PDA

View Full Version : Robbing Stores

Ravenshire
05-29-2014, 06:47 PM
two questions

first does the thieves lvl 18 skill to rob stores still curse you?

and just started a new thief and balbanos has a shirt of the saints is it worth trying to steal this asap or wait til im much further in the game for go for it?

so i got the thief going and hes doing decent found a book shop that had spellbook of invis and was able to read it so i now have access to on demand invis. this is the first time that ive seen an artifact that might be worth risking an attempt at stealing so curious if someone can give some pointers.

heapsofgold
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
If you have on-demand invisibility, I would say go for it. Pile all the items you want to steal up in the corner of the shop, cast invisibility, and start picking things up (starting with the things you want the most... the shirt, in this case). As long as Barnabas doesn't see you do it, you can keep picking up things until he notices. It is a chaotic act to steal this way, but it doesn't curse, as far as I'm aware. And the worst that can happen is he detects you instantly as you pick up the shirt, then just treats you like a regular customer and asks you to pay for it.

I don't have an answer to your first question. I can never keep thieves alive very long.

Ravenshire
05-29-2014, 10:11 PM
thanks for the info

im currently kind of torturing myself by playing ME thieves and ive managed to get 2 to the ToEF and a few more upto the water temple but i keep making stupid mistakes and dying

i.e on demand tele and 2 RoDS and died to a greater mimic cause i tried to run rather then teleporting away.

Ravenshire
05-30-2014, 10:17 AM
was successful with the robbing and didnt even drop a degree of alignment was N+ and stayed that way even after taking the robs so not sure how big of a hit its supposed to be but it wasnt huge for me at least this time.