PDA

View Full Version : Luinhemer the orcish Beastfighter - first win

Paul 1602
06-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Luinhemer, the male orcish Beastfighter, closed the Chaos Gate on the 7th of June 2014.
As this was my first win, it's needless to say that I was pretty happy about it :D

He started out by going through SMC and UD (my opinion is that if a character dies there, he isn't worthy to survive). There, he found a pool, obtained permanent invisibility which annoyed me a bit (arena) but lost it again in the next sip. He also ot a few intrinsics (not sure, but I think lucky and paralyzation) and - a wish! He wished for Red Dragon Scale Mail and proceeded to HMV.
After that, he entered the CoC, fought the first 19 arena fights, proceeded to DT, converted to N- and got Thrundarr's first quest, a Berserker lord, who he found on the 3rd level of TotHK, after nearly being killed by a Wall Beast. After that he cleared the Griffyard, the Pyramid, explored some more of the CoC and completed all of Thrundarr's quests (not sure about the order xD). After that he decided that ~lvl 18 should be enough to clear DF, though he found literally nothing useful except for a few intrinsics (and dooming) from the pools, most notable teleportitis and -control. After that, he decided that 1 blessed Fireproof blanket should be enough to clear the ToEF, which he did. Next, he ventured to the library, got some useful scrolls and books, that were later read with the crown, though still with some difficulties. These dumb beastfighters... He also got the scrolls from the Ghost librarian's quest.
Then he obtained the RotHK without problems and went back to DT, where he got crowned by saccing with Preserver by saccing 2-3 artifacts. He then went deeper into the Caves, with nothing exiting happening, except for 2 trips to Guth'Alak for some potions for the corpses of various bosses. He found Sun's Messenger in a lesser vault of red dragons, Trusted One in the only greater vault (giants) that he didn't bother to finish and proceeded to the lower levels. He got Far Slayer on D:49 and rested for a night, not daring to screw up in his tired state xD.
Initially slightly worried because of the lack of blessed healing potions or holy water to bless the others, he started to punch various Chaos monsters in the face, after which he did the same thing to himself when he realised that swapping with the Beastfighter class power could potentially be easier. He swapped through hordes of monsters, killed the southern Balor, which brought him to N+. This caused him to drink his potion of balance, hoping it would bring him back to N= (of course it didn't, didn't change the stats a lot, so no harm done) and realised that he had abouth 3 amulets of balance in his backpack. After handling the lever, he went towards the other lever and started to demolish the other Balor, switching his Preserver to a blessed amulet of balance. He then did pretty much the dumbest thing possible in that situation, he swapped a monster onto the lever and teleported out. Without flipping the 2nd lever.
Luckily he got another corruption on D:49, and decided to go back to fix his mistake. On the left side of the level, he met a peacefull chaos brother and backstabbed him, bringing him back to N=. He then swapped though all the monsters once again, handeled the lever, swapped a monster onto it and left.
Back on the surface, he killed the Greater black unicorn, got this corrupions removed, and lived happily ever after :D

Feel free to download the flg, I attached it because I... erm... don't know how to insert the text in a fancy and not-20000-characters-exceeding way.

mewmew
06-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Congratulations on your first win :3

I wonder if it's possible not to kill those balors who guard the levers, just to swap with them, to pull the levers, then to swap a monster to the levers, possibly to swap balors 1-2 more times and to teleport away. My recent beastfighter didn't hit 32 so I couldn't try it myself and had to kill them as well as both lever room spawns...

SirTheta
06-08-2014, 05:53 AM
I wonder if it's possible not to kill those balors who guard the levers, just to swap with them, to pull the levers, then to swap a monster to the levers, possibly to swap balors 1-2 more times and to teleport away. My recent beastfighter didn't hit 32 so I couldn't try it myself and had to kill them as well as both lever room spawns...If done carefully so that a monster occupies the space of the lever, yes. If both levers can't be TP'd onto then it's possible to TP to stairs after they are pulled w/o killing anything.

Paul 1602
06-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Guess I could have done it that way too xD
Btw, is it normal that none of the ghost lords got a single hit on me, even though I berserked the balors for several turns with at least one of them constantly *trying* to hit me?

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, it's not common for a ghost lord to hit an endgame character but it only takes two hits for your orc to go bye bye. So you got lucky.

Congrats on the win.