PDA

View Full Version : Starting characters that you think will do well (probably will YASD too...)

Sardaukar
02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi,

Just got Dwarven Priest, sign: Book with St:19, Le:20, To:18, Ma:17...with blessed scroll of identify and uncursed spellbook of Babtism of Fire as starters.

One of the best starts I can remember.

(Of course one could get all sorts with character roller, but that's besides the point.)

GordonOverkill
02-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Wish you all the best with this char! Just don't get overconfident ;-)

Cactus
02-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Last week I had a Mindcrafter start with this equipment:
wand of paralyzation
wand of teleportation
potion of cure corruption
potion of blindness
ring of protection +4

Died of overconfidence against a writhing mass of primal chaos in the UD...

Sardaukar
02-16-2014, 04:32 PM
HOLY S**T!!!

I just discovered neutral altar on PC:5 with aforementioned Dwarven Priest (now level 11)....:eek::D Managed to convert it to lawful. Pre-crownings, here I come!!!! advancing to level 13 shouldn't be too difficult on this area... (I can feel YASD coming, RNG has been crazily benevolent towards this character!)

heavensblade23
02-17-2014, 03:35 AM
I had a Troll Berserker die due to my own boredom a few days ago. I wasn't high enough level to enter the Pyramid and I was having problems in the Graveyard so I got bored and ended up dying to carelessness.

He was quite promising because I got an Iron-Shod Quarterstaff of Devastation in the HMV shop (It was something like 5d10+8, quite nice), as well as an Eternium Rapier/Adamantine Tower Shield combo.

In retrospect there were a couple things I could done, I didn't have SInv but I might have been able to survive the Arena championship. I could have finished more Dwarftown quests (I got stuck with two 'kill a monster' quests in a row, which contributed to my boredom)

Another character found a Halberd of Defense in the Small Cave, then a few levels later I discovered that it's possible for the upstairs to be in a room that's dark and also contains a river. I descended, hit the arrow key 2-3x, and drowned.

Sardaukar
02-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Was not too impressed about pre-/crowning gifts, but could have been worse, all very useful:
- heavy crossbow Far Slayer
- rune covered longsword "Trusted One"
- crowning gift "Shirt of the Saints"

+ acid immunity

Trusted One and Shirt of the Saints give very nice bunch of capabilities and resistances.