow (+2, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+3, 1d6) [4s]
bundle of 4 uncursed arrows of targeting (+9, 1d6) [8s]
bundle of 5 uncursed quarrels [5s]
Tools (']')
uncursed holy symbol [5s]
heap of 2 uncursed torches [20s]
heap of 3 uncursed sis [30s]
uncursed tiny key [1s]
blessed si [10s]
Instruments ('{')
uncursed glockenspiel [120s]
Rings ('=')
uncursed ring of gain attribute {Pe+1} [1s]
Wands ('\')
uncursed wand of trap creation (9 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of ball lightning (2 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of acid (3 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of digging (5 charges) [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 3 potions of holy water [12s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of healing [8s]
uncursed potion of invisibility [4s]
uncursed potion of insight [2s]
potion of unholy water [4s]
uncursed potion of balance [4s]
cursed potion of oil [2s]
Scrolls ('?')
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of light [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of identify [4s]
uncursed scroll of gold detection [2s]
uncursed scroll of uncursing [2s]
uncursed scroll of protection [2s]
Food ('%')
cursed morgia root [2s]
heap of 27 uncursed cooked lizards [81s]
Valuables ('$')
1931 gold pieces [19s]
Gems ('*')
blessed crystal of power [1s]

Killed Monsters

291 monsters perished under her attacks.

1 assassin
5 bandits
21 barbarians
5 barbarian leaders
1 berserker
1 berserker lord
1 big dog
2 black hurthlings
1 bugbear
1 carrion crawler
1 cave lizard
1 chaos plague bearer
1 claw bug
1 cloaked ratling
1 crime lord
1 dark elven warrior
1 displacer beast
1 doppelganger
1 eye of destruction
2 fire beetles
1 gelatinous cube
1 ghost
3 ghost bats
2 ghuls
5 giant bats
2 giant centipedes
1 giant lizard
1 giant raccoon
7 giant rats
1 gnoll
4 goblins
1 goblin berserker
6 goblin rockthrowers
3 goblin slavemasters
1 green worm
1 gremlin
1 griffon
2 half-orc bouncers
2 harpies
1 hippogriff
2 hobgoblins
1 hobgoblin leader
1 homunculus
1 huge bat
22 jackals
1 karmic lizard
10 kobolds
8 large bats
4 large kobolds
4 large orcs
1 large spider
2 lizard men
1 magebane eye
1 ogre
25 orcs
1 orc chieftain
8 orc scorchers
3 outlaws
37 outlaw leaders
1 owlbear
7 pit vipers
2 pixies
1 raider
6 rats
1 ratling fencer
1 ratling thief
1 ratling warrior
1 rattlesnake
11 skeletons
1 steel golem
4 swordsmen
15 wights
10 zombies

Achievements

She survived for 0 years, 13 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes and 38 seconds (8392
turns).
Buiavalaina visited 21 places.
Her strength score was modified by +2 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by -1 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by -2 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +2 during her career.

Playing Time

You played for 1 hour, 16 minutes and 39 seconds.

Version Information

Version 1.2.0
Windows Prerelease 20

Let me know if there are any problems in importing the save file.

Edit: We have the healer and archer left and only around 24 hours to finish them. Iridia and okitsgreat, please choose your characters and post the results.

Ravenshire
02-03-2014, 12:46 AM
GJ kapak44 at least we got one point archer should be a pretty easy if we can get some decent arrows on him.

@ iridia and okitsgreat: we need you guys to do your runs please next quest comes out on the 4th.

Iridia
02-03-2014, 02:51 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. Which ones are left now? I'll just flip a coin, I guess.

ETA: Okay, healer it is. I'll try my best.

kapak44
02-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Good luck Iridia! Make sure to look up my tips for the healer and priest when facing that steel golem.

Baranor *might* be joining us if okitsgreat doesn't report in the next several hours.

Iridia
02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Failed. Argh! Stupid RNG.

Things were going all right, just gathering up xp and items below Dwarftown, when I went down some stairs. Right next to said stairs was a ghost king. Do I need to explain what happened next? Unfortunately, ratlings are among the shortest-lived races, and it killed me in two turns. First I tried just going back up the stairs, hoping it hadn't noticed me, but it followed; then I tried wrenching a last charge out of the wand of teleportation, which didn't work. And then I was aged to death.

Before you ask: Yeah, it turns out I'd wandered straight into the Dwarven Halls without realizing. Usually you can see two sets of stairs, so you know that's where they start, but I guess one of them was hidden behind a secret door so I thought there was only one.

Even worse, I didn't notice until I reviewed the inventory that I had a scroll of teleportation which would've gotten me out of that jam. Probably, anyhow.

It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, though. The character started out wearing a crown of fire, which I lost from an ankheg's acid blast. Since the character's dead now, the next person will be re-starting from the mad minstrel's hut with that crown of fire still intact.

Arbot
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
i will most likely take the healer next round since I was the one who played him in the first round. hopefully the archer wins. I feel bad about the mindcrafter should have been doable but he is in a pretty bad state at the glade. Had problems in the orc vault in D4 and those are usually pretty easy

kapak44
02-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Yeah, the mindcrafter needed armor badly. Were you able to find some before your death? I might want to do him again for round 3 depending on what it is.

Who's going to do the archer if okitsgreat doesn't respond or we don't get a replacement in time?

Ravenshire
02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Who's going to do the archer if okitsgreat doesn't respond or we don't get a replacement in time?

its going to have to be one of you guys as i played him round one hoping we can pick up the new guy maybe if okitsgreat doesnt respond

Iridia
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
I'll be honest, I very nearly decided to pretend I had forgotten about the competition; I didn't want to fail and let you guys down. But as it turned out, failure is pretty normal with this particular challenge and I can't really hate myself for running into a ghost king.

So yeah, Otik, if you're sitting there thinking "I don't want to try this because I'll just mess up and let people down", don't worry; we're all messing up on it anyhow and you'd be in good company.

And if it happens that real life is too busy, well.. RL>game any day and we can't blame you for that either.

Arbot
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, the mindcrafter needed armor badly. Were you able to find some before your death? I might want to do him again for round 3 depending on what it is.

I didn't find anything of note in that orc vault other than some experience and some missile weapon marks

Baranor
02-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Any suggestions for the archer? It looks like he's got good speed 111 with his boots so should be able to run away from the golem. Seems like he needs some ammo and that's where the barbarians come in. Anything else that people think he needs? We had suggestions of going to Dwarftown to see what's down there. I could do that.

A bit of a surprise that he has no food! Should be manageable with the ratling traders.

Any further thoughts before I start?

Ravenshire
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
no sry i was playing him last and didnt realize he was so low on food. not used to doing speed runs so wasnt sure what kinda of time i was looking at to get back out so just ran stair to stair. i would suggest checking out DT and see whats their for a start maybe explore alittle below see if anything interesting pops up. other then that you should probably be able to milk barbs and easily kill the golem cause of your high speed

Baranor
02-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Just figured I would check in. I've gone into the CoC and got us some food. Big room now has an invisible Ogre Magus in it. With no healing, thoughts on whether it's worth the run across with our speed to see what's in Dwarftown or best to explore remaining CoC stuff and then scum Barbs for arrows and go kill this dude?

Ravenshire
02-04-2014, 12:02 AM
how many mobs are in the big room would you be able to make an unhindered room for the stairs(IIRC decent distance between them) or would you have to kill on your way

Baranor
02-04-2014, 12:05 AM
From what I can see with my orc perception, there are no monsters. I would expect a couple that we've left behind, but it shouldn't be too hard to rush to the stairs. It's about 20-25 steps.

And the same on the way back charging into the Ogre magus wherever he is.

Ravenshire
02-04-2014, 12:17 AM
id say go for it then.

and in the future ill try to do better at note taking so team knows where we stand in terms of things like the big room

Baranor
02-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Success! Milked barbarians for 2 non-stacking penetrating arrows and 2 stacking slaying arrows and it was just enough! First off this was the fastest mother f'ing steel golem ever. 107! What?! That meant that our speed advantage was almost nil. I made the mistake of running away from the steel golem while still Berserk from shooting, and a mummy got in a sickening blow before I realized. While running away from the steel golem after losing our first penetrating arrow and firing our second, the RNG decided to throw us a curve Animated Armor blocked the hallway. Sickened and with a steel golem 1 step behind, I resigned myself to my fate. I decided to go out in a blaze of glory firing the two stacking slaying arrows. The first missed and the golem was on top of us. I fired the next one looking to the the message bar to find out just how badly I had been creamed by the steel golem. "The steel golem is destroyed." ??? Holy crap. That really happened. It's one of the things that makes me love ADOM. Just when you think all is lost, every once in a while the game gives back what it has so often stolen. We walked out of the cave and to the glen with a single penetrating and slaying arrow. Not bad. I think it only took 5 hits to take out the golem all in all, but he hit really hard!

Below is the log.
Here are the non-log items that are important:
WE ARE SICK - I suggest scumming wilderness for barbarians until the sickness is gone.
I left a couple items in the SG cave (Extra Bows) and the Boring Cave (Climbing gear and thick gauntlets)
There is a pickaxe in the shop in dwarftown, but we are an orc so it costs 1000.
I also bought a wand of item detection to find the wand of teleportation in the Boring cave
It is on the far right directly in line above the C for Chaotic exactly in the middle of the screen. I believe 1 row above the top row of the room on the far right. Getting a pick axe and digging 2 or three squares directly right from the upper right corner of that room should net us the wand. If we have some time.
There are now some summoners in the big room a jackalwere and still the Ogre Magus which hit us for 20 as we crossed.
We have a metric tonne of arrows now. I think we should discard all other ones. We could probably discard the non stacking non-good arrows.

Screenshot

..@........
.....@...

Ravenshire St:17 Le: 7 Wi: 7 Dx:11 To:10 Ch: 8 Ap: 6 Ma: 6 Pe: 7 C
DV/PV: 40/12 H: 40(86) P: 30(30) Exp: 12/38665 CCL M: 11526
Sick Burdened Coward

Character Information

Ravenshire St:17 Le: 7 Wi: 7 Dx:11 To:10 Ch: 8 Ap: 6 Ma: 6 Pe: 7
C
DV/PV: 40/12 H: 40(86) P: 30(30) Exp: 12/38665 M: 11526

Background Information

Name: Ravenshire Race: male Orc Class: Archer
Eye color: brown Hair color: black Complexion: black
Height: 5'10" Weight: 194 pounds
Star sign: Wand Birthday: 3/Wand (day 63 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents belong to the middle class. They are average people
living in average quarters. Your father is a craftsman of mediocre talent.
In your childhood you were tortured by your cruel parents. They
seemed to thoroughly hate and despise you.
In your youth you enjoyed competition against others to the
fullest. You were a very active kid.
You decided to become an Archer.

Weapon Skills

Clubs & hammers 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 21
Maces & flails 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 96
Swords 3 +2 +1 +0 basic 26
Pole arms 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Staves 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15

Bows 7 +14 +10 +2 skilled 163
Crossbows 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 4
Thrown rocks & clubs 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 15

Shields 2 +4 basic 21

Right hand: +4 bonus to hit, 2d4+4 damage

Ammunition: 93, base range: 28, +36 bonus to hit, 1d6+18 damage

Skills

Alertness ............ 47 (fair) [+2d4]
Archery ..............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Backstabbing ......... 33 (fair) [+3d5]
Climbing ............. 66 (good) [+3d4]
Concentration ........ 39 (fair) [+4d5]
Dodge ................ 75 (great) [+1d5]
Find weakness ........ 79 (great) [+1d5]
First aid ............ 34 (fair) [+3d5]
Fletchery ............ 35 (fair) [+4d5] (mr)
Haggling ............. 24 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Listening ............ 46 (fair) [+3d4]
Metallurgy ........... 9 (poor) [+3d5]
Mining ............... 7 (poor) [+3d5]
Stealth .............. 42 (fair) [+4d4]

Inventory
Total weight: 1429 stones Carrying capacity: 1800 stones

Head : orcish helmet [+1, +2] {Pe-2} [100s]
Neck : glass amulet [3s]
Body : mithril ring mail (-1, -1) [-1, +5] [240s]
Cloak : light cloak [+1, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : adamantium flail (+0, 2d4+8) [108s]
Left Hand : medium shield [+3, +4] [100s]
Right Ring : wooden ring [1s]
Left Ring : ring of defense +1 [1s]
Bracers : brass bracers [10s]
Gauntlets : white gauntlets [10s]
Boots : boots of speed [+2, +0] (+8 spd) [20s]
Missile Weapon: short bow (+1, +2) [20s]
Missiles : bundle of 93 arrows (+0, 1d6) [186s]

Stuff

Total weight: 610 stones Carrying capacity: 1800 stones

Armor ('[')
elven chain mail [+0, +3] [10s]
Gauntlets ('[')
gloves [6s]
Necklaces (''')
brass amulet [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
mithril scimitar (+0, 1d8+3) [32s]
Two-handed weapons ('(')
scythe [80s]
Missile weapons ('}')
short bow [20s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 2 quarrels (+1, 2d6) [4s]
throwing knife [8s]
bundle of 4 arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [8s]
bundle of 15 arrows (+0, 1d6) [30s]
arrow of thunder (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
bundle of 6 arrows (+0, 1d6+3) [12s]
bundle of 12 quarrels [24s]
quarrel [2s]
arrow (-2, 1d6+2) [2s]
bundle of 2 arrows (+0, 1d6-2) [4s]
arrow of darkness (+0, 1d6-2) [2s]
winged arrow (+0, 1d6-2) [2s]
bundle of 5 arrows (+2, 1d6) [10s]
bundle of 2 unbalanced arrows (-8, 1d6) [4s]
bundle of 16 arrows (+0, 1d6) [32s]
arrow (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
bundle of 3 arrows of darkness (+0, 1d6) [6s]
bundle of 5 arrows (+3, 1d6) [10s]
bundle of 3 balanced arrows (+4, 1d6) [6s]
bundle of 2 arrows of thunder (+0, 1d6) [4s]
arrow of targeting (+6, 1d6) [2s]
arrow (+1, 1d6+1) [2s]
bundle of 2 arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [4s]
arrow of thunder (-3, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 16 arrows (-2, 1d6) [32s]
arrow (+0, 1d6-1) [2s]
arrow (-3, 1d6) [2s]
arrow (+1, 1d6) [2s]
winged arrow (+0, 1d6-3) [2s]
arrow (+0, 1d6+3) [2s]
arrow (-2, 1d6+3) [2s]
bundle of 2 arrows (+0, 1d6+2) [4s]
arrow of hunting (+0, 1d6) [2s]
arrow (+3, 1d6-2) [2s]
penetrating arrow (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
delicate arrow (-3, 1d6) [2s]
delicate arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]
barbed arrow (-1, 1d6+6) [2s]
arrow of slaying (+0, 1d6) [2s]
winged arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]
Tools (']')
heap of 2 bandages [4s]
bandage [2s]
round key [1s]
heap of 3 strange items [30s]
holy symbol [5s]
Rings ('=')
brass ring [1s]
iron ring [1s]
agate ring [1s]
ring of defense +1 [1s]
electrum ring [1s]
Wands ('\')
bronze wand [3s]
wand of acid (0 charges) [4s]
wand of ball lightning (3 charges) [4s]
oak wand [3s]
willow wand [3s]
wand of item detection (0 charges) [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 2 speckled potions [8s]
milky potion [4s]
heap of 3 watery potions [12s]
rusty potion [4s]
watery potion [4s]
gray potion [2s]
milky potion [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
heap of 2 scrolls of identify [4s]
scroll of identify [2s]
scroll of uncursing [2s]
scroll labeled "MUNCH MUNCH" [2s]
scroll labeled "MKMNFST" [2s]
scroll of defense [2s]
Food ('%')
frog legs [2s]
heap of 2 strange herbs [4s]
heap of 5 strange herbs [10s]
heap of 4 strange herbs [8s]
heap of 3 strange herbs [6s]
heap of 15 cooked lizards [45s]
Valuables ('$')
942 gold pieces [9s]

Killed Monsters

513 monsters perished under his attacks.

1 ankheg
1 assassin
6 bandits
33 barbarians
9 barbarian leaders
2 berserkers
1 big dog
1 black hurthling
1 brown bear
5 bugbears
2 carrion crawlers
1 cave bear
5 cave fishers
1 caveman
2 chaos lizards
1 chaos sister
1 dark elven warrior
1 dark elven wizard
1 dark orc
9 dire wolves
1 displacer beast
4 doppelgangers
6 fire beetles
2 fire lizards
1 flesh golem
1 ghost
7 ghuls
2 giant ant warriors
1 giant ant worker
6 giant bats
3 giant bee warriors
7 giant bee workers
5 giant centipedes
2 giant lizards
1 giant raccoon
8 giant rats
2 giant spiders
1 gibbering mouther
2 gnolls
12 goblins
2 goblin chieftains
14 goblin rockthrowers
2 goblin slavemasters
1 gray ooze
1 green hag
1 green slime
2 gremlins
2 griffons
1 healer
1 hell hound
4 hippogriffs
19 hobgoblins
3 hobgoblin leaders
5 huge bats
2 imps
23 jackals
2 jackalweres
1 karmic lizard
38 kobolds
1 kobold chieftain
15 kobold shamans
9 large bats
40 large dogs
1 large gnoll
23 large kobolds
7 large spiders
2 least daemons
7 lizard men
1 mimic
2 minotaurs
1 mist wolf
1 mummy
1 necromancer
1 ochre jelly
2 ogres
28 orcs
2 orc chieftains
6 orc scorchers
1 outlaw
8 pit vipers
4 rabid dogs
4 rats
4 ratling archers
6 ratling thieves
1 ratling warrior
1 silver wolf
3 skeletons
1 staring eye
1 steel golem
1 stone snake
3 swordsmen
4 tarantulas
1 wererat
1 werewolf
1 white baby dragon
19 wolves
24 zombies

Baranor
02-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Also, second water in inventory is holy.
Second set of 2 herbs is a good herb of some sort. Others are bad and should not be used.

kapak44
02-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Nice job Baranor! So that makes us 2/5 for this challenge-which is fairly ok for us.

I will report our scores in the main thread.

Ravenshire
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
NICE so glad the hunter made it good job baranor. sickness is pretty easy to deal with just have to stay fed and well be fine.
have you started either of the dwarf quests or do we need to be N or L for those

Baranor
02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes. I did start both of them. That's how we got the holy water. He wants us to kill a Minotaur.

Also, I forgot that i dropped 40 cooked lizards next to the steps down to the big room for weight reasons. We have 20 or so for food in our pack now.

Sorry for a bit of bad news, there is also a vortex in the big room somewhere. I haven't seen it yet.

Baranor
02-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Any thoughts on the next challenge?

Big Sacrifice?

Could it be getting crowned? That seems like a tight window.

Thoughts?

Ravenshire
02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
are there any areas that completing could cause us to lose access to something else in the game that or we have to rush past kelly thus sacrificing any hope at ult ending

Baranor
02-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't think so. He can't be expecting an ultra ending the access to it is so contingent on a variety of factors. I wonder if we have to go get the Ring of the high kings and sacrifice it. Thus setting up a showdown with the eternal guardian.

Ravenshire
02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I don't think so. He can't be expecting an ultra ending the access to it is so contingent on a variety of factors. I wonder if we have to go get the Ring of the high kings and sacrifice it. Thus setting up a showdown with the eternal guardian.

yeah that would be a pretty huge sacrifice

kapak44
02-05-2014, 08:35 AM
General notice to the entire team that I will be out of town until the 9th, so my responses may be a bit slow with regards to this challenge. If we are allowed the ID in mission 3, I *might* want to do the Chaos Knight.

Ravenshire
02-05-2014, 03:57 PM
If we are allowed the ID in mission 3, I *might* want to do the Chaos Knight.
i would guess that ID and SMC are going to be off limits for all the missions

if were looking at having to get crowned does anyone know what the piety lvls are for the 2 chars that survived this mission or for the ones that are starting at the glade.
i know the CK is a ground rumbling so he has a ways to go

kapak44
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Priest is at "very pleased" last time I checked.

Mindcrafter is at ground rumbles.

Baranor
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I didn't use any prayers with the Archer so I don't have any idea. There is an altar in the CoC that we could convert to allow us to do some quick sacrificing.

Baranor
02-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Mission 3: Sacrifice

Objectives:
-Satisfy the Demented Ratling by giving him 6 artifacts and receiving the location of the ancient stone circle
-Save the game in Dwarftown immediately after giving the Ratling the final artifact. *Note* there is presently a bug in pre20 where the ratling will not accept artifact gauntlets. This may be important to keep in mind.
-Must be completed within 8000 turns. Due to the added difficulties that may result from their class, Chaos Knights will have an extra 2000 turns (i.e 10000 total).
-PCs who died in mission 2 will have 12000 turns (14000 for CK)
-PCs who died in missions 1 AND 2 will have 16000 turns (18000 for CK)

Forbidden Areas:
-SMC/UD
-ID
-BugWil
-Any CoC level below Khelevaster
-Assassin Guild

Mission 4 will be assigned on February 10th, or when all teams have attempted Mission 3, whichever comes first. You may begin at any time.

Baranor
02-06-2014, 03:56 AM
Hooray! Easy challenge is easy! As long as we are careful, this should not pose much of a problem.

Artifacts that should be easy to get for any character:
Potion of Literacy (1st Thundrarr quest) (Available to any character that does not have literacy)
Big Punch (5th Thundrarr quest)
Golden Gladius (20th fight in arena)
Ankh (Mummy, Level 13 and above)
Ancient Mummy Wrapping (Mummy, Level 13 and above)
Phial of Caladriel (Gremlin cave)
Ancient Scythe (Sometimes above Khelevaster)
Sword of Nonnak (Griffyard)

That's 8 assuming we don't find any random ones along the way. Did anyone take the Druid quest? That would give us access to another if we wanted. Any other thoughts?
I don't think we should try for the Dark Forge. Teleport raiding there is much more dangerous now.

Woot! We get to keep the gauntlets!

I am willing to take the character no one wants to play. I feel I can be successful with any character. I do think this is going to be a strong round for all teams. We will need a 4 or 5 in this round to stay competitive. It's nowhere near as difficult as the last round. Of course now that I say that, I'll be the first to fail this round.

kapak44
02-06-2014, 04:20 AM
Satisfying the ratling also means that we have to be chaotic: Something that will not be easy for all of our characters. This also means that crowning is most likely not an option.

First thing everyone should do is to go to Thundrarr and get first quest if possible, as well as the griffyard quest. Then, attempt to the phial and do griffyard quest, maybe digging up tombs to get us to chaotic. We then do the Pyramid to get the artifacts, and then the arena (19 fights). At this point, if we can't get the literacy potion, we go straight up to Khelly's level to try to find moon sickle. Failing that, we do the other quests.

Any thoughts on this plan?

Currently doing a test run to see how long it takes for a typical archer to accomplish the artifact runs:
It takes ~600 turns to get to Dwarftown from the Mad ministrel's hut, assuming that the levels have been explored. Every one of our characters start out from at least the Mad ministrel's hut.
We need ~500 turns to get to the Gremlin cave. It might take up to 1000 turns to get the phial and leave, depending on how lucky we are with gremlins.

Still working on the other locations.

Baranor
02-06-2014, 04:36 AM
It's easy to become chaotic with any character. Dwarves follow you off of the dwarf town level all the time. Once they are off the level, kill them. As long as they are not the priest, they will not return from the dead to make the town angry with you. It typically takes me a dwarf or two to do it.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE ARTIFACT QUEST BEFORE YOU GIVE THE DEMENTED RATLING AN ARTIFACT!

I have been in such a hurry before that I have given an artifact before 'C'hatting with him. He eats the artifact and calls you a fool, then when you chat demands the full 6.

kapak44
02-06-2014, 04:51 AM
There's also Rolf's companion for our priestess if she visits the mystic, since she is lawful. Don't know how we're going to be able to get her teleport control though easily.

Priestess and other classes (maybe healer) that have taken the druid's quest should kill Keethrax to get the black torc. Easiest class might be the priest.

Arbot
02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
healer has the druid quest open so it looks like I'll be going for:

Torc
Golden Gladius
Big punch
Scythe
Sword of Nonnak

probably hold on to the pyramid items if I can get that done as well

Baranor
02-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Who's taking what? Remember, you can't do the one you did last time.

Ravenshire
02-06-2014, 03:48 PM
i think id like to try the priest this round i fill that i should be able to handle this round fairly easily.

from what it looks like we have easy access to 5 artifacts with the druid quest open but that still means we lose one of the items from the pyramid unless we either find and artifact randomly or we get crowned or pre crowned. those that dont have the druid quest will likely have to lose at least 1 item from the pyramid if not both.

any thoughts on this.

Baranor
02-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Looks like here are the current requests in:
Ravenshire - Priest
Arbot - Healer
Kapak - Chaos Knight (If you still want to do this)
Baranor - If the above holds, I have the Mindcrafter
Iridia - Archer

Does this look good to everyone for this round? I know we have some out of towners, but if we can settle the roles, others can get their runs started.

Ravenshire
02-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Looks like here are the current requests in:
Ravenshire - Priest
Arbot - Healer
Kapak - Chaos Knight (If you still want to do this)
Baranor - If the above holds, I have the Mindcrafter
Iridia - Archer

Does this look good to everyone for this round? I know we have some out of towners, but if we can settle the roles, others can get their runs started.

looks great for me going to run DD first for the troc and the frost bolt book or is gardening better to get. then probably look into maybe giffyard then pyramid from the testing ive done i dont think well be able to finish DT kill quest unless we luck out in the pyramid fight and get a hill giant to show up there. wilderness can generate them once we hit about lvl 15 or so. after pyramid hopefully ill have a light source and can do gremlin cave and arena this should give us enough artifacts to finish the quest but were probably going to lose both AMW and Ankh.

whats anyone thoughts on this route or have suggestions. might run arena first cause priest is training swords IIRC so gladius would help until we need to sac it.

edit: two more artifacts that are available are the crown of science and the shield of raw steel if we feel anyone can handle the golems in DF keep in mind as of 1.2 tele control doesnt help much in DF so you will have to fight at least most of the golems if not all of them.

kapak44
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I would like to take the archer if possible actually.

Baranor
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I didn't write those in because we CANNOT survive the golems. We had 2 characters make it through 1 golem both barely and none of the characters is particularly beefy for a retry. We'll have to stick with our current options. The chaos knight I believe cannot receive some of the artifacts because he's a CK, so that may be a lost cause unless a random drop somewhere.

Baranor
02-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Ok, Update.

Ravenshire - Priest
Arbot - Healer
Kapak - Archer
Baranor - Mindcrafter or Chaos Knight
Iridia - Mindcrafter or Chaos Knight

I think the first 3 can go do their runs now. I'll wait for a bit to see if Iridia has any specific request.

Ravenshire
02-08-2014, 03:28 PM
ok going to start the priest today going to head for DD first and get the troc turn in for power for the frost bolt book
from there ill head to the arena and get the gladius and use that to clear to Moonsickle and then head back up to giffyard and grab SoN and hopefully the gauntlets by then i should be lvl 13 so off to the pyramid for the AMW and Ankh

any input on this route would be appreciated

kapak44
02-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Since you have the light spell (which can damage gremlins) you might want to do the gremlin cave to get the phial at some point in your quest.

Ravenshire
02-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Since you have the light spell (which can damage gremlins) you might want to do the gremlin cave to get the phial at some point in your quest.

when i looked at the save i dont remember there being alot of casting left of it unless you have a stock pile of books somewhere that has a light book in it

kapak44
02-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I do have a stockpile-It's either in the coc or dd. I forgot where.

Edit: Check DD:5.

Edit #2: Baranor, how far did our archer go in Coc?

kapak44
02-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Archer apparently went to dwarftown, which is D:10.

Converted a D:11 altar to Chaotic thanks to a tension room of dark elven lords, got up to lucky piety level (had to use a lot of piety to cure poison and heal up).

Stairs to forest was at D:13, which also contained a river. Couldn't find the ancient scythe, which could be on the opposite side. Have about 5000 turns left, what should I do?

Edit: Killed Rhetep, am at graveyard to attempt to get sword of Nonnak, but have only 2k turns. Mission will probably be a failure.

Edit #3: Have the sword of nonnak, took out griff bloodax after using another prayer for healing, have only 1.3k turns to get phial. Should I wrench the last charge of the wand of item detection to get the phial? Managed to complete first dwarven quest and 17 arena fights, so I might actually be able to complete the mission. What should I do folks?

Ravenshire
02-10-2014, 12:31 AM
i wouls probably say try to rush the phial then finish arena and hope we can get to finish dwarf quests if not then i guess we just have some artifacts that the other teams dont although im guessing well have to get to the stone circle on one of the mission. probably the one that hints "you knew this was coming"

kapak44
02-10-2014, 01:47 AM
The good news: Mission 3 has been completed with 320 turns to spare!

The bad news: We gave a lot of good artifacts to complete this mission.

They are:
The ancient mummy wrapping
The ankh
The phial of Caladriel
The golden gladius (opponent was li hon kay, which was easy due to ancient mummy wrapping)
The potion of literacy
The sword of Nonnak.

We also lost a lot of piety and time due to poisoning and massive damage. Did manage to get the teleportation wand before I did the pyramid, and discovered that this character had wands of digging.

Overall, the position of our archer is really worrying, as the archer has basically nothing in terms of healing or methods of identification.

Log:

Screenshot

########
#''[(%]#
..#][((=(# ..........##### #.............
....#(]%[?\#..............#..&#.../ #..........# /...............
#....#*.*%??#..............#...#...# #..........# #................#
#.....#...[([#..............#...#...# #..........# #................#
#.....##/#####..............###/#...##########..........# #................#
#................................................. ......#######................#
#...<.................................................. .....................>..#
#................................................. .............................#
#........###/###.......####........................######/##...................#
##.......#.....#.......# #........................#...@...#................ ...#
#.......#.....#.......# #........................#.......#................ ...#
#.....#.._..#.......# #........................#..h.@..#................ .#
....# ... #........ ..........................#...r...#...........
..........................#########
#############
Ravenshire St:19 Le: 9 Wi:10 Dx:16 To:16 Ch: 8 Ap: 6 Ma: 6 Pe: 8 C
DV/PV: 30/4 H: 135(135) P: 33(33) Exp: 14/93949 D: 10 M: 19216

Character Information

Ravenshire St:19 Le: 9 Wi:10 Dx:16 To:16 Ch: 8 Ap: 6 Ma: 6 Pe: 8
C
DV/PV: 30/4 H: 135(135) P: 33(33) Exp: 14/93949 M: 19216

Background Information

Name: Ravenshire Race: male Orc Class: Archer
Eye color: brown Hair color: black Complexion: black
Height: 5'10" Weight: 194 pounds
Star sign: Wand Birthday: 3/Wand (day 63 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents belong to the middle class. They are average people
living in average quarters. Your father is a craftsman of mediocre talent.
In your childhood you were tortured by your cruel parents. They
seemed to thoroughly hate and despise you.
In your youth you enjoyed competition against others to the
fullest. You were a very active kid.
You decided to become an Archer.

Weapon Skills

Clubs & hammers 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 21
Maces & flails 5 +3 +2 +1 skilled 66
Swords 3 +2 +1 +0 basic 26
Pole arms 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15

Bows 8 +16 +12 +2 excellent 43
Crossbows 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 4
Thrown rocks & clubs 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 15

Shields 5 +10 skilled 67

Right hand: +30 bonus to hit, 2d4+16 damage

Ammunition: 24, base range: 28, +64 bonus to hit, 1d6+27 damage

Skills

Alertness ............ 52 (good) [+1d5]
Archery ..............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Backstabbing ......... 61 (good) [+2d4]
Climbing ............. 66 (good) [+3d4]
Concentration ........ 39 (fair) [+4d5]
Dodge ................ 89 (great) [+1d5]
Find weakness ........ 89 (great) [+1d5]
First aid ............ 58 (good) [+3d4]
Fletchery ............ 35 (fair) [+4d5] (mr)
Haggling ............. 24 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Listening ............ 66 (good) [+2d4]
Metallurgy ........... 9 (poor) [+3d5]
Mining ............... 16 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Stealth .............. 58 (good) [+3d5]

Inventory
Total weight: 1139 stones Carrying capacity: 2100 stones

Head : uncursed rusty orcish helmet [+1, +2] {Pe-2} [100s]
Body : -
Cloak : uncursed hooded cloak [+1, +0] [40s]
Right Hand : adamantium flail (+0, 2d4+8) [108s]
Left Hand : medium adamantium shield [+7, +2] [72s]
Right Ring : wooden ring [1s]
Left Ring : ring of defense +1 [1s]
Bracers : brass bracers [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed gloves [+0, +0] [6s]
Boots : boots of speed [+2, +0] (+8 spd) [20s]
Missile Weapon: short bow (+1, +2) [20s]
Missiles : bundle of 24 arrows (+0, 1d6) [48s]

Stuff

Total weight: 713 stones Carrying capacity: 2100 stones

Armor ('[')
mithril ring mail (-1, -1) [-1, +5] [240s]
Cloaks ('[')
light cloak [+1, +0] [20s]
Necklaces (''')
glass amulet [3s]
brass amulet [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
mithril scimitar (+0, 1d8+3) [32s]
mithril sabre (+0, 1d6+8) [24s]
pick axe [75s]
Missile weapons ('}')
cursed short bow [20s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 3 arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [6s]
arrow of thunder (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
uncursed arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 4 arrows (+2, 1d6) [8s]
arrow (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
bundle of 3 arrows (+3, 1d6) [6s]
bundle of 2 balanced arrows (+4, 1d6) [4s]
arrow of thunder (+0, 1d6) [2s]
arrow of targeting (+6, 1d6) [2s]
arrow (+1, 1d6+1) [2s]
bundle of 2 arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [4s]
arrow (+1, 1d6) [2s]
arrow (+0, 1d6+3) [2s]
arrow of hunting (+0, 1d6) [2s]
penetrating arrow (+0, 1d6+1) [2s]
arrow of slaying (+0, 1d6) [2s]
winged arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]
Tools (']')
heap of 2 bandages [4s]
bandage [2s]
round key [1s]
holy symbol [5s]
Rings ('=')
brass ring [1s]
heap of 2 rusty iron rings [2s]
rusty agate ring [1s]
ring of defense +1 [1s]
rusty electrum ring [1s]
bronze ring [1s]
Wands ('\')
rusty bronze wand [3s]
wand of acid (0 charges) [4s]
wand of ball lightning (3 charges) [4s]
wand of digging (1 charge) [3s]
willow wand [3s]
wand of item detection (0 charges) [3s]
rusty wand of teleportation (1 charge) [4s]
wand of door creation [3s]
brass wand [4s]
wand of digging [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 2 speckled potions [8s]
milky potion [4s]
heap of 6 watery potions [24s]
rusty potion [4s]
gray potion [2s]
milky potion [4s]
brown potion [2s]
Food ('%')
heap of 4 devil's roses [8s]
curaria mancox herb [2s]
heap of 4 strange herbs [8s]
heap of 3 strange herbs [6s]
heap of 10 cooked lizards [30s]
Valuables ('$')
7699 gold pieces [76s]
Gems ('*')
white gem [1s]

Killed Monsters

860 monsters perished under his attacks.

1 ankheg
2 assassins
7 bandits
33 barbarians
9 barbarian leaders
2 berserkers
1 big dog
2 black hurthlings
1 brown bear
7 bugbears
2 carrion crawlers
1 cave bear
6 cave fishers
1 caveman
2 chaos lizards
1 chaos sister
1 claw bug
3 corpse fiends
1 dark elven archer
28 dark elven lords
2 dark elven warriors
2 dark elven wizards
1 dark orc
1 dark sage
15 dire wolves
5 displacer beasts
4 doppelgangers
1 dwarf
6 fire beetles
4 fire lizards
1 fire vortex
2 flesh golems
2 ghosts
1 ghost bat
22 ghuls
2 giant ant warriors
1 giant ant worker
7 giant bats
26 giant bee warriors
10 giant bee workers
5 giant centipedes
4 giant lizards
2 giant raccoons
17 giant rats
3 giant spiders
1 gibbering mouther
4 gnolls
15 goblins
2 goblin chieftains
15 goblin rockthrowers
2 goblin slavemasters
1 gray ooze
2 green hags
1 green slime
4 gremlins
2 griffons
1 healer
2 hell hounds
4 hippogriffs
19 hobgoblins
3 hobgoblin leaders
1 homunculus
5 huge bats
1 hyena
3 imps
70 jackals
2 jackal demons
5 jackalweres
1 karmic lizard
40 kobolds
3 kobold chieftains
15 kobold shamans
10 large bats
40 large dogs
2 large gnolls
24 large kobolds
1 large orc
1 large rust monster
10 large spiders
3 least daemons
1 leucrotta
9 lizard men
1 margoyle
1 mimic
3 minotaurs
1 mist wolf
8 mummies
1 mummy lord
1 necromancer
1 ochre jelly
3 ogres
2 ogre magi
32 orcs
1 orc butcher
3 orc chieftains
6 orc scorchers
1 outlaw
23 pit vipers
4 rabid dogs
18 rats
4 ratling archers
1 ratling fencer
6 ratling thieves
2 ratling warriors
1 rust monster
14 shadows
1 shadow lord
1 silver wolf
13 skeletons
1 slow shadow
1 spectre
1 staring eye
1 steel golem
1 stone snake
4 swordsmen
5 tarantulas
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker
1 viper
2 wererats
4 werewolves
1 white baby dragon
7 wights
65 wolves
1 wraith
42 zombies

Achievements

He survived for 0 years, 56 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes and 34 seconds (19216
turns).
Ravenshire visited 34 places.
His strength score was modified by -1 during his career.
His learning score was modified by +1 during his career.
His toughness score was modified by +1 during his career.
His perception score was modified by -1 during his career.
He was unnaturally aged by 5 years.
He was the champion of the arena.

Playing Time

You played for 4 hours, 33 minutes and 20 seconds.

Version Information

Version 1.2.0
Windows Prerelease 20

Ravenshire
02-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Bad news for the priest giff bloodaxe decided that he didnt like our armor at all and preceeded to punch through it multiple times. was able to acquire moonsickle golden gladius and black troc so was heading for the giff yard and was doing good. completed the first thundarr quest via are 20th fight and was looking for the AF or DH and first lvl of DH had iron golem tension room so decided to back off. foolishly climbed out of CoC without portal quest so had to dive back in. this took up about 500+ turns at least so was rushing slightly when i got the the graveyard still wasnt lvl 13 so couldnt get into the pyramid which is what i would have like to do first. got to nonark and first mob in the hall was Giff so i tried to lure him out and lose him in the maze then make a dash for his grave (a tactic that has worked many times in the past) but even with our boosted speed the priest decided that every pit trap she could find she wanted to fall in so giff stayed with us. wasted MANY prayers trying to stay alive from his relentless attacks hitting me for anywhere from a quarter to half my health in a single round. i zap a few wands of acid and cold to try and open a lane and make a mad dive to his grave but end up dying to a nice giant axe in the back of my head.
sry guys just not in the cards for the priest this time.
ps wasnt able to attempt gremlin cave cause we only had a single casting of the light spell and no other light sources.

kapak44
02-10-2014, 02:22 AM
You didn't find my stockpile of books at DD:5? It had a spellbook of light. Sorry to hear about the priest.

Ravenshire
02-10-2014, 03:29 AM
no i didnt find that one i found the one near DT in CoC but didnt see one in DD at all

Baranor
02-10-2014, 03:44 AM
One for 2 so far. Do we have a check in from the final two members. I will be doing mine tomorrow probably if no one has selected.

kapak44
02-10-2014, 03:55 AM
Iridia and Arbot, could we get an update?

Baranor
02-11-2014, 05:02 AM
That's not good. I will probably take on the chaos knight and we can hope we get these guys to check in. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

kapak44
02-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Second request for an update Iridia and Arbot. We have less than 24 hours to finish mission 3.

Baranor
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Do we want me to take one that we feel we can finish?

kapak44
02-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Finish your chaos knight run first, them we'll decide.

Ravenshire
02-11-2014, 07:58 PM
just an update and something ive noticed and not sure if anyone can confirm but it seems that at the top lvl of the pyramid you will meet your quest mob for Thundarr's first quest. i noticed in team earths thread gordon meet the grizzy that he needed and in 2 play thrus that ive been doing ive meet both of the mobs that hes asked me for the first one was a slow shadow on a drake paladin the second was a shadow troll on my current HE assassin so i think its something TB added in when he changed the way Thundarr's kill quest decided the mob you needed to kill.
like i said though not 100% positive on this but its something to think about while were working on the other chars.

Baranor
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Sorry guys. Got a little casual with our CK and attacked a chaos lizard. I decided to go berserker to try to finish, but died to rehetep. Damn. I'm not sure he could have finished anyways. That task is hard for a chaos knight at our level. It took me until Turn 15000 to just get to level 13.

kapak44
02-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear that.

How confident are you about the healer and mindcrafter? Enough to double up? Let me know of your preferences, and fast, since we have less than three hours left.

Ravenshire
02-11-2014, 10:40 PM
currently playing a HE Assassin i have gotten both pre-crowned and crowned, gifts were scorched spear for pre-crown and serpents bite for crowning. in the process of raiding dark forge and found wyrmlance in the weapons cache so im curious what you guys think i should use as a weapon. i have access to perma invis via a ring of invis and i have maxed out find weakness, back stabbing, and stealth.

JellySlayer
02-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear that.

How confident are you about th
e healer and mindcrafter? Enough to double up? Let me know of your preferences, and fast, since we have less than three hours left.

you can't double up

kapak44
02-11-2014, 11:24 PM
you can't double up

Sorry about that. Never mind about that then.

Iridia and Arbot, unless I hear an update immediately, I'm going to start looking for replacements to avoid losing 2 further points, as we are technically out of time.

currently playing a HE Assassin i have gotten both pre-crowned and crowned, gifts were scorched spear for pre-crown and serpents bite for crowning. in the process of raiding dark forge and found wyrmlance in the weapons cache so im curious what you guys think i should use as a weapon. i have access to perma invis via a ring of invis and i have maxed out find weakness, back stabbing, and stealth.

Wyrmlance-for the ACW.

Yinghei
02-11-2014, 11:28 PM
You're free to join Team Mana, since we have 2 MIAs and no reliable way of completing the last two characters in a feasible time frame.

Ok Kapak, if it is allowed, I can take one of those characters. Could you link the save file I should play from?

kapak44
02-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Welcome Yinghei!

You should try the mindcrafter, since Iridia, the guy who is supposed to play it, has not responded since the start of the challenge. Check Post #60 for the save.

Also, check the suggestions I have made. After getting piety, go to Dwarftown to get the first dwarf quest. Arena and pyramid might help you complete the first quest. I believe the mindcrafter has 12k turns for this challenge-use them wisely.

Edit: can someone update our team scoreboard in the spreadsheet in the main thread?

Yinghei
02-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks! I will give it my best :)

Baranor
02-12-2014, 12:23 AM
We are still short one. Can we double up if our first attempt was already a failure? Theoretically it amounts to the same thing, but each person can only succeed once.

kapak44
02-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Jellyslayer already said no.

Baranor
02-12-2014, 12:54 AM
I understand that you don't want people to do more than 1 run because then you would just have the best player do all of the runs, but I was adding the caveat that the previous attempt must have been a failure.

Yinghei
02-12-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm so sorry guys - my first mission is a failure :(

A ghul paralyzed poor Anacalagon in the upper dwarven graveyard after getting the gladius and the phial, then punched through his armor and critically hit him twice in a row. He didn't have a chance :(

JellySlayer
02-12-2014, 02:24 AM
We are still short one. Can we double up if our first attempt was already a failure? Theoretically it amounts to the same thing, but each person can only succeed once.

Going to say no to this because other teams have already had to (or will shortly have to) take lost points for MIA players. Maybe at the start of a new mission where all teams are in the same place I will consider something like this, but it's not fair at this point.

[edit]I do like this idea. I just can't implement it for this mission.

kapak44
02-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Sorry about this Yinghei. I'm probably going to take the mindcrafter next mission, since he seems to be most vulnerable to dying.

The number of MIA incidents is getting ridiculous from our team. From now on, I propose that each member should check in at least once a day. If they do not answer in a three day period or 24 hours before the end of the current mission, we replace the inactive member. We've already lost enough points as it is.

Can someone fill in the rest of the spreadsheet for us? (I can't find the turncount for all of our successful characters). I can't be expected to do everything for the team.

Aaaand time's officially up, with a final score of 1/5. Extremely mediocre, especially since we could have easily gotten more if our mia people were more active.

Edit: Just finished spreadsheet. You really cannot depend on me to do everything for you, as I only have so much time for this team's maintenance.

kapak44
02-12-2014, 08:07 AM
After a highly disappointing turnout due to the lack of planning, discussion, and activity from our MIAs, it's time to discuss mission 4.

Since *none* of our characters have a wand of cold or Frost bolt, I think we're all aiming for the water temple option. Our first goal should be to finish graveyard (archer has not killed Nonnak yet), open the portal, and clear the water temple level's surrounding monsters. Then, we should aim to get a wand of paralyzation or a disabling potion. Finally, we attempt to get the Water Orb. Any suggestions towards achieving this plan are welcome.

Please check in/respond by the end of today in GMT time, to ensure that we are active. We are still looking for a replacement to fill our other inactive spot, so let's try to have a plan ready for the newcomer to reduce stress/increase success.

Ravenshire
02-12-2014, 03:49 PM
the priest does have access to both frost bolt and a wand of cold so the RotHK might be a viable option for her and keethax was super easy to kill was pretty much able to just go from glade to DD walk up and kill him with 1 or 2 heals casted.
and how are we supposed to get the orb without killing the snake ive only ever gotten it from his corpse does he leave it on the alter if you dont kill him and it just moves to him once you do?
i think id like to play the healer this time around im going to roll a test one to play around with and see what kind of tactics are needed.

kapak44
02-12-2014, 06:51 PM
I think by either using a pet or wand of destruction for the snake.

Reminder to everyone to check in before the end of the day in GMT.

Ravenshire
02-12-2014, 07:43 PM
ok so for a pet probably one of the easiest things i can think to tame is a blink dog with bones not really sure about taming other things with out music skill and then its all about keeping it alive long enough for it to become strong enough to kill the snake and that could be difficult in and of itself.
did a few test runs with some healers and didnt get very far from what i can see they are mostly reliant on melee attacks so decent armor and a weapon im guessing is very important.

edit: just hit me scrolls of familiar summoning used in the DH would very likely generate a monster capable of dealing with the snake with ease would just have to be careful getting it to the temple without it turning on you.

going off topic again and back to my HE assassin, im lvl 18 on him now and have explored up to the wall of flames. i was badly beaten when i tried to do the water dragon cave so not sure where i want to go now i do have a RoDS available and thinking of using it for red dragon scale mail and heading to the ToEF cause i have dragon slaying ammo for my bow
any suggestions

Baranor
02-12-2014, 08:40 PM
You don't have to get your pet to do the whole deed for you. You can get him to critical and then have the pet deal the last bit. The other thing you can do is generate traps and lure him over it for the last bit of damage. It will probably have to be an acid trap to hit the snake. You can deal all the damage, but the last bit.

Baranor
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I would say for the HE Assassin that you should wish for a ring of ice to protect your stuff and bless it. With the Elemental Gauntlets in place you have almost perfect immunity for your stuff. With 3 sources of Fire Resistance, you take no damage in the Tower.

Ravenshire
02-12-2014, 09:04 PM
I would say for the HE Assassin that you should wish for a ring of ice to protect your stuff and bless it. With the Elemental Gauntlets in place you have almost perfect immunity for your stuff. With 3 sources of Fire Resistance, you take no damage in the Tower.

i have 2 rings of ice already in my inventory and 2 sources of fire res from gauntlets and intrinsic so maybe just save the wish for now another option is spell books of frost bolt as i have a learning of about 28 and 100 lit so i should be able to read those and they will help with both getting into the water temple(river separating the vault from the rest of the lvl and with the TotHK and will also help with ToEF) can also where a ring of fire res with the blessed ring of ice this should save all my gear from damage.

kapak44
02-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Do you have seven league boots? A regeneration item? Both could be useful. Have you killed Khelly yet?

Ravenshire
02-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Do you have seven league boots? A regeneration item? Both could be useful. Have you killed Khelly yet?

No to the items and slb would probably be very helpful and yeah I get really bored trying to scum for AoLS and I'm already crowned N so no point trying to save him

Arbot
02-12-2014, 11:52 PM
I sorry about being mia this this last mission, I had some stuff come up and I haven't had the free time to put into this. If you have someone to replace me in the competition please do. Sorry again :(

kapak44
02-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Why did you not tell us about this earlier Arbot? Did you not have internet access for a week or something? You couldn't take five minutes to let us know about the situation?

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 12:54 AM
and there goes my assassin to a fire elemental in ToEF 2 shotted one crit and then dead no time to react at all

Baranor
02-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Is the stuff over? Do you want to come back? We are currently at 3 consistent participants +1 that just joined in the last phase and you.

Yinghei
02-13-2014, 01:01 AM
It was an unfortunate last round (I was just enjoying spectating the videos from this challenge, but saw such a large number of missing players and I thought I might as well give it a try) but all we can do is try our best on the current mission. If anyone is in a difficult situation, just post about it and we can work it out, both for participation and the game. Anyway, I've been checking over the thread and this seems like the situation we have (correct me if I'm wrong)

-healer and priest can both get wand/book of cold from Keethrax.
-mindcrafter has healing and if I recall, no sources of cold, but at least can read for identify and pets, if he get those scrolls. He is also super delicate, with pretty much no weapon skills and only 3 pv
-archer can't get a pet (illiterate), a no sources of either destruction or cold as far as I can tell, also no identify
-don't know much about the CK, could possibly convert to neutral if he has fire resistance for keethrax wand of cold

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 05:57 AM
-archer can't get a pet (illiterate), a no sources of either destruction or cold as far as I can tell, also no identify

yeah the archer needs to find a dark sage corpse and manage to bless it if we want him to be able to read at all, and thats not the only thing that hes in serious need of he has no way to get the healing skill apart from getting very lucky with a potion of training or a scroll of education at this point cause i messed up the VD quest on him

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Ok so still testing with the healer and am curious about turn count whats the healers record for the previous missions.

Baranor
02-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Ok this time. Who's go what? I have done the Chaos Knight and the Archer. I think some of our less literate characters should go with traps to kill if they can. I will say, pets and traps are not my forte. I don't like playing with them as I find them boring.

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 07:00 PM
im going to take the healer just want to see what kind of damage output i can get my test one to in the time frame. from what ive seen alot of the teams are just going got the king and someone brought up a good point wanting to know if the king can be !ofExchanged cause hes not a unique monster just happens to be guarding the ring. for those that have the VD quest it might be a good idea to think about bridge building to get this done unless we can get the SoFS from thundarr to get something for the snake.

Yinghei
02-13-2014, 10:24 PM
I played the mindcrafter last time so I'd like to try the priest or CK. Anyone have a preference for one of those?

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 10:43 PM
not sure if you picked up on it reading the thread but just a warning for the CK he does have teleporting via pixie corpse so if you can manage to get tp ctrl will help greatly.

Ravenshire
02-13-2014, 11:06 PM
so i think this time the RNG gods are daring me to play a two-handed sword assassin cause i stepped into SMC to find an adamantium two-handed sword in the same room with the stairs.
ill most likely take a look at the healer and calculate what my ending turn count needs to be and then get started tonight after i finish my raid for WoW. but for now back to this assassin that sadly will likely die cause hes a mist elf. (sometimes i think the RNG gods just like to mess with me).

kapak44
02-14-2014, 05:47 AM
I'll probably do the mindcrafter.

Ravenshire
02-14-2014, 03:50 PM
ok going to take the healer out going to play very slow and very carefully i have til 21000 turns to finish the mission so not going to rush anything and try to build up as much as possible according to notes and from what i was looking at he looks pretty well off equip wise im thinking about going for the Ring unless i can manage to get the SoFS in which case ill head for the Orb and see what the turn count is like but im not going to take any risk would rather fail and live and have another char in the 20k turn range then another death. we need to get some more people built up or were going to start having real problems.

Baranor
02-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Alright Here's what I got for who's who:

Ravenshire: Healer
Yinghei: Chaos Knight
Kapak: Mindcrafter
Baranor: Priest
Iridia/Arbot/Random: Archer

It looks like we will need another person as we have not heard from our 5th in a couple days.

Ravenshire
02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
ok starting the healer and right now i have either the DD or VD open as neither quest has been taken any suggestion on which to go for.

im personnally leaning towards the DD as we have both healing and herb so i can get the wand and spellbook since im looking at doing the RotHK as i believe that will be the easier option

edit: going to dive CoC for right now and grab portal and kill quest and hopefully we get something decent.

edit2: heading out of CoC to take on the druid wish me luck.

Yinghei
02-14-2014, 04:29 PM
ok starting the healer and right now i have either the DD or VD open as neither quest has been taken any suggestion on which to go for.

im personnally leaning towards the DD as we have both healing and herb so i can get the wand and spellbook since im looking at doing the RotHK as i believe that will be the easier option

edit: going to dive CoC for right now and grab portal and kill quest and hopefully we get something decent.

I'd definitely go for the druid because you'll have the black torc as a returning missile undead slayer that could be really helpful for the portal quest, and of course the cold wand/book for access to one of the missions. Of course, the water orb is a far better reward, closer to DT and we'll need it eventually anyway, but unless you are able to get of \ of destruction of ?oFS it will be tough.

edit - I will be able to play my turn this weekend. Any advice for the CK?

Ravenshire
02-14-2014, 05:00 PM
@yinghei

your going to want to get tp control asap we had to eat a pixi corpse cause of starvation so we have that to deal with tp ctrl would make that a benefit instead of a hindrance

Ravenshire
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Screenshot

#######
##..Z..##
##.......##
#####&.......&#####
#ZR.............lZ#
.#.............#.
# G.............F #
#.#.............#.#
#ZT.............ZZ#
#.#.............#.#
#Zd.............uZ#
#.#...........>.#.#
##...............D#
#...............#
#.....@.....#
###.......###
#########

Arbot St:16 Le:11 Wi:18 Dx:19 To:24 Ch:13 Ap: 8 Ma:12 Pe:20 N=
DV/PV: 9/19 H: 186(186) P: 46(46) Exp: 13/80034 PL3 M: 14509
Satiated Burdened Berserk

Character Information

Arbot St:16 Le:11 Wi:18 Dx:19 To:24 Ch:13 Ap: 8 Ma:12 Pe:20 N=
DV/PV: 9/19 H: 186(186) P: 46(46) Exp: 13/80034 M: 14509

Background Information

Name: Arbot Race: male Ratling Class: Healer
Eye color: brown Hair color: white Complexion: brown
Height: 5'2" Weight: 145 pounds
Star sign: Wolf Birthday: 3/Wolf (day 303 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
As a child you had to survive pretty harsh times since your parents
seemed to have run out of luck. Their wealth was ever-declining and times
were very hard.
During your youth you had a lot of fun playing with other kids of
your age. You always were a natural leader and the center of interest.
Your path was always clearly lying before you. You knew about your
destiny since your earliest years and fortunately your grandfather
supported your wishes. You managed to find a competent trainer and began
your studies.
You decided to become a Healer.

Weapon Skills

Clubs & hammers 3 +2 +1 +0 basic 47
Maces & flails 7 +5 +3 +2 skilled 178
Swords 6 +4 +2 +1 skilled 220
Pole arms 6 +6 +2 +5 skilled 260

Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 6
Boomerangs & scurgari 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 13

Shields 3 +6 basic 65

Right hand: +23 bonus to hit, 1d6+22 damage

Ammunition: 1, base range: 2, +11 bonus to hit, 2d6+8 damage

Spells

Frost Bolt : 93, 12pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Monster: 10, 13pp (Effectivity: +0)

Skills

Alertness ................. 30 (mediocre) [+1d5]
Appraising ................ 48 (fair) [+1d5]
Climbing .................. 35 (fair) [+3d3]
Concentration ............. 29 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Cooking ................... 23 (mediocre) [+3d5] (mr)
Detect item status ........ 37 (fair) [+1d5]
Find weakness ............. 95 (superb) [+1d5]
First aid ................. 39 (fair) [+4d5]
Haggling .................. 48 (fair) [+4d4]
Healing ...................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Herbalism .................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Listening ................. 75 (great) [+3d3]
Literacy ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Stealth ................... 59 (good) [+2d4]
Survival .................. 49 (fair) [+1d5]
Swimming .................. 45 (fair) [+2d4]

Inventory
Total weight: 1510 stones Carrying capacity: 1815 stones

Head : uncursed helm of mental stability [+1, +1] {Le+1} [100s]
Neck : uncursed amulet of protection from undead [3s]
Body : blessed mithril ring mail (-1, -1) [-1, +5] [240s]
Cloak : uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3] [20s]
Right Hand : blessed adamantium sabre (+0, 1d6+11) [22s]
Left Hand : uncursed small mithril shield [+3, +1] [40s]
Right Ring : blessed ring of luck [1s]
Left Ring : uncursed ring of protection +1 [1s]
Gauntlets : uncursed red dragon-hide gauntlets (-2, +0) [+0, +2] [10s]
Boots : adamantium boots [+0, +3] [89s]
Missile Weapon: -
Missiles : blessed black torc [+4, +2] (+10 spd) [3s]

Stuff

Total weight: 981 stones Carrying capacity: 1815 stones

Necklaces (''')
uncursed amulet of death ray resistance [7s]
uncursed necklace of rabies resistance [2s]
uncursed amulet of perseverance {Wi+3} [3s]
uncursed shining necklace [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed scalpel (+2, 1d3+1) [2s]
blessed broken pick axe (+0, 1d6+1) [75s]
uncursed mithril flail (+0, 2d4+6) [120s]
Missile weapons ('}')
uncursed sling (+0, +1) [3s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 4 uncursed mithril drakish scurgari (+5, 1d8+5) [32s]
bundle of 15 cursed arrows (+1, 1d6) [30s]
cursed lead sling bullet (+3, 1d5) [3s]
uncursed lead sling bullet (+3, 1d5) [3s]
uncursed lead sling bullet (+3, 1d5+2) [3s]
bundle of 4 uncursed broken lead sling bullets (+3, 1d5) [12s]
bundle of 11 uncursed arrows [22s]
Tools (']')
heap of 6 uncursed bandages [12s]
blessed bandage [2s]
uncursed stethoscope [5s]
uncursed waterproof blanket [10s]
uncursed holy symbol [5s]
heap of 4 blessed sis [40s]
heap of 16 uncursed sis [160s]
cursed holy symbol [5s]
square key [1s]
heap of 3 sis [30s]
Rings ('=')
fire opal ring [1s]
electrum ring [1s]
Wands ('\')
uncursed wand of teleportation (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of magic missiles (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of webbing (5 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of stunning (2 charges) [3s]
cursed wand of digging (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of digging (1 charge) [3s]
blessed wand of cold (0 charges) [4s]
curved wand [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 5 uncursed potions of healing [20s]
potion of holy water [4s]
uncursed potion of blindness [2s]
uncursed potion of exchange [4s]
uncursed potion of potential mana [4s]
uncursed potion of poison [4s]
uncursed potion of carrot juice [4s]
uncursed potion of booze [4s]
uncursed potion of mana [4s]
blessed potion of cure corruption [2s]
uncursed potion of potential beauty [4s]
uncursed potion of cure corruption [2s]
cursed potion of potential toughness [4s]
uncursed thick potion [2s]
cursed flickering potion [4s]
light red potion [2s]
uncursed misty potion [2s]
uncursed light blue potion [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
uncursed scroll of cure blindness [2s]
cursed scroll of darkness [2s]
uncursed scroll of magic mapping [2s]
uncursed blank scroll [2s]
heap of 2 cursed scrolls of light [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of satiation [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of monster aggravation [4s]
uncursed scroll of teleportation [2s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of darkness [4s]
uncursed scroll of charging [2s]
uncursed scroll of gold detection [2s]
uncursed scroll of protection [2s]
uncursed scroll of power [2s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of light [4s]
blessed scroll of identify [2s]
cursed scroll of item detection [2s]
papyrus scroll [2s]
Food ('%')
heap of 2 uncursed curaria mancox herbs [4s]
heap of 4 blessed spenseweeds [8s]
heap of 3 uncursed spenseweeds [6s]
heap of 3 blessed curaria mancox herbs [6s]
heap of 2 uncursed cooked lizards [6s]
heap of 2 cursed devil's roses [4s]
uncursed bone [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed morgia roots [4s]
heap of 2 cursed moss patches of mareilon [4s]
heap of 4 uncursed moss patches of mareilon [8s]
cursed spenseweed [2s]
uncursed devil's rose [2s]
heap of 6 morgia roots [12s]
heap of 2 morgia roots [4s]
heap of 4 moss patches of mareilon [8s]
heap of 3 moss patches of mareilon [6s]
heap of 2 blessed morgia roots [4s]
heap of 2 morgia roots [4s]
moss of mareilon [2s]
heap of 3 stomacemptia herbs [6s]
strange herb [2s]
heap of 4 stomacemptia herbs [8s]
stomafillia herb [2s]
demon daisy [2s]
blessed demon daisy [2s]
uncursed demon daisy [2s]
heap of 2 burb roots [4s]
heap of 2 burb roots [4s]
uncursed pepper petal [2s]
heap of 2 blessed burb roots [4s]
heap of 2 pepper petals [4s]
heap of 2 blessed pepper petals [4s]
heap of 2 blessed stomafillia herbs [4s]
stomafillia herb [2s]
blessed stomacemptia herb [2s]
heap of 2 stomacemptia herbs [4s]
Valuables ('$')
8343 gold pieces [83s]
Gems ('*')
cursed worthless piece of green glass [1s]
heap of 2 uncursed crystals of power [2s]
uncursed blue gem [1s]

need some suggestions just stepped into the top lvl of the pyramid and this is what i ran into
the D is a baby karmic dragon there is also a stone wall, a werewolf lord, a dark elven priestess, and a lightning lizard.
i faced off against a werewolf lord under DT and was only able to get it to panic by using the wand of frost i got from druid quest.

Yinghei
02-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Do you know what kind of intrinsic resistances you have? If you have -poison and some elemental ones you can definitely focus on killing the werewolf lord first. The potion of blindness and wand of stunning are good disablers. Potion of exchange could also be extremely useful if you get into a bad situation. I'm not sure what you mean by stone wall though.

Baranor
02-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Invisible!!! Equip 2 shields and wand of fireballs him in the face.

Baranor
02-14-2014, 11:01 PM
How do you not have the wand of fireballs yet? Don't tackle the pyramid without it. It's a 1 or 2 cast and then descend. Get out of there. You need some way of becoming invisible and go get the wand and this will be a snap.

Currently I would run to the stairs and descend. You should be pretty fast. You may have to loop around to drag the crowd away.

Ravenshire
02-14-2014, 11:30 PM
dont have the wand cause the kill is a dark elven lord and i havent seen one the split for DH/animated forest is only 2 or 3 lvls below DT and i didnt want to risk the wand by descending into the forest on accident. i might head back to giffyard as i had to abandon that do to mediocre damage output and armor after DD slugs.

@yinghei: the stone wall is one of the monsters in the room in the lower left corner of the map they are str drainers and shrug bolt spells very well.

kapak44
02-15-2014, 03:54 AM
My plan for the mindcrafter:

Attempt to clear D:4 vault, then go to dwarftown to get quests. Do griffyard, and get sword of Nonnak. Explore all levels up to water temple, and get the wand of fireballs. Then attempt to find a better weapon for Snake from Beyond.

Ravenshire
02-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Ok so questions:
i struck out both in the pryamid and giffyard(did manage to holy water the grave and get sword, nonnark still alive im unable to damage him) i decided to just head towards the Tomb of the High King and try my luck there im currently in procession of a bless potion of exchange that im considering trying to dispatch the king as hes not a unique mob so it might work however i got to the first Cavernous level and found a L alter so considering using the remaining 4k turns to attempt to get crowned and then see what kind of time we have left in that way we will at least have a developed char thats not starting at 6k turns for the next mission as right now i know the snake is not likely to be an option.

kapak44
02-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Going to start my mindcrafter run either today or tomorrow, any advice or things I should add to the plan in my previous post?

Ravenshire
02-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Going to start my mindcrafter run either today or tomorrow, any advice or things I should add to the plan in my previous post?

whats dwarf want for the first kill quest if its anything somewhat easy i would attempt to complete that line so that you can get the SoFS that will make the snake very easy(on team got a greater moloch).

apart from that might want to work on building piety if the chance presents itself either with extra turns or good alter placement.

Yinghei
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM

Just from my experience playing him last time, he shouldn't melee anything more advanced than ordinary goblins and orcs, since he has such low dv/pv that he is hit and damaged by pretty much anything. Acid spit and arrows are very important for him. The d4 vault wasn't too bad to clear, but a ghul in the griffyard did him in. Also, if you want to increase piety, unless I'm mistaken, the chaotic altar in the CoC is in a corner so you won't be able to sacrifice monster even if you can convert it.

kapak44
02-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Ok we have a huge problem folks.

D:10 has a clay golem tension room right next to the upstairs, which blocks my way to dwarftown. There is a neutral altar to D:9 where I used to gain my piety back. What should I do, since mindcraft doesn't work?

P.S. This character had 12 penetrating quarrels, which would have given the mindcrafter a good way to finish mission 2 :( .

Ravenshire
02-16-2014, 01:30 AM
would you be able to slowly drag the golems up the stairs and dispatch them in ones or 2s with the penetrating quarrels either that or does d9 have a loop or enough side rooms for you to lose enough of them to get though the room and on to DT.

also does anyone have suggestions on my question posted earlier.

kapak44
02-16-2014, 01:48 AM
I do not have a crossbow, so these quarrels can't be used. D:9 and D:10 do not have loops, so I'm really in a jam.

Try to get the ring first using a potion of exchange, then try to get crowned. However, save 1k turns to get back to DT.

Ravenshire
02-16-2014, 02:17 AM
ok ill try that and see how it goes

kapak44
02-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Aaand I'm dead. Sorry folks, but turns out there was also a tension room on D:10, and I quickly got surrounded with no way out.

Ravenshire
02-16-2014, 03:19 AM
well i was very close but the first cavernous lvl held a tension room of dark elven priestess which took up almost 3k of my 4k turns to get past i was able to get past the remaining two lvls rather quickly and got to the skeletal king was able to open his door and tossed my potion at him but even with a ring of luck, and both lucky and fate smiles intrinsic he dodged the potion and proceeded to fill the shoreline with skeletal warriors. The healer went down fighting but in the end was killed by the king himself.

Yinghei
02-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Sorry about those, Kapak and Ravenshire.

But I am super happy to say that Zhakara the dark elven chaos knight was extremely lucky this round and made it throught!

This is what happened:

Zhakara begins on turn 5712 with teleportitis and nothing to eat but herbs, she drops every uneccessary until unencumbered, dive to DT
In DT, she converts to N and gets the portal quest and kill an ettin quest, then murders a dwarven guardian on another level to stop the fiery pains
d11 dark elven warrior tension room and d12 undead vault force known her down to 16 hp.
Heals with corruption trap on d8 and her mouth turns into tentacles.
Blink dog lured out of big room for teleport control. Woohoo!:cool:
Find light crystal scale mail and medium crystal shield in upper griffyard. Paralyzed to 1/2 hp, can't take on Griff.
Use magic map in VDDL for \of teleport.
Clear dark elven warriors on d11, gets poison resistance.
Crosses animated forest and forfeits quest for progress/xp.
Chat with Khelly, no amulet sadly.
d17 ogre vault brings her to lvl 13. d18 is the graveyard.
surge of power on pyramid 2! Fight named revenant for a heavy mace!!! Could it be? No, it's not Purifier, but the pick axe sitting nearby. It's Hammerhead, which gives -fire.
Gets ankh and AMW.
Convert to N at DT, sac the moonsickle, gets inner strength.
Chat with Guth and kill a black druid, get / and " of cold, also !oCC. Buy cooked lizards.
Finally to ToTHK, rushes through levels. Skeletal king is out of lair, zap him with fire until he panics, then retrieve RoTHK.
Visit PC2 for acid resistance, kill Griff and Nonnak, gets the elemental gauntlets, kill Hotzenplotz.
Get golden gladius at arena, give it to Bart for tactics.
chats with dwarven mystic for a ring of ice, !oGA (drank, since our stats are all at/above max), 2x!otraining (drank, got alertness and dodge), and chats with Thrundarr for \odigging,\ofireball, and 7 !oEH.
Sac 10000 gp for inner peace.
End on turn 21524.

Notes:
-stone wand = fireballs
-mithril ring = ice
-clear potion = cure corruption
-old tome = nether bolt
-slimy potions = extra healing
-Don't forget we have poison hands, so be super careful if you take off the thick gauntlets.
-Andor Drakon was already grumbling at us at the start of this round, and now that we've left C alignment twice, be super careful with equipment dusting/inventory cursing if going back to C.
-We are at inner peace with Anssaria so there are a few prayers available
-Our climbing set is rusty, so don't use it until it's fixed
-Talents we have: Alert, Miser, Treasure Hunter, Healthy, Hardy, Tough Skin

vlg: (snipped lots to fit, not sure why the color and screenshot are off like that)

Screenshot

##############################################
...............................................#
########### .....................##########................... ..........#
#..#%....[#......................#........#..........####### .............
###..#......#..............#####...#........#..... .....# #..............#
#....#(.....#..............#..!#.../........#..........# ../................#
##....#[.....#..............#...#...#........#..........# .#................#
#.....#......#..............#...#...#........#.... ......# ..#................#
#.....##/#####..............###/#...##########..........# #................#
#................................................. ......#######................#
#...<.................................................. .....................>..#
#................................................. .............................#
#........###/###.......####........................######/##...................#
##.......#.....#.......#..#....................... .#.......#...................#
#.......#.....#.......#..#........................ #.......#...................#
###.....#.._..#.......####........................ #.......#.................###
#.....#.....#...................................#. ......#.................#
###...#######...................................# #######......
#.... ......@.........................
#############################
Zhakara St:16 Le:17 Wi:14 Dx:34 To:13 Ch: 1 Ap: 1 Ma:22 Pe:12 N-
DV/PV: 46/13 H: 109(109) P: 1(77) Exp: 14/140582 D: 9 M: 21524

Background Information

Name: Zhakara Race: female Dark Elf Class: Chaos Knight
Eye color: blue Hair color: white Complexion: black
Height: 5'5" Weight: 9 pounds
Age: 147 (grown-up, 6 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Wand Birthday: 8/Wand (day 68 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
(sob story)

Weapon Skills

Unarmed fighting 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Daggers & knives 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Clubs & hammers 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Maces & flails 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Swords 8 +6 +4 +2 excellent 393
Axes 7 +5 +4 +1 skilled 124
Whips 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 25
Pole arms 5 +5 +2 +4 skilled 170
Twohanded weapons 1 +1 +1 +0 basic 25
Staves 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 25

Bows 6 +12 +9 +2 skilled 131
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields 8 +16 excellent 480

Right hand: +40 bonus to hit, 2d10+17 damage

Ammunition: 16, base range: 8, +39 bonus to hit, 1d6+19 damage

Spells

Cure Disease : 8, 14pp (Effectivity: +0)
Cure Serious Wounds: 7, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Darkness : 19, 6pp (Effectivity: +1)
Divine Key : 8, 21pp (Effectivity: +0)
Divine Wrath : 5, 21pp (Effectivity: +0)
Ethereal Bridge : 3, 60pp (Effectivity: +0)
Freezing Fury : 7, 44pp (Effectivity: +0)
Lesser Divine Touch: 2, 14pp (Effectivity: +0)
Light : 2, 4pp (Effectivity: +0)
Lordly Might : 9, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Minor Punishment : 5, 14pp (Effectivity: +0)
Remove Curse : 11, 85pp (Effectivity: +0)
Seal of the Spheres: 4, 14pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Monster : 5, 12pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Poison : 13, 10pp (Effectivity: +0)
Veil of the Gods : 14, 17pp (Effectivity: +0)

Skills

Alertness ................ 85 (great) [+2d4]
Athletics ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Backstabbing ............. 55 (good) [+2d4]
Climbing ................. 37 (fair) [+4d4]
Dodge .................... 65 (good) [+3d3]
Find weakness ............ 88 (great) [+1d5]
First aid ................ 62 (good) [+1d3]
Haggling ................. 21 (mediocre) [+1d5]
Listening ................ 53 (good) [+2d4]
Literacy ................. 36 (fair) [+1d5]
Pick pockets ............. 15 (mediocre) [+3d3]
Stealth .................. 39 (fair) [+3d3]
Tactics .................. 34 (fair) [+2d4]
Two weapon combat ........ 49 (fair) [+3d5]

Effects of Corruption

You have become very light (1/10 weight, St: -6, Dx: +4, To: -6, Ap: -6, +20
speed).
You sport a babbling mouth on your forehead that rants and raves dark
secrets (Le: +8, Ch: -6, Ap: -6, Pe: -4, stealth impossible).
Poison drips from your hands.
Your legs have stretched into long, fragile stilts (Base movement cost: 750
energy points; PV: -4; -4 kicking damage; Ap: -6).
Your mouth has turned into a writhing mass of prehensile tentacles (Dx: +6,
Ap: -15).

Inventory
Total weight: 2454 stones Carrying capacity: 24450 stones

Head : helm of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+2} [100s]
Neck : blessed necklace of rapid healing [2s]
Body : ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Girdle : girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
Cloak : uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : dwarven pick axe "Hammerhead" (+2, 2d10+4) [+2, +2] {To+3}
Left Hand : uncursed medium crystal shield (+2) [+9, +4] [160s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of damage [1s]
Left Ring : blessed ring of the High Kings [+2, +3] [1s]
Gauntlets : blessed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+0, +1] [15s]
Boots : -
Missile Weapon: uncursed short bow (+1, +2) [20s]
Missiles : bundle of 16 cursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [32s]
Tool : blessed holy symbol [5s]

Stuff

Total weight: 1933 stones Carrying capacity: 24450 stones

Armor ('[')
uncursed light crystal scale mail (-1, -2) [+0, +8] [310s]
Gauntlets ('[')
uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Girdles ('[')
uncursed adamantium girdle [+0, +3] [18s]
Necklaces (''')
uncursed copper amulet [3s]
cursed copper amulet [3s]
uncursed silver amulet [3s]
blessed ankh [3s]
uncursed black torc [3s]
cursed splendid necklace [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed adamantium scimitar (+0, 1d8+9) [28s]
Missile weapons ('}')
uncursed sling (+3, +1) [3s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 3 uncursed drakish scurgari (+2, 1d8+2) [30s]
bundle of 9 uncursed quarrels (+1, 2d6+3) [18s]
bundle of 4 blessed rusty quarrels (-1, 2d6) [8s]
bundle of 10 blessed mithril sling bullets of darkness (+5, 2d5) [30s]
bundle of 3 uncursed mithril quarrels (+1, 2d6+3) [6s]
bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [4s]
blessed arrow of targeting (+6, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 6 uncursed arrows (-3, 1d6) [12s]
uncursed penetrating arrow (+0, 1d6) [2s]
uncursed arrow of targeting (+6, 1d6) [2s]
bundle of 7 uncursed quarrels of construct slaying (+3, 2d6+6) [28s]
bundle of 7 uncursed arrows of giant slaying (+5, 1d10+3) [14s]
bundle of 12 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [24s]
bundle of 4 blessed mithril arrows (+0, 1d6+3) [8s]
bundle of 4 uncursed arrows of construct slaying (+3, 1d6+3) [8s]
bundle of 7 uncursed rusty quarrels of humanoid slaying (+3, 2d6+3)[28s]
bundle of 5 uncursed arrows of humanoid slaying (+3, 1d6+3) [10s]
bundle of 9 cursed rusty quarrels [18s]
bundle of 9 cursed quarrels [36s]
Tools (']')
uncursed fireproof blanket [10s]
uncursed torch [10s]
uncursed broken square key [1s]
cursed tiny key [1s]
heap of 2 uncursed metal ingots [16s]
uncursed rusty climbing set [180s]
uncursed hexagonal key [1s]
uncursed triangular key [1s]
cursed si [10s]
Rings ('=')
blessed ring of stun resistance [1s]
uncursed iron ring [1s]
uncursed coral ring [1s]
uncursed mithril ring [1s]
Wands ('\')
uncursed rusty wand of lightning (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of monster detection (0 charges) [3s]
cursed rusty wand of fire (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of door creation (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of digging (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of teleportation (2 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of wonder (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation [3s]
blessed wand of digging [3s]
uncursed rusty wand of fire (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed willow wand [3s]
uncursed wand of cold (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed oak wand [4s]
uncursed wand of digging [3s]
blessed stone wand [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 3 uncursed potions of invisibility [12s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of cure poison [4s]
heap of 4 potions of holy water [16s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of exchange [8s]
blessed potion of boost strength [2s]
cursed potion of balance [4s]
uncursed potion of oil [2s]
uncursed light green potion [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of water [8s]
blessed potion of cure poison [2s]
uncursed mottled potion [4s]
uncursed light potion [4s]
uncursed bubbly potion [2s]
blessed clear potion [2s]
uncursed silvery potion [4s]
cursed blue potion [4s]
uncursed brown potion [2s]
heap of 7 blessed clotted potions [14s]
Scrolls ('?')
uncursed scroll of balance [2s]
blessed scroll of gold detection [2s]
uncursed scroll of power [2s]
uncursed scroll labeled "ZTORF" [2s]
uncursed scroll of identify [2s]
Books ('"')
blessed old tome [100s]
uncursed worn tome [100s]
uncursed leather-bound tome [100s]
Food ('%')
heap of 5 cursed morgia roots [10s]
heap of 15 cursed spenseweeds [30s]
heap of 16 cursed moss patches of mareilon [32s]
heap of 4 cursed curaria mancox herbs [8s]
heap of 2 uncursed bits of candy [4s]
heap of 71 cursed cooked lizards [213s]
heap of 63 uncursed cooked lizards [189s]
Valuables ('$')
7660 gold pieces [76s]

Killed Monsters

1103 monsters perished under her attacks.

1 black druid
1 cave lion
1 crime lord
1 dwarven guardian
1 master necromancer
1 mummy lord
... (no skeletal king!)
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker
1 wild cat

Achievements

She survived for 0 years, 34 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 38 seconds (21524
turns).
Zhakara visited 45 places.
Her strength score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her dexterity score was modified by +2 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her appearance score was modified by +5 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +4 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 6 years.
She was the champion of the arena.

Ravenshire
02-16-2014, 02:20 PM
awesome job that probably just took or CK from being very difficult to work with to someone that we can likely rely on for points each round. sadly judging from skill ups it looks like book reading is going to be a long time coming.
just curious for next player do you have any stashes anywhere i saw you dropped a bunch of stuff at the glade.

Yinghei
02-16-2014, 02:50 PM
No stashes, the stuff at the glade is just crap like +0,+0 clothes and weapons that are no longer useful at this point in the game. Spells/bookcasting will be pretty much impossible in the near future due to the tentacle mouth corruption and low literacy. Just another that I forgot to mention- due to her babbling mouth, Zhakara suffers from spell incontinence and nearly ice balled some dwarves. So for the next player, be super careful to keep a distance from friendlies and minimize time in DT, or we might end up with a hostile Ruun/Waldenbrook.

Baranor
02-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Dammit. Fail with the Priest. I played too agressively and lost. Damn. Should have been pretty easy.

Ravenshire
02-17-2014, 01:10 AM
ok so just waiting for either iridia or arbot to get back and play the archer either that or one of us that failed can play him if it gets to 24 hours from deadline

Yinghei
02-17-2014, 04:15 PM
ok so just waiting for either iridia or arbot to get back and play the archer either that or one of us that failed can play him if it gets to 24 hours from deadline

Since Arbot has already declared himself MIA, and Iridia hasn't been around for a few missions, whoever wants to play the archer can do so now, if I understand correctly.
Since he doesn't have climbing set, wand of cold, trap creation, destruction, or literacy it's doubtful he'll be able to finish either quest, but there's always use-ID. Probably, it's just best to build up the character and not take risk of dying, since most likely it will be impossible to do the mission.

Some possible ideas:
---If you find/make some demon slaying ammo, !o cure poison (for stun), or fireball wand (he should get this as well as !oEH and \odigging from chat with Thrundarr since he did portal), you might try getting the water orb the old fashioned way for the instaheal, since the archer needs a source of healing
---You could try crowning (hopefully not C bc of the corruptions) since the archer gifts are all awesome
---If he gets some construct slayers, he could raid darkforge for xp/armor/weapons and gold for crowning.
---I'm not sure if he has done this yet, but if not he could check out PC2 for -acid.

Ravenshire
02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Since Arbot has already declared himself MIA, and Iridia hasn't been around for a few missions, whoever wants to play the archer can do so now, if I understand correctly.
Since he doesn't have climbing set, wand of cold, trap creation, destruction, or literacy it's doubtful he'll be able to finish either quest, but there's always use-ID. Probably, it's just best to build up the character and not take risk of dying, since most likely it will be impossible to do the mission.

Some possible ideas:
---If you find/make some demon slaying ammo, !o cure poison (for stun), or fireball wand (he should get this as well as !oEH and \odigging from chat with Thrundarr since he did portal), you might try getting the water orb the old fashioned way for the instaheal, since the archer needs a source of healing
---You could try crowning (hopefully not C bc of the corruptions) since the archer gifts are all awesome
---If he gets some construct slayers, he could raid darkforge for xp/armor/weapons and gold for crowning.
---I'm not sure if he has done this yet, but if not he could check out PC2 for -acid.

all sound like good ideas hopefully if were lucky we can get a dark sage corpse and get lit that way cause if i remember correctly he had to use his potion to finish the last quest. i would probably say stay away from darkforge unless you feel that you can definitely take on the golems easily cause they will just line up so you might not be able to get your ammo back quickly.

Yinghei
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
all sound like good ideas hopefully if were lucky we can get a dark sage corpse and get lit that way cause if i remember correctly he had to use his potion to finish the last quest. i would probably say stay away from darkforge unless you feel that you can definitely take on the golems easily cause they will just line up so you might not be able to get your ammo back quickly.

Lure them up one by one :)

Actually, checking his previous mission, he might not have such a bad chance at all! Why doesn't he have a climbing set if he has done the pyramid already? There is a guaranteed one on the right side of the first level, one top of a trap (it should be kicked off that square in to avoid destroying it with the trap). Whoever plays him should definitely go pick that up so there might be a chance of going for RoTHK. If he is extremely lucky, he might even find a \ocold there or ogre magus to help him across the lake. This would be risky but possible with elemental gauntlets.

Also, why doesn't he have the elemental gauntlets if he has done the portal quest? He should retrieve those too. They will be excellent anyways, but even better if he has to face steel golems or the skeletal king.

Ravenshire
02-17-2014, 08:55 PM
sounds good so who wants to try and play him

Yinghei
02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
It will have to be either you or Baranor, since Kapak played him last. We're getting pretty close to the deadline, so whoever has time and wants to take him should just do it and let us know. I don't have time today and can't score a point for him anyway.

Ravenshire
02-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Ok ill take him I'm on us eastern time so anyone able to tell me from that when the deadline is

Baranor
02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Is the deadline midnight eastern time?

Yinghei
02-18-2014, 04:22 PM
That's great! I think the deadline is 7pm. Best of luck to you then!

Baranor
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
If so that gives us 6 hours and 37 minutes from this post.

Yinghei
02-18-2014, 04:26 PM
If so that gives us 6 hours and 37 minutes from this post.
It's midnight GMT, which is 7pm US eastern time.

Ravenshire
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
You going to grab him baranor or do you want me to

Ravenshire
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Baranor going to need you to take the archer if you have time i had some stuff come up on my end sry about the late update

Yinghei
02-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Baranor going to need you to take the archer if you have time i had some stuff come up on my end sry about the late update

There's only a couple hours left so hopefully someone will take him or else we'll only have one up to date character :(

Ravenshire
02-19-2014, 04:18 AM
ok so SMC is open but must be crossed during the mid game. JS is giving us the option to create saves with characters that have died in previous missions when we are within 8k turns of our ending turn count so that we can get more characters to a developed state. i think that i would like to take the archer for this one and i think he is going to be one of the more difficult to play due to his lack of having any way to map the SMC besides exploring but he should be able to kill most of the stuff he runs into pretty quickly we have 8k turns for this mission and the skeletal king and SfB are both killable now so might be worth it to get them handled as SMC dive is fairly quick as long as we dont run into anything crazy.

IIRC the CK should have a pretty easy time as we were able to get tele control on him so he should be able to run from anything.

not sure about the other classes as they are sadly all pretty under developed so its just going to be a matter of building them up. we also must finish in the assassins guild in sight of the prince so i would suggest on the characters that need to be built up that we focus alittle on the stealth skill as with p20 it is very helpful.

kapak44
02-19-2014, 04:46 AM
There's only a couple hours left so hopefully someone will take him or else we'll only have one up to date character :(

Aaand once again, we get screwed out of another point due to poor planning. We're *really* falling behind guys. If we don't get a replacement and plan better this round, we can kiss any chance of catching up goodbye.

Since I can't do the mindcrafter, I think I might go with the healer this round.

How powerful is Gaab'Baay?