PDA

View Full Version : Hilarity ensues: Trap room and Tension room is the same room

BoloDigby
04-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Twice in last couple of days (different characters) I've encounter a trap and tension room being the same room. As I am traveling down a hallway, I get messages of 'explosions', water trap message, 'pained barks', etc. Finally open the door and instead of being greeted with a throng of foes, I see corpses, acid traps, water traps, and open pits!

For some reason I find this to be hilarious...

JellySlayer
04-25-2014, 07:40 PM
It's good fun when this happens, unless you're quite low level--then you have the risk of pit vipers randomly teleporting all over the level.

Superteeth
04-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Apparently (according to the guidebook, I believe) if a trap and tension room are generated on the same level, they will ALWAYS be in the same room. I have never seen the two separated on one level.

anon123
04-26-2014, 02:47 AM
This is rare, but really fun to watch, especially when multiple fireball traps are triggered. :)

Blasphemous
04-26-2014, 10:13 AM
It's even more fun when mentioned room is, say, in UL:5 and the monsters involved are titans, quickling royalty, molochs, unicorns, balors :D

divij
05-02-2014, 06:18 PM
ive seen a video on youtube of some1 on d1 having this experience except a monster gets turned in WMOPC...that aint fun!!

kNightCrawler
05-03-2014, 08:09 AM
haha, yeah, this seems to happen *every* time the two rooms are generated on the same level... =D
Saw one recently that happened with a tension room full of ghosts, which just float over floor traps, so that really spoiled the fun... ={

Maul
05-03-2014, 07:54 PM
I had a threat room and a trap room get generated on the same level, not in the same place, so at least those don't get spawned on top of each other. It did remind me of the fun times I used to have when the aforementioned scenario occurred.