PDA

View Full Version : What is the TRACT OF CHAOSE TOME I FOUND?!

brett13r
02-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Takes forever to read but only tried once with no effect on fear that I would starve.

EDIT: So I got to bloated status and read it again it says " you feel the anger of order brewing... but you seem to be protected by the benevolence of Berwyn. as you learn the last bit of knowledge from this tract, it dissolves in a cloud of sulphur."

I recieved no additonal spells and my allighment is still N= but it did take my hp down to %50

by reading a scroll fo dark predictions 1% of my soul belongs to the forces of chaos?

Blasphemous
02-16-2014, 04:27 PM
There are tracts of order, balance and chaos. Each should only be read if your alignment corresponds to them.
Result is that some piety is gained towards affiliated deity and some corruption is lost (for order) or gained (for chaos).

Generally the effect is pretty weak, normally all three tomes are sold or discarded as soon as possible, there are more useful books and more efficient methods to achieve the same result as reading a tract.

JellySlayer
02-17-2014, 04:54 PM
These books can actually be quite dangerous to read, as it is an interaction that involves all three deities... ie. reading a tract of order will make the neutral and chaos deities take notice of you, and they may decide to smite your character for it. Because your piety was high with your favoured god, you were protected from divine attacks from the others... but this doesn't always happen. Even crowned characters can sometimes get their inventories destroyed from reading these books.

Generally, best to sell them or throw them away. Tomes of order are the only ones of any use, since you can (potentially) use them to remove a nasty corruption that has been recently applied--you'll get corrupted again right away, but it might not be the same one.