PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean 'you feel supported'?

mewmew
03-15-2014, 02:27 PM
I fought the Master Summoner and he got me to half hp, I left all my potions outside of the temple and I didn't want to use the water orb, so I prayed to Corellius and got that message with no visible effect, I had to pray another time to be healed. What did it even mean? Did he mock me, or something.

JellySlayer
03-15-2014, 02:42 PM
You got a pickaxe.

mewmew
03-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Umm... ty, I see, I was near the inside wall of the temple almost staying in the tunnel which I dug. What a stupid god -_-

JellySlayer
03-15-2014, 03:11 PM
I think on any of the temple levels, praying without a pickaxe in your inventory, even if the temple is already breached, still produces a pickaxes.

Annoyingly, it's quite an expensive and high priority prayer as well.

Stingray1
03-15-2014, 05:39 PM
For some reason one doesn't get a pickaxe on the water temple level.

Al-Khwarizmi
03-16-2014, 11:30 AM
What a crappy faith you guys have. If your deity gives you a pick axe, who are you to question His or Her ways? Undoubtedly you need a pick axe even if you haven't noticed yet. That, or you are being punished for your unfaithfulness.

On Earth, there are lots of people whose deities never gave them even a pick axe, and they keep their faith! In fact, if ADOM gods had power on Earth and could make pick axes appear from thin air, I think they would gain quite a following.

anon123
03-16-2014, 04:08 PM
In fact, if ADOM gods had power on Earth and could make pick axes appear from thin air, I think they would gain quite a following.

Especially considering ADOM pickaxes let a completely untrained person pulverize a segment of wall in mere minutes.

mewmew
03-17-2014, 02:54 AM
In fact, if ADOM gods had power on Earth and could make pick axes appear from thin air, I think they would gain quite a following.

it's a scary thought considering how many persons one should burn on the altar to get that power

Stingray1
03-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Fortunately there is a lot of people.

_Ln_
03-17-2014, 08:25 AM
There are some threads on the issue tracker to address prayer penalties. I believe the current system is rather nonsensical at times (for instance, PP refill instead of item uncursing when the char doesn't even have spells - happened to my latest ADOMPossible char in the ToEF).

Or the necessity of restoring HP (PP) from 1/2 to full before you are able to precrown.