PDA

View Full Version : Are hill orc sergeants the most clever of all Ancardia creatures?

mewmew
03-05-2014, 02:01 PM
It seems they are the only ones who never step on an alter when they see you ready to sacrifice them. I tested it with two different hill orc sergeants and they both completely refused to step on the altar and be sacrificed, even when we both were on the same line with the alter between my character and an orc, like this @_o, the orc went diagonally.

SirTheta
03-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Hill orcs and some other creatures [e.g. greater molochs, molochs, eternal guardian] move diagonally (I believe this is a category slowly being added to monster pages on the wiki). It's pretty easy to get them on another diagonal though.

JellySlayer
03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Some monsters always do diagonal movement instead of normal. This includes vortices, hill orc sergants, molochs, and a few other things. If the orc is spawned on the wrong even/odd tile parity as the altar, it's almost impossible to make them step on it.

mewmew
03-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Huh, but I sacrificed ordinary hill orcs without much effort... may be I did it slightly differently though but it's only sergeants who refused to be sacrificed completely (of those who I ever tried, I never tried to sacrifice a moloch of course :3)

Well, I see, thank you

Grey
03-05-2014, 02:09 PM
If you get another monster in their way it can force them to step onto the altar.

You're best killing them and eating their corpses though :)

Stingray1
03-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah, they tend to move diagonally. Stone giants also. You can still get them to step on the altar though, especially when other monsters are in their way. :)

GordonOverkill
03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
That's why I sometimes build a small corridor of doors around an altar where I want to sacc many monsters, so they are forced to move streight.

_Ln_
03-05-2014, 02:54 PM
You can also use two corridors with odd _and_ even lengths (make them pass through one and exit to another) which will disrupt their movement and shift it to another diagonal group (like white and black tiles in chess).

divij
03-16-2014, 08:34 PM
i think vortices are smarter.....just 2day i was playing a game and there was a room with a single passage and some monster was panicing and there was a vortice bhind him. the vortice kept giving him way and didnt explode till he was not in range to eat the explosion!