PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on what to do next...

melphen
05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
I've got another good character going and I'm at the limit of what I know clearly. If someone could advise on what the next move should be I would be grateful.

The character is a lvl 15 Dwarf Pally. DV/PV = 56/30, he knows a handful of spells.

I have completed all the DT quests including the Dwarf Grave Yard. I also completed the Pyramid and been crowned the first time (first ever crowning for me too). I have the following gear of note:

Ancient Mummy Wrappings
Rolfs Savior
Elemental Gauntlets
Ankh
Perion's Mithril Plate Mail (should I be waring this instead of the wrappings?)

I'm thinking ToHK should be next but I have never actually made it through it so I can't judge this too well. This guy is about as strong a character as I have ever had. When should one start Dark Forge? I guess those two things should be next but I don't know. I would rather ask and look silly then smash good characters against these things until I figure it all out manually and more than likely get upset with the game and walk away for another 6 months...

JellySlayer
05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
What weapon are you using? Darkforge is probably doable with Big Punch or better considering your PV, I suppose, as long as you are careful and try to keep your HP above 120 or so.

If you haven't done so already, you should pick up the teleportation wand in the VDDL. You need a scroll/wand of item detection or magic map. This is a great emergency item that can safe your life. Always keep it charged.

You can probably safely venture down to get the Water Orb if you'd like, or do High Kings if you have a wand/spell of cold.

At this point, most important thing is just to be careful. Don't let your HP get too low, run/teleport away if you get into trouble. Your character is fairly buff though, so I think you're probably in good shape to get pretty far.

I'd use Perion Plate over the AMW for general purposes and keep the AMW on hand for battles with invisible or death casting monsters.

melphen
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
I have a few wands of cold and tele actually, as well as the tele spell. I don't have tele control however so it is a clear shot in the dark. Is there a sure way to get tele control? I know pools can get me there but to be honest they scare the crap out of me most of the time.

The best weapon I have found so far is a blessed adamantium broadsword. The character is very skilled with it at this point however at least. I have been carrying two that I picked up in the small cave.

Thanks for the advice. I'll stay clear of DF for now. I have done the water temple a few times before so I think I'll head that way. I don't like LF very much so I always hate to have to come back through it too many times. I posted this question in DT before going into LF just incase I had to turn right around back through it.

Masque
05-27-2014, 05:44 PM
For the TotHK pretty cool thing is heap of 3 blessed scrolls of magic mapping for 3-5 level caverns. Tough place.

Primary source of teleportation control is corpses of blink dogs, but I thing you are a lawful champion, so there is trouble - blink dogs are lawful too. And another trouble that there is guaranteed ring of ice for neutrals from dwarven mystic - my most desirable item for ToEF. My last time at lvl 16 I succesfully tried Ice Queen's lair, but my precrowning gift was Preserver and I had ring of fire, so I don't know if this way can be recomended for you.

mewmew
05-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I don't like LF very much so I always hate to have to come back through it too many times. I posted this question in DT before going into LF just incase I had to turn right around back through it.

You are a dwarf, you have it easy, get a blessed pickaxe (several of them, dwarven chaos knights drop them often) and dig a tunnel around the room, set doors at each side, trees will spawn in the tunnel too but not so many and you can simply kill them on your way to and fro. I like to do LF that way, if I don't have Mining I use wands of digging and potions of booze from beggars to charge them.