PDA

View Full Version : Question about experience

Sad Death Generator
06-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I hit L 50 a while ago and then went for Filk. After killing him, I got one of those post 50 levels from switching levels up in the ID. My question: how did this happen? Did a monster auto-die from a generated trap and give me enough xp to put me over? Did I get credit for switching levels? Neither of these seems terribly likely; I was around ID 10 so nothing could generate that would give sufficient experience to level me.

I'm using 1.1.1 if that matters.

SirTheta
06-07-2014, 11:39 PM
At various points the game "checks" to see if you should advance (a la how it "checks" if you've trained a stat enough to advance it). It's more common for it to occur when gaining experience, but it can happen any time.

Sad Death Generator
06-08-2014, 12:11 AM
thanks a lot

_Ln_
06-08-2014, 11:11 AM
It's not stats that are trained, but skills. As of 1.2.0 the game even says "You advance in your skills." The easiest way to reproduce it is to get a lot of xp and then go take a dive in the lake if your swimming is < 100.

The stat training occurs all the time as far as I am aware and is much more frequent (around every 1k turns?) and guaranteed to happen at level-up.

SirTheta
06-08-2014, 01:41 PM
It's not stats that are trained, but skills. As of 1.2.0 the game even says "You advance in your skills." The easiest way to reproduce it is to get a lot of xp and then go take a dive in the lake if your swimming is < 100.

The stat training occurs all the time as far as I am aware and is much more frequent (around every 1k turns?) and guaranteed to happen at level-up.Yes - I was simply comparing it to stat training / advancing in stats. The mechanic is not the exact same it is just "similar" to (hence the "a la").