PDA

View Full Version : A little pre23 challenge.

Blasphemous
05-16-2014, 12:55 AM
I felt the need to have some fun watching people die. I mean people's ADoM characters.
So I have created this nasty little character (Ratling Paladin, Unicorn-born, amazing isn't it?).
She is determined to succeed but some of her attributes might not seem up for the task.

The Mad Hattess has lost her hats (10 of them) somewhere in ID:15.
Now, there are some nasty things running around there, some are very fast, some breathe fire, some make a lot of noise.
Hidden around the level, there are the 10 mentioned hats.
Three of them also have a blessed RoDS and a potion of holy water inside. Which ones? Hard to tell.
Needless to say, there are 3 RoDS and 3 potions to be found, and also 3 guardians that can be... dealt with, somehow.
Hopefully they won't pick the prize up, but hurry up - it's better to be safe than sorry. Trust me, you'll need those wishes.
Maybe not all are obtainable at once but certainly some are doable.
Some are perhaps best left alone; after all a single RoDS might not be worth it if the other two are safer.

The character herself starts with a bunch of useful items although they are cursed, including that ring of doom, equipped and ready to make your life as miserable as humanly possible.
There is an AoLS on your neck - it's cursed, unfortunately.
There are three girdles of carrying, each with a different B/U/C status. 2 blessed RoDS, and 3 other rings: invisibility, teleport control and regeneration (in this order).
Scrolls of Magic Mapping, ID, Corruption Removal, Monster Detection and Charging, also in this order, have been conveniently placed in the inventory.
Finally 4 wands, the first and last - of teleportation, the 2nd and 3rd - death and magic missile.
Sadly, all charges have been exhausted. 10 potions of extra healing are there as well, although they might not be as useful as under... different circumstances.
A single uncursed scroll of uncursing is also available. Put it to good use.

Be sure to examine everything around and about your char before you start this.
I encourage reloading the save and starting over when you die (it's not a question of "if"), this will most definitely be a painful journey, full of death, suffering and torment.
I advise against save-scumming as that would defeat the purpose, but you can start over as many times as you wish.

The goal? Exit the Drakalor Chain and return home, or die trying. Don't forget the hats, it's all about them.
The further you get, with more hats than others, the better the score.
Each level of ID ascended gives one point, each hat collected also gives one point. Exiting the Drakalor Chain gives 10 points.

Have fun ;)