PDA

View Full Version : Glod and Anvils

RedBamboo
05-17-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi!

Looking to start smithing, and apparently an anvil is needed.
I have yet to find one, and Glod seems like the best option.
However, I can't really lure the Demon to kill him, since i'm still hunting for Thrundarr's first mob.

If I lure Glod out of DT and kill his, will some thing bad, like Ruun, cause DT to become hostile when I re-enter?
Or perhaps keep praying for an anvil to drop. :)

Lasher
05-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Hi! You can lure Glod to below the town by switching with him and being careful. I killed him with a monster nearby and a trap and nothing bad happened to me. I think you will be fine. But remember then he won't be around to repair your stuff.

ALSO: Don't forget to learn smithing from him before you do this!

And lastly, the evil dwarf in the Dark Forge has an anvil I think.

Good Luck :)

RedBamboo
05-17-2014, 01:17 AM
Traps!
Of course, thanks you. :)

RedBamboo
05-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Had to stab him. DT is still passive.
I wonder why people lure the demon rather than just kill him?

Lasher
05-17-2014, 02:25 AM
I asked about luring him off, but people said sometimes he gets mad if you switch with him too many times. It didn't happen to me, so I might have been lucky. Also, it was very frustrating and took a long time to do it, so maybe the demon is faster.

Plus personally given how much he charges he deserves the demon death IMO. It's probably much worse. :D

SirTheta
05-17-2014, 03:46 AM
I asked about luring him off, but people said sometimes he gets mad if you switch with him too many times. It didn't happen to me, so I might have been lucky. Also, it was very frustrating and took a long time to do it, so maybe the demon is faster.Switching with any NPC has a very small chance of making it hostile. As long as you don't kill a town NPC in town, nothing will happen though.

_Ln_
05-17-2014, 08:07 AM
You can anger any monster in DT by zapping a wand of webbing/stunning at them or using Ventriloquism. Nobody else will care but your target will get hostile. Just don't kill them inside the DT or Waldenbrook (only?) will get pissed.