PDA

View Full Version : Permanently disable mouse control?

elenie
03-03-2014, 01:22 AM
I'm used to playing ADOM with just the keyboard and would like to permanently disable mouse control. Is this possible? I can disable it via F9, but the next time I start ADOM, it's enabled again.
Also looked in config.noe but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Yinghei
03-03-2014, 02:01 AM
This worked for me:

Go to the menu (it is control m on Mac, not sure if the same on windows) and click adom-specific options. You can toggle mouse control off here. Click space and control m again to go to the menu again, then click save changes to config-adom.noe. If you close and open it, mouse control should still be off.

elenie
03-03-2014, 02:16 AM
I see, thanks. Seems that ADOM on my system (Windows 7) is unable to write config.noe (assuming we both trying the same option "refresh config.noe"). When I try, the file doesn't change in any way, and I get no message indicating the result of the write operation.

Would you be happy posting the resulting config.noe file from your system, or just the snippet that disables mouse control? Then I can probably just manually amend my own file.

Stingray1
03-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Press Ctrl-m and near the bottom of the main menu you'll see "s - save changes to: ...".

elenie
03-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I had no idea that menu existed - thanks!