PDA

View Full Version : First ever victory in this game

divij
02-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Hello Laymen and gentleladies, I have finished this game for the first time ever playing a recommended class/race of gnomish wizard.
i abused the fact that i was raven by doing blup quest and then lvl 16 trident = easy kill of skeleton king and wyrm(or so i thought)
i must say that there were 2 times in the game when i dint think i was gonna win.
first was when the wyrm got me down to 1 succesful attack by him (that fucker was hitting me even tho i was in coward mode zzz)
finaly i said screw it... all or nothing went beserk (when he was melle) and used my trident as a thrown weapon @ lvl 6 training. it killed him else for sure he wud have killed me since i was down to 100 hp or something
neways then there was a time with nuurag waarn with whom i was suprisingly 1-0 at that time (in a game earlier i have killed him using the most overpowered spell in the game.....slow monster :) followed by acid ball but died later cause i was dumb enuf to not reload my strength of atlas and got crushed :( )
this game i didnt have acid ball so i did something i never did b4...used slaying ammo..sadly i have only 4-5 so i lured him top (which was difficult since he wudnt come close to me he just sits at the edge of the room of stairs n does his thing with the rays and mind rape so i had to blind him and he staggered close to the stairs and finnaly followed me down). then i prompy tpd far from him and started barraging him with slaying ammo. then when he chased me i tpd to where i dropped my arrows and reloaded. then it was rinse and repeat and eventually killed the bastard!!

neways ive noticed 1 thing...ive reached d50 2 times and till now ive never died in water temple, air temple, d50 and only 1ce ive reached mana temple to die there.
so my worst enemy is still that wyrm in fire temple.
NEWAYS sorry to make this so long.

1 question: how do you configure ur character to auto pickup scrolls...he picksup everything but scrolls...is it not '?' for scrolls

TLDR: finished the game 1st time with only 2 major hiccups. also asked one question

Grey
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Moved thread to YAVP forum. Well done!

Fire wyrm is considered to be the nemesis for many, and if you can beat it then you can beat the game.

mewmew
02-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Grats! I wish i win the game too one day :3

>how do you configure ur character to auto pickup scrolls

this line (uncommented, as is) works

Auto_Pickup = ?

adom autopickup is dangerous though, it always pick items regardless if there are hostile monsters near or not and it wastes a turn

anon123
02-21-2014, 03:52 PM
it wastes a turn

It doesn't, which is part of the attractive. :)

divij
02-21-2014, 05:36 PM

exactly but what is code for scroll...neways now im diversifying!

mewmew
02-22-2014, 12:10 AM

i tried autopickup and monsters caught and hit me during picking items

SirTheta
02-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Autopickup doubles (or perhaps adds 1000, don't recall of the top of my head) the energy cost of picking up items. This is separate from turn count .

Soirana
02-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Autopickup doubles (or perhaps adds 1000, don't recall of the top of my head) the energy cost of picking up items. This is separate from turn count .

It doubles. Asside from stupid turncount restrictions main aid from autopickup is to allow movement reducements like 7lb or monk class power to apply for pick up which in any other case would cost 1000 energy points.
It is marginal but might save life in cases like picking these slaying ammo or so.

Mobius
02-22-2014, 03:00 PM
It's also useful when fighting masses of monsters with breath weapons. (aka dragon vault)
You grab everything on the ground as part of your move before they can destroy it with their breath. (especially red dragons, and you have ring of Ice / fireproof blanket)