PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready for the tower?

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 03:12 AM
I'm at the point where I have nothing left to do but grind, am I ready?

SirTheta
05-04-2014, 03:17 AM
assuming you can gain a level in the tower, you have enough HP to take ACW and you have spells, so your PV/etc. isn't a problem. plus, you're a drake - you'll have 300 speed and crush everything. Go for it - but opt for the crystal chain mail.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 03:29 AM
I plan on hitting the gremlin cave to practice with big punch a bit before I make the attempt.

edit - Do I need the crown of science?

JellySlayer
05-04-2014, 04:03 AM
No, you don't need the crown of science. Being doomed in the Tower is generally a bad idea IMHO.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Then I'll only have 3 forms of resistance: RoHK, elemental gauntlets, and a ring. Is this enough?

SirTheta
05-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Obtain more spense and you'll be fine with healing. Your speed will take care of everything else.

Don't bother with Big Punch. Don't explore the tower - get in, find stairs, kill ACW, get out. You'll have plenty of PP for such an endeavor.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 04:34 AM
I did my scouting run, stairs are as far as can be and I discovered I'd lost teleport control while pool drinking. Looks like I've got to find some blink dogs again.

edit - easier said than done, I've found that the ACW will shrug bolts far too often to go in with out a weapon.

SirTheta
05-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Do you have protection for your inventory? If so, teleport is pretty unnecessary and probably a waste of PP.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 04:40 AM
I know I'm being over cautious but the ACW is responsible for about half of my character deaths and I've only beat it like 5-6 times in the last 10 years.

SirTheta
05-04-2014, 04:41 AM
well you can't TP on last level and he won't descend stairs, so TP won't help in the fight, only getting to him.

just have lots of healing pots, you'll be fine with drake speed.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 04:43 AM
I know but the stairs were in opposite corners on every floor, I'm a drakeling with only 3 forms of resistance, that is alot of pain.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Um, did they nerf ACW in a recent version?

Maul
05-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Um, did they nerf ACW in a recent version?

Nerf? Why, was he so easy? All I know is that apparently he is either no longer affected by, or is somehow able to dodge potions of blindness and such (I tossed one at him with my current character and it didn't work). I also noticed he doesn't follow you downstairs anymore, which didn't really make him any more dangerous - in fact, now simply going downstairs is enough to flee and regroup, instead of having to teleport, and now I can regenerate while he doesn't.

Deathwind
05-04-2014, 09:46 PM
It died to 8 frost bolts, it never landed a hit of any kind.

SirTheta
05-05-2014, 02:24 AM
I keep saying this, but, dude. You are a Drake. You have 300 Speed. This means many things:
-You get 2-3 attacks per the ACW's one.
-You cannot be hit by his energy ray.
-You never have to stand next to the ACW (or any other monster).

If you are a Drake, doing the TOEF is as easy as taking candy from a baby no matter how buff the ACW is. And to top it off, you're a Wizard, the easiest class in the game.