PDA

View Full Version : Number of hitpoints gained upon levelling

Cactus
04-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Does temporarily boosting the character's Toughness score at the moment of reaching a new experience level help with receiving a higher permanent hitpoint increase?

Dual-wielding knives of endurance, drinking a potion of boost toughness, etc...

I always suspected that, but never really did a test to quantify it. So before I do that I thought I'd check if someone already knew.

Especially in 1.2.0 I had some extremely low HP increases. And since e.g. herb training uses the base stats now, maybe it's the same behavior when gaining a level.

_Ln_
04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Does temporarily boosting the character's Toughness score at the moment of reaching a new experience level help with receiving a higher permanent hitpoint increase?

Dual-wielding knives of endurance, drinking a potion of boost toughness, etc...

I always suspected that, but never really did a test to quantify it. So before I do that I thought I'd check if someone already knew.

Especially in 1.2.0 I had some extremely low HP increases. And since e.g. herb training uses the base stats now, maybe it's the same behavior when gaining a level.

As far as I am aware, HP is updated dynamically with Toughness value, so there is no reason to boost Toughness before the level-up.

Cactus
04-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks! I was curious though and tested it. There is some variation in HP gain, but as you said it is unrelated to a temporary toughness buff.

Testing was done with a level 19 character with 206 HP and Toughness of 21/21.

I leveled up 10 times normally and got the following HP increases:
Average: 12.5

Then, the character was leveled up 10 times after having equipped a knife of endurance {To+4} and bracers of toughness {To+4}, thus having To 29/21 and 264 HP before the levelup. After leveling the original items were equipped and the HP gains were:
Average: 12.4

divij
04-13-2014, 11:30 AM
thanks for this i really didnt know this and used to always equip my toughness items just b4 lvlup...used to