PDA

View Full Version : 1rst time Toef

Khroll
03-04-2014, 04:44 PM
im about to attempt the chaos wyrm for the first time and im a bit afraid.
i attached a logfile , from reading throughout the internet i think the following infos are vital:

lvl 20 wizard,got a low iceball. 161 hitpoints(read its spells are dealing like 75 dmg ? )
i got 4+ fire intrinsc as well as a ring of ice.
got an uncursed potion of blindness(does it always hit and will completely disable thy wyrm?)
i got a ring of djinni summoning as well as a magical writing set.
i dont have dragon/demon slaying ammunition.

hope you got some advices

Blasphemous
03-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Some suggestions:

The best and most important thing you can do is this: put water orb into tool slot and wear that amulet of perseverance {Wi+5}.
Once your willpower reaches 32 or more (as it will when you put both items on) it will extend your ice ball range to 2 and you can literally destroy everything in the tower before it gets near you.
High willpower will also make you much more resistant to wyrm's confusion attacks.
If you really want to make this simple, throw that blessed potion of cure corruption at the wyrm - it will greatly damage and weaken him and you will be able to finish him off really quickly.
This character is set, you're ready to complete the game, tower of flames is just a formality with this setup.

- put that axe down, you won't be meleeing anything in the tower as a wizard and you don't need to be cursed from it while facing wyrm and his energy bolts; of all the items you have, it's best to equip sword of Nonnak for additional 5 willpower
- remember to only use frost bolt and ice balls on monsters, don't engage in melee as they can hit pretty hard, always be in coward mode for maximum DV bonus
- frost bolt : 1027, 6pp (Effectivity: +13) - this is your friend, use this everywhere on every monster - they will mostly just die but if they shrug it - use ice ball. You have enough ice ball castings to last you for the whole tower
- you don't need to use the potion of blindness on the wyrm, just ice ball him as soon as he comes within the range of your ice ball
- these are your friends: 8 blessed potions of extra healing, be careful when you face the wyrm, never stand in direct line of fire, watch your HP all the time, if it drops below 100, drink a potion
- with ice ball range 2 and some careful maneuvering, nothing should even be able to hit you, you can clear the whole tower with ease
- make sure you have good standing with your deity and some nice piety - in case of emergency, you can always pray and you can also pray for power points if you run out, it doesn't cost much piety

Leave rods in CoC, it might melt in the tower and you may need it later.

Khroll
03-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks.
That potion of cure corruption really helped, he paniced right after.
was really lucky this game finding a spellbook shop + a ring shop :)