PDA

View Full Version : Playing Monk as Fighter/Paladin style?

Sardaukar
02-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi,

Is there any really bad downside (apart from losing some Monk benefits when burdened etc.) to play monk as heavily armoured fighter. E.g. you happen to find really good armour, shield and weapon, would it be more useful to use those than fight unarmed?

I think Monk has decent chance to learn spells too (or am I wrong?). Tho, my recent character, Dwarven Monk has...Ma:3 :D

grobblewobble
02-11-2014, 09:14 AM
There is no downside. Usually this is in fact the most effective setup. You don't get the DV bonus, but you still get the speed bonus and all the good monk class powers.

Tyrnyx
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Unless you get Robes of Resistance as a random drop (as I did on my monk win) or as a crowning gift, I would suggest playing regularly. That said, if you do get some really nice robes the DV bonus is very nice. I don't know off the top of my head but I was wielding an eternium two hander and had something like 40-50 DV. Very nice when doing two-hander damage.

Sardaukar
02-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Mist Elf Monk seems to be quite interesting. Just playing it as monk until finding some suitable armour/weapons. VERY fragile, but seems to kick ass. Low To is a big problem, though.