PDA

View Full Version : How many successful pickpocket attempts satisfy Yergius exactly?

mewmew
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I did that quest several times and still cannot understand, if that number depends on something or what, my current high elven wizard (neutral alignment) stole from at least more than 50 monsters after getting the quest (i.e. after it appeared in the quest log) and Yergius still asks to prove the skills. May it reset the counter because I asked him too early? Or he just hates elves? Or it's because the skill is just at 12%? I'm tempted to kill him after I get into the thieves guild which I usually avoid...

Stingray1
03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
IIRC, according to asdf it is 100, actually stealing something counts more than 1. Did he say it was 5? I'll go check and report back. E: he did say 5.

This number 100 will be reduced to 30 in the next prerelease.

How is your skill only at 12?

mewmew
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Huh, but I recall I stole like ~30 times or less to get into the guild, and the wiki suggests ~28 attempts too. I just hope it doesn't reset with checking, when you ask him if you steal enough or not, because currently I do all my stealing right in the Holeinthewall.

12% because my character is lvl 20 already, was lawful for a while, got pickpocket at lvl 19 and 12% was the limit.

Stingray1
03-13-2014, 11:47 AM
There used to be a bug where not stealing anything counted more than actually stealing something, so in 1.1.1 it was easier than currently. Which is probably what you remember and read in the wiki.