PDA

View Full Version : my adom file is getting corrupted due to background corruption!!

divij
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, the title is self explanatory!

Ive seen some crazy shit happening in the last couple of days
there was once a shop which was completely separated from the room...ie u had to make your way by digging
another time there was a npc fight between 2 monsters... floating eye and ghost bat..the FE paralysed the ghost bat but the ghost bat stil hit him and killed him!!
ANd now the most recent is my keys have changed for what they do..
for example the key \ used to see corruptions is now # and @ is reversibly "
this is really irritating :(
shud i just re-dl adom or is there an out?
TY

ps i saved screenshot of the first 2 events in case u ppl need it

szopin
03-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, the title is self explanatory!

Ive seen some crazy shit happening in the last couple of days
there was once a shop which was completely separated from the room...ie u had to make your way by digging
another time there was a npc fight between 2 monsters... floating eye and ghost bat..the FE paralysed the ghost bat but the ghost bat stil hit him and killed him!!
ANd now the most recent is my keys have changed for what they do..
for example the key \ used to see corruptions is now # and @ is reversibly "
this is really irritating :(
shud i just re-dl adom or is there an out?
TY

ps i saved screenshot of the first 2 events in case u ppl need it

check if your keyboard layout hasn't switched (on windows press ctrl+shift once to toggle), @ and " are often shift+2, so if you switched between layouts this could explain it

divij
03-22-2014, 09:16 PM
check if your keyboard layout hasn't switched (on windows press ctrl+shift once to toggle), @ and " are often shift+2, so if you switched between layouts this could explain it

wow thanks that worked!! btw it was alt+shift for me. thanks a lot again!!

Blasphemous
03-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, ctrl+shift is the default shortcut (may occasionally be alt+shift) in windows and it's always active.
Very annoying, I always disable it as soon as I have a new OS installation.