PDA

View Full Version : Ice Queen Domain

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Post your finds here! Use [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] tags.

I'm gonna tease you, bros, with this beautiful pic!

http://i.imgur.com/qTN37qV.png

EDIT: If you find something and want to share it, I can include it in my posts (with your reference of course) so that we could have all info in one place.

EDIT: despite the fact that I lost, I'm completely overwhelmed by the scope of this one sidequest and all the innovative staff. Dr Biskup, you are a genius!

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 02:14 AM
IC:1

Two guys on the right are snow golems. You enter from the right side. Every time you reenter the level, golems respawn. These guys are comparable to steel golems, except they have less damage and breathe ice. Correction: they do not in fact see invisible. They are also not vulnerable to lightning. They are still constructs though.

2 giant rooms up and down are filled with ice statues (so 144 in total), small rooms to the left are treasure rooms (filled with crap in my case). Ice status have 15 PV and hit relatively hard. Unlike golems they don't see invis. Ice statues do not respawn.

You are constantly dealt cold damage while on the level. I don't know the magnitude as I'm too afraid to unequip AMW. It also deals equipment for scrolls and potions. I have only fire and waterproof blankets, so I can't check if plain blankets offer some protection. Suddenly ring of fire are reasonable.

Teleportation is disabled on the level
Wands of fire and wands of fireball do not work at all (they give special message). I don't know about fire spells, but I'd assume the situation is the same.

Offensive alchemy does work on the level. I'm too scared to try it against golems, as I don't have enough fire protection.

Tune it for the next update!

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 02:26 AM
IC:2

Not much here: trap filled part, secret passage in the upper part (it leads to a scary level with some crazy stuff, I will come back to it later).

Piece of info: potions and scrolls and books do not get destroyed on the floor.

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 02:40 AM
IC:3

It's a huge-ass battle :D I was lazy to record a video, I'll try it next time.

Basically there's a team of cold guys vs a team of fire guys. Cold guys win thanks to vortices :D

Starting positions:

Engaging!

I enjoy a snack watching the carnage.

Fire forces are pwned.

Everything is non-hostile towards you, until you pick up any items - a number of creatures in your direct vicinity will try to kill you.
Luckiliy it seems that nothing there can see invisible. There are a couple of monster with cold aura - they will damage you while you are still standing near. Did I say you will need AMW there? :D

I picked up randomly dropped hammer of the gods and decided to go to the next location.

IC:3 revisited

On my way back I tried the small hole in the bottom-right corner (where red guys entered). It simply leads to the wilderness, so it's a kind of a shortcut I guess?

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 02:47 AM
IC:4

If you bumble here you'll die.

We enter another room and guess what - we are standing on ice. If your weight exceeds the limit, the first tile you appear on the level will not break, but as soon as you do a step, everything changes. To return back you'll have to step into another ice tile and it will also break! I didn't have swimming, so it was kinda scary.

ADOM will remember the exact horizontal coordinate of the level when you enter it from below - so if you managed to break some ice, do not reenter the level on the same tile, move left or right.

Not much else, there's a chaos diplomat standing there. If you talk to him, he'll tell you to kill the ice queen (I was lawful, so but he gave me a chance to "redeem" myself).

I didn't dare to attack him, this guy is likely buff. His speed is 175, so take care.

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:04 AM
IC:5

Not much here, except the ice continues a bit.

I explore the stuff and there's a bunch of berserkers led by a berserker prince and a bunch of yetis (these guys have penetrating attack, but their to-hit is non-existant).
As soon as I got too close this happened:

So much for a warm welcome (see what I did there? hehe).

There's a bunch of "distand wind" messages, so there must be something to this level. I kicked all walls, but wasn't able to find anything. Teleport doesn't work.

I didn't have magic mapping or monster detection/item detection :/

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:09 AM
IC:6

Garden! Those are yetis and they are immobile and don't care about you apparently.
EDIT: Unless you go near them. See IC:6 revisited below and make your path as not to get close to them.

This is even better with tiles:

Psst, grobble, check this out:

Not much here anyway, I don't have extra mapping tools, so I continue onward.

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:19 AM
IC:7

Prison!

Kicked everything, no secret doors. White Ys are ice statues and they didn't care what I did at all.

Free forge if you can manage the cold.

Prison cells. Some are empty, some have bones, some have hostile monsters. I didn't explore everything

Onwards!

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:25 AM
IC:8

This place is annoying.

I lost my entrance pic, sorry.

There's a bunch of water tiles everywhere (hot springs).

At random intervals you have a chance to be thrown somewhere:

You can lose items in your hands and your headgear. Great place to lose cursed equipment, eh? (I didn't actually check this as I don't have either holy water or uncursing scrolls).

Navigating here is a pain. Luckily I didn't get drenched and decided to check the left side first. I wonder how Moloch's Thorns will work here.

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:38 AM
Ice Queen Throne

And I was right in going to the left (pun not intended).

We enter the throne hall and are being watched.

Text ends with "eyes are looking at you" or some sort.

All these guys are invisible stalkers.

Proof:

Me: AMW, mostly.
This thing is a must there, no exceptions!

We meet the cutie:

She gives us the quest to go kill a frost giant jarl tainted by chaos called Haggor. Apparently their forces are battling and her domain is getting weakened by it. This guy lives somewhere to north-west.

She also knew that I talked to the chaos diplomat and warned me in a cute way not to try anything. She's likely very powerful.

Sure, cutie, I'll do that!

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 03:42 AM
IC:8 revisited

Blup, I need you!

Apparently, there's not much else there (or is it?)

Garden revisited

Ok, apparently don't go near the yetis or they turn violent!.

_Ln_
04-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Frost Giant Caves

After the quest is given, they appear to the left on the world map.

Entrance (whoops, lost pic).

There are 5 (or 6?) levels and the last one is called ????

I generated a greater giant vault on level 4. I wonder if it's guaranteed.

Entering last level:
Does it mean anything I wonder?

I explored the level and didn't find anyone :/

There was a bee hive, I smashed it, started killing bees and then this happened:

I wonder if the guy tried to appear somewhere? ADOM became unresponsive and I had to kill it via process manager.

Sad end of the tale.
Perhaps he's actually in the greater vault? Or completely elsewhere.

Aftermath

I can't get up my savefile - it gives the following message and exits after I press Enter:

Someone else (or me later) will have to unravel the mystery!

asdf
04-19-2014, 05:20 AM
I generated a greater giant vault on level 4. I wonder if it's guaranteed.

Greater undead vault & level 5

grobblewobble
04-19-2014, 12:06 PM
I wonder how hard this is going to be for a drakeling.

Superteeth
04-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Impossible, most likely. Seems like an oversight on Biskup's part (seeing as how only offensive alchemy is available to speed them up). I haven't seen all the messages from _Ln_'s posts, but there seem to be a lot of typos as well (hatefilled eyes, "I wall reward you", etc.).

Alucard
04-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks to asdf for giving the me his save

More on IC2 and ICD

The monsters on ICD were mostly the normal IC monsters, but there was a greater titan and death ooze too. There was another up staircase which lead back to IC2 and a corridor with two items .. a wand of cold and a ring of fire resistance. :confused:
https://i.imgur.com/xkHtA91.png

More on IC5

https://i.imgur.com/8VVfJ9X.png
https://i.imgur.com/OblDQ6i.png
Did not find a "good" way to get to the monsters. Killing the Ice Queen did not release them. No diggable walls. A wand of destruction DID open the room.
Exiting IC5 via any way except the normal entrance and exit leads back to the wilderness.

More on ICT

The ice queen seems to have a DV of 38-44 (39 on the average). She has a PV of about 10. The maximum PV encountered was 11. She seems to have 540 hit points on the average. Usually she attacks 1 time. You noticed a maximum of 2 attacks. A hit causes 26-55 points of damage (38 on the average). She seems to have an average speed of about 121. She is able to paralyze by touch. She is able to summon help. She is able to quickly regenerate. She is able to cast spells. She is immune to ice attacks. One kill on the average seems to be worth 74659 experience points.

Attacking her also aggros the invisible stalkers. She seemed to have some reluctance to follow me as I retreated, but did end up doing so.

Turning in the quest to kill her to the chaos diplomat rewarded a corruption and:

uncursed worm-ridden adamantium chain mail "Wormskin" of chaos (-1, -3) [-1, +9]
uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0]
uncursed adamantium boots [+0, +3]
uncursed flaming eternium scimitar "Spite" of corruption (+3, 2d8+8)
uncursed hateful eternium scimitar "Terror" of mayhem (+0, 4d8+16)
uncursed fireproof blanket
uncursed potion of extra healing
heap of 3 uncursed potions of exchange

The names are just inscriptions, they are not artifacts. Terror's pretty nice.

Killing the chaos diplomat dropped nothing. I did not then talk to the queen though.

adom-admin
04-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Impossible, most likely. Seems like an oversight on Biskup's part (seeing as how only offensive alchemy is available to speed them up). I haven't seen all the messages from _Ln_'s posts, but there seem to be a lot of typos as well (hatefilled eyes, "I wall reward you", etc.).

I'm grateful for all pointers to typos. Thanks! The two mentioned have been fixed.

adom-admin
04-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Sadly the frost giant jarl quest right now is broken beyond repair due to a last minute change. *Sigh*

See http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2837

Qui
04-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Also found a greater vault in the frost giant jarl caves (lvl 5) but it was a fire one. A bit strange, given that the dungeon is populated with forst giants.

Also, IDC can spawn some nasties. Met great karmic wyrm, moloch, greater moloch, master lich.

Superteeth
04-20-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm grateful for all pointers to typos. Thanks! The two mentioned have been fixed.

I would really like to be able to point out all the typos to you, as I am very good at spotting them (they literally jump out at me, and I hate to type with poor grammar or spelling because of this), but I don't have access to the pre-releases. I'm sure everyone else will spot them for you, though, and I may consider buying into the pre-releases eventually as well.

Stingray1
04-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Greater undead vault & level 5

Yeah, I also had an GUV(with 8 Emperors:(). So, we can fairly safely assume it is guaranteed. Also had a lesser vault on the next level, ironically a mix of Frost Giants, Berserkers, Jarls and white baby dragons.

Who needs to gamble or rob or live sac or care about chaos, I'm rich.2440

sylph
04-25-2014, 05:45 PM
I would really like to be able to point out all the typos to you, as I am very good at spotting them (they literally jump out at me, and I hate to type with poor grammar or spelling because of this), but I don't have access to the pre-releases. I'm sure everyone else will spot them for you, though, and I may consider buying into the pre-releases eventually as well.

Since (and only since) this is about grammar, I can't help but mention that you're misusing the word 'literally' here. ;)

JellySlayer
04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
No, he's just using it figuratively. It's standard usage that dates back to the 18th Century.

Superteeth
04-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Since (and only since) this is about grammar, I can't help but mention that you're misusing the word 'literally' here. ;)

There are two camps of thought on that one. One side says you cannot use "literally" except to state that something is happening exactly as you describe, and one that says that it also encompasses situations where one speaks figuratively. Mark Twain used the word in a figurative sense way back in the 1800s, along with other great writers.

I do understand where you're coming from, what with recent years completely changing real, credible dictionaries into circuses of stupid words or stupid definitions. However, I don't see the usage of "literally" in a figurative sense as one of those changes, as it has been used for a while. If we always held true to the etymological bases of words, then "literally" would actually be defined closer to "word for word", as per its Greek origins. In this case, we are both wrong, right?

Al-Khwarizmi
04-26-2014, 08:11 AM
As a Spanish speaker I'm always puzzled at those English words that are antonyms of themselves. "Literally" originally meant "exactly as written", it's crazy to make it mean the opposite!

It's as in "apparent", which can mean "it's obvious" or "it's not what it seems". Or "oversight" which can mean supervision, but also lack of supervision.

I don't think we have such crazy words in Spanish so for me they are genuinely confusing, sometimes I read them thinking they mean "A" and later, when I see the context, I figure out that they meant "not A"...

"All but" also used to confuse me a lot but with time I've gotten the hang of it. It seems to mean "almost" 99% of the time, and never really "everything except for", which is what a reasonable person would expect it to mean :P

Blasphemous
04-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Excuse me hijacking your linguistic divagations, but I have Ice Queen Realm to discuss.

My most recent ranger went in to enjoy that battle between fire and cold monsters and the fire ones were victorious, thanks to ice vortices exploding early and leaving three fire giant kings alive and well to slaughter everything else.
I'm still curious about that diplomat however; I also played an L+ char and chose to not do what he asked but I have to wonder: since in the current prerelease the jarl quest is broken, did anybody choose the chaotic path?
What are the rewards? How hard is the ice queen? Does she drop anything interesting?

YourMum
04-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Alucard did it, post 16 of this thread, in the spoiler tags

grobblewobble
04-26-2014, 11:42 AM
When "literally" is used to exaggerate, it should not be taken literally. It's literally a figure of speech, then.

Shrlock
04-29-2014, 09:07 PM
I did the ice queen quest in p22

First quest was the frost giant jarl, the reward were 4 potions of cure corruption
Second quest was to kill the chaos diplomat, reward was some stat increases
Third quest was to kill the pink crime lord. I had already killed him, so I think I got no reward

_Ln_
04-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Monsters in the Ice Queen Domain (at least in some parts) seem to be adjusted to character's level.
I just went there at clvl 50 and here's a standard guy from the courtyard:

You examine the berserker. Diagnosis: Level: 49, DV: 40, PV: 9, Hits: 290, Attacks: 6, Damage: 20-26. Speed: 107.

Doors in the prison are all locked and seem to have a predefined pattern:
top row - triangular, small, square.
bottom row - hexagonal, tiny, round.

Some monsters automatically become your companions if you open the door with the following message:
The chaos eye hiss {sic} with joy as it sees you!

BenMathiesen
05-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Agreed, we finally have a reason to covet rings of fire. It's a nice touch that fire magic is disabled in her realm.

The ice statues hit really hard. I was L16 when I entered the moathouse and got my ass nearly handed to me by them. I used up 4 potions of extra healing clearing the first treasure room, then bugged out and returned when I was level 25. But I was happy to snag the crown of ice.

I finally did got a character far enough to do this quest, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. :-) The Haggar quest worked, I encountered a GUV on the penultimate level and a huge wand shop on level 1.

I was hoping I could talk to her about poor Ygazz, but she doesn't want to chat. I think it would be cool if you could ask her about various items and NPCs, like Thrundarr, and she responds with a bit of lore and backstory.

YourMum
05-05-2014, 06:49 PM
The Haggar quest worked, I encountered a GUV on the penultimate level and a huge wand shop on level 1.

I was hoping I could talk to her about poor Ygazz, but she doesn't want to chat. I think it would be cool if you could ask her about various items and NPCs, like Thrundarr, and she responds with a bit of lore and backstory.

I got a potion shop and a crappy ring shop, both small, neither with anything good in. Is this a thing, are shops more likely to turn up or coincidence?

My GUV had 10 emperor liches, 14 kings and a load of masters. screw that!

i was wondering about ygass too. maybe we'll find out more on the next release afterall the ice queen says to come back later

shockeroo
05-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know if the Ice Queen gives her quests to chaotics?

_Ln_
05-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know if the Ice Queen gives her quests to chaotics?

She doesn't. Was a bummer to discover at lvl 50 C- :/

shockeroo
05-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Suspected she wouldn't - really glad I turned back before entering her throneroom now!

YourMum
05-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Regarding the ice queen quest rewards

does anyone recall what stat increases she gives. I was expecting some potions after misreading one of _Ln_'s posts. I got a strength boost definitely, I think 2 points, but remember what my previous values for others stats were

Qui
05-14-2014, 04:34 PM
I think I got
+2St +2Wi +2To for the second quest

Anyone knows what the "you feel blessed in a very special way" for the first quest means?

Blasphemous
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
What about more quests? After the third, she says something like "more work will be available later" but I returned at lvl 50 and she still said the same thing.

jt
05-14-2014, 07:28 PM
"later" means in a later version of the game. ;)

wasternne
05-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Hi, people. Could you please give me a hint on where all this "Ice Queen Domain" staff is found? I haven't played for years and am only starting to understand all the changes ADoM underwent since it's resurrection.

Ravenmore
05-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Somewhat spoilery hints version:

West of the hottest place in Ancardia.
You need to be experienced enough to enter it.

Huge huge blunt and to-the-point spoiler below. You have been warned. :)

It's a new "dungeon" on the southwest side of the map, somewhat west of ToEF. You need to be at least lvl15 to enter.

wasternne
05-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Thank you very much!

JellySlayer
05-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Realistically, unless your character is really buff, you'll get slaughtered at level 15.

_Ln_
05-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Realistically, unless your character is really buff, you'll get slaughtered at level 15.

That's not true as nothing there can see invis.

BrianL
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Having a guaranteed GV at level 15 is going to be the new precrowning. I found a suit of black dragon scale armor too. Of course, I already had collected all the orbs before I risked exploring something new.

BenMathiesen
05-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Greed will kill you!

I just lost a promising L30 character in that GV, because I'd been using Thunderstroke to get to the artifacts and realized I had left it behind. So I went into the vault a second time to recover my toy. I was immune to fire but not to the claws and bites of the ancient dragons.

YourMum
06-01-2014, 09:59 AM
More on IC5

https://i.imgur.com/8VVfJ9X.png
https://i.imgur.com/OblDQ6i.png
Did not find a "good" way to get to the monsters. Killing the Ice Queen did not release them. No diggable walls. A wand of destruction DID open the room.
Exiting IC5 via any way except the normal entrance and exit leads back to the wilderness.

i don't know if anyone else has found out how to release the monsters but i did last last night and it wasn't fun at all, ie on dead PC. i was trying it out with a drakeling (if you're good and your character pretty buff it's not sooo bad, only reduced to half speed) and got the attention of a couple of berzerkers and the prince. i was backing up along the wall that keeps all those monsters at bay, getting at best half as many turns as the berzerkers (that prince just doesn't shut up does he!) and trying to whittle down their their health between mind blasts when the prince did something (i can't remember the exact message as it was buried under the REALLY SHOUTY MESSAGE SPAM) and the wall disappeared and i was swamped. and then dead. obviously a tricky situation for any PC, made worse being a cold old drakeling, made even more worse by the fact that a lot of the monsters are constructs (i'm
guessing frozen ones are undead too). this will need investigated a bit more but my advice is to kill the prince asap and don't let him get near the north central wall!

BenMathiesen
06-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me! I thought it was a great surprise/feature of the level design. Drakelings need to be very careful in that domain.

My next visit was with a mindcrafter and I was careful to keep the prince confused all the time. :-)

Mobius
06-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I wonder how hard this is going to be for a drakeling.

I'm trying it just now.

First time through some areas, it was OK. Then I got some message about the storm going harder, and boom, I'm at speed 10.
I think I killed a few too many of the locals, and the location turned on me. Speed 10 is death on a stick, so I'm going to do something easy like a Ultra ending.

YourMum
06-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me! I thought it was a great surprise/feature of the level design. Drakelings need to be very careful in that domain.

My next visit was with a mindcrafter and I was careful to keep the prince confused all the time. :-)

same situation again, i heeded your words but even confused he still rants and raves, and at such a low speed i couldn't tackle him before the flood gates opened and i was swamped with bad guys. having no teleportation really was the death of my character, the age old tactic of running away doesn't work when you're playing as a lizard-shaped ice lolly :(

seriously the ice queen's house is no place for a drakling let alone a stupid mindcrafter. if you're strong as hell i'm sure you can rack up the experience at half speed but you take so many hits and get in so few. i was only going in there for the xp's, just to dash to queenie for the quests and open up the frost giant cave.

i really like the ice domain, for me it's a good place to gain xps before hitting the tower, just neither drakling nor mindcrafter friendly really.

mewmew
06-09-2014, 04:46 AM
i wonder, if a drakeling can go there casting a lot of offensive alchemy to warm up

LexyBoy
06-09-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm trying it just now.

First time through some areas, it was OK. Then I got some message about the storm going harder, and boom, I'm at speed 10.
I think I killed a few too many of the locals, and the location turned on me. Speed 10 is death on a stick, so I'm going to do something easy like a Ultra ending.

I had that message too...immediately after using a wand for the first time on IC:1 trying to deal with the hordes of ice statues, so assumed it was magic-related. It could just be random/time related though.

seriously the ice queen's house is no place for a drakling let alone a stupid mindcrafter. if you're strong as hell i'm sure you can rack up the experience at half speed but you take so many hits and get in so few. i was only going in there for the xp's, just to dash to queenie for the quests and open up the frost giant cave.

i really like the ice domain, for me it's a good place to gain xps before hitting the tower, just neither drakling nor mindcrafter friendly really.

Well I've just made it to the Ice Queen for the first time with a level 20 gnomish mindcrafter, and it felt dangerous enough to be exciting without being certain death. In fact the most dangerous part was those bloody ice statues on the first level - I assumed the way down was in one of the 3x2 rooms behind them. They hit bloody hard, I'd definitely be dead if hadn't got permainvis from an invisible stalker earlier! Though accidentally sacrificing the AMW didn't help.
Am very impressed with the Ice Queen Domain so far (not done her quest yet) - feels very atmospheric and more puzzle-like than other dungeons.

Al-Khwarizmi
06-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I did it at level 17... not without risks, but it was lots of fun and my character finished in great shape for the ToEF.

JellySlayer
06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I was able to do it at around the same with a Paladin + Justifier. Wasn't too bad except for the balor in the basement area, which was a bit scary. But I think an average level 15-18 character would probably have a pretty tough go of it though.

Al-Khwarizmi
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Wait, what? A balor in the... what? Do you refer to the frost giant jarl caves, or is it that I didn't explore everything after all?

gym21
06-09-2014, 03:29 PM
'Balor in the basement' needs to replace 'elephant in the room' in our cliche lexicon.

_Ln_
06-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Is there any reason to even go to the basement? Did you really need that wand of cold? :D

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Questions concerning the "gifts" of a diplomat

Has anyone greater ID'd Spite and Terror and the Worm-armor? I currently playing a C- chaos knight and I have foe slammer and better armor so I choose not use or wear the others. If fact I dropped them in case they have nasty side effects (as they probably do).

One upside is that if I was going for the UCG ending they would have been very nice saccing material.

I didn't have any Greater Id scrolls. As I'm a CK I wont be returning to Id them otherwise I would offer. I'm just curious.

Also, the invisible stalkers didn't become hostile when I killed her. I'm not sure why this might have been the case...

JellySlayer
06-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Wait, what? A balor in the... what? Do you refer to the frost giant jarl caves, or is it that I didn't explore everything after all?

There's a hidden room in one the early levels. I think maybe the second one? That leads to a lower level. The lower level is a fairly uninteresting area, except that there's a apparently one guaranteed very high DL monster in there. It leads to a small cache of useful items.

_Ln_
06-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Questions concerning the "gifts" of a diplomat

Has anyone greater ID'd Spite and Terror and the Worm-armor? I currently playing a C- chaos knight and I have foe slammer and better armor so I choose not use or wear the others. If fact I dropped them in case they have nasty side effects (as they probably do).

One upside is that if I was going for the UCG ending they would have been very nice saccing material.

I didn't have any Greater Id scrolls. As I'm a CK I wont be returning to Id them otherwise I would offer. I'm just curious.

Also, the invisible stalkers didn't become hostile when I killed her. I'm not sure why this might have been the case...

As far as I remember, Alucard great-Id'd them back then but those were simply eternium scimitars/armor. Wormskin, Spite and Terror are just inscriptions as far as I'm aware.

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
As far as I remember, Alucard great-Id'd them back then but those were simply eternium scimitars/armor. Wormskin, Spite and Terror are just inscriptions as far as I'm aware.

Does that mean they cannot be used as saccing material? That'd be pretty sad as accumulating enough artifacts would be tough for an aspiring C- CK. But life for them is pretty hard for them anyway and I'm not bothering so whatever. :)

_Ln_
06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Does that mean they cannot be used as saccing material? That'd be pretty sad as accumulating enough artifacts would be tough for an aspiring C- CK. But life for them is pretty hard for them anyway and I'm not bothering so whatever. :)

You mean as ralting fodder? No chance here I'm afraid.

You can feed Moon Sickle, phial, crown of science, RoTHK (EG doesn't give a damn anyway), ankh and AMW. Problem solved :D
On a serious note you can do Maze and feed your silly maul and extra art dropped by the dude.

Even newly Ice Queen's greater vault is inaccessible because screw CKs, eh?

If I were you, I'd RFE chaos diplomat opening up Frost Giant Caves for his brother/sister as a legitimate place to plunder and possibly to chat with Haggor and receive some trinket from him for killing the queen as well. I don't play CKs because despite what people say, I find the content restrictions too severe and the game increasingly boring and absolutely pointless unless you go for an ultra.

SirTheta
06-09-2014, 05:59 PM
You mean as ralting fodder? No chance here I'm afraid.

You can feed Moon Sickle, phial, crown of science, RoTHK (EG doesn't give a damn anyway), ankh and AMW. Problem solved :D
On a serious note you can do Maze and feed your silly maul and extra art dropped by the dude.

Even newly Ice Queen's greater vault is inaccessible because screw CKs, eh?

If I were you, I'd RFE chaos diplomat opening up Frost Giant Caves for his brother/sister as a legitimate place to plunder and possibly to chat with Haggor and receive some trinket from him for killing the queen as well. I don't play CKs because despite what people say, I find the content restrictions too severe and the game increasingly boring and absolutely pointless unless you go for an ultra.
They are poorly implemented at this point in time, yes. Maybe at some point in the future they will be worth playing.

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
If I wasn't lazy I would RFE the fact that because they are named I assumed they were artifacts. I think this is the biggest issue at hand.

It would be nice for the diplomat to open up the caves but I can understand that Chaos Knights are supposed to have it harder. I think that Chaos Knights are, like mist elves, supposed to be a challenge class and thus shutting down most avenues of gameplay. I think they do that quite well (as I'm playing them pure chaotic).

Evil Knievel
08-17-2014, 08:56 PM
I did this today for the first time, and had avoided spoilers (like this thread) so far ... it was scary. I had a lvl17 bard.

The ice statues hit me hard, until I learned to use my ring of invisibility. Otherwise it would just not have been possible.

The Jarl caves are crazy. The usual giants were fine, but the frost giant really hit me hard. Fortunately I was crowned N so that I could afford to pray some 5 times at least (since I screwed up and sacrificed one of them on a L altar, pissing that god off instead of achieving conversion, i had no blessed equipment anymore (potions of extra healing from the dwarf, spenseweeds, etc...) So I relied a lot on wands of fireball and wands of fire, which work in those caves. The greater vault was of mixed Giants, much easier than the frost ones everywhere else. But I left it be when I heard the "thumb" sounds...

Then below, the vault of Haggar was solved by sneaking in invisible, blowing a wand of fire to lure haggard out, and then exploding him with fireball from thrundarrs wand. I wish I knew what the special blessing from the ice queen was.

The chaos diplomat had 236 speed, and I could only take him out by throwing a potion of cure corruption at him. Worked very very well. A potion of blindness had not impressed him before in the slightest.

Killing hotzenplotz was a funny task.

This character should be well prepared for the tower, now. Soooo many items from all those tension rooms and vaults....

Firebeetle
10-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I did this today for the first time, and had avoided spoilers (like this thread) so far ... it was scary. I had a lvl17 bard.

The ice statues hit me hard, until I learned to use my ring of invisibility. Otherwise it would just not have been possible.

The Jarl caves are crazy. The usual giants were fine, but the frost giant really hit me hard. Fortunately I was crowned N so that I could afford to pray some 5 times at least (since I screwed up and sacrificed one of them on a L altar, pissing that god off instead of achieving conversion, i had no blessed equipment anymore (potions of extra healing from the dwarf, spenseweeds, etc...) So I relied a lot on wands of fireball and wands of fire, which work in those caves. The greater vault was of mixed Giants, much easier than the frost ones everywhere else. But I left it be when I heard the "thumb" sounds...

Then below, the vault of Haggar was solved by sneaking in invisible, blowing a wand of fire to lure haggard out, and then exploding him with fireball from thrundarrs wand. I wish I knew what the special blessing from the ice queen was.

The chaos diplomat had 236 speed, and I could only take him out by throwing a potion of cure corruption at him. Worked very very well. A potion of blindness had not impressed him before in the slightest.

Killing hotzenplotz was a funny task.

This character should be well prepared for the tower, now. Soooo many items from all those tension rooms and vaults....
I too learned some lessons ...

First visit with correct clothing and a ring of fire, not being invisible. I even managed to get to the ice queen. As I always lost headgear, sword and shield in the storm room I put it off before entering the throne room, went back and got killed by the ice golems at the entrance, because I forgot to put sword and Rolf's Savior back on.
Another time i drowned in the storm room.
Next visit I killed Haggar, went back to kill the ambassador of Chaos, but got a little problem with a beserker prince who opened a wall. A dragon put my mist elven priest to eternal rest ...
After another death in the greater vault by some ancient fire dragons I succeded next time in killing the chaos ambassador by three strokes of divine wrath from a safe distance.
Facit: Correct clothing, a ring of fire, being invisible, caring for the berserker prince, taking some swimming lessons in advance and not being to greedy are very helpful.

plllizzz9
11-01-2014, 03:58 PM
I lost a level 21 Assassin in the Domain, wielding a whip of mayhem and Kinslayer combo. How?

One of the fire grues in the battle managed to kill some weaker monsters and gain enough levels to completely obliterate the remains of ice army [surrounded and vastly outnumbered!], only to catch up to me with its boosted speed and massacre me in 2 turns flat. The lack of teleportation on the level sealed my death quite cleanly.