PDA

View Full Version : Lolth favours you greatly but won't give up the goods.

barbertje
01-27-2014, 08:55 PM
I just installed ADOM 1.2.0 prerelease 20, and I have a somewhat promising dark elven wizard going.
She saved the puppy from the puppy cave, and found an altar in the first level of the druid dungeon (unfortunately blocked by water)
After a great deal of sacking Lolth favoured me greatly, but my prayers remain unheard. I'm at experience level 11 with "C" alignment.
Does precrowing still work in the version? I couldn't find anything about it in the changelog.

JellySlayer
01-27-2014, 08:56 PM
You still have to be extremely close for precrown.

barbertje
01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
It seems to take much longer then I remember. The level probably needs a few extra corridors to improve monster flow.
I'm giving up on it. I need to hear some other music as well.

Stingray1
01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
To me it actually feels faster than in older versions. :) Monster generation slows down if you remain on one level(it will even stop eventually), you are going down the stairs occasionally?

barbertje
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
To me it actually feels faster than in older versions. :) Monster generation slows down if you remain on one level(it will even stop eventually), you are going down the stairs occasionally?

I only left the level twice to get food. Unfortunately I died a few levels into the caves of chaos.

I rolled another random character, A dark elven fighter. I saved the puppy while killing almost nothing, I then killed Keethrax in the dark with my origional (0,1d6) short sword.
It cost me one prayer and a few points of learning. There's also an altar on D:2 but I'm going to skip that.

Utnapishtim
01-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Don't give up! The "favours you greatly" is the last level before "extremely close". And based on my experience the distance from favours greatly to extremely is at most the same, possibly even less, than the one from favours to favours greatly. Probably less than 20 low level monsters at your exp. level.

As you probably know, the piety decreases over the time, the more the higher it is. So doing something else meanwhile causes some of the earlier saccings to be wasted.

Edit: too late...

Drifted
01-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Like Utnapishtim said the piety needed to get "extremely close" from "favours you greatly" is very minimal when compared to amount of live saccing you have already done. When I'm going for (pre-/post)crowning by live saccing and get to level of "favours you" I know I'm very soon done.