PDA

View Full Version : courage quest

Ozma777
03-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Do the newer 1.20 versions have an "You have completed your current Quest" message when you complete the courage quest 20 first kills? Or does it still not have a message.

Stingray1
03-18-2014, 07:53 AM
There is no message, you have to do the arithmetic yourself. That is, if you know what your first kill was. :p

Blasphemous
03-18-2014, 08:07 AM
This is why I typically kill beggars or muggers first. Courage skill is relatively useless and there's a significantly higher chance I will want to do an ultra than chance for me to want courage skill.
Also. occasionally I will use monster memory (& key) to remember the first kill.

anon123
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Interestingly enough, Twinge's notes say the game is supposed to print the message "You feel a little more courageous" (which is inside the executable) when you slay another of your first killed monster, after taking the quest. But it doesn't do that, must be a bug.

Also. occasionally I will use monster memory (& key) to remember the first kill.

I always use '&' to remember the first kill, even though I've yet to get anywhere close to doing an ultra. A thanks goes to Guidebook for strongly lecturing me on its importance when I was new :p

Cielo
03-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Go to the infinite dungeon and keep going exploring each entire level until you meet Filk. He Will be generated on the level number coresponding to your current number of kills on your First Killed monster. :k to check your killed monsters list and find him and hunt him down. I had this same problem... I made it to level 21 and never met filk... so I narrowed it down to low level creatures that i had killed more than 21 of. (but not too much more) I had killed like 100 rats before I went to the Infinite Dungeon so I knew it wasn't the rat. Check back with the Old Barbarian periodically and see what he says to determine if you have killed 0 more of your first kill or at least 1 more of your first kill.

SirTheta
03-19-2014, 12:36 AM
That only works if you actually get the quest to kill Filk, which is not exactly easy.